Page 10 of 14 First ... 67891011121314 Last

Thread: Xbox One

  1. #91
    goodlun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona CA
    Posts
    7,317
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree I am just rather cynical so getting me to take things at face value is a bit harder. Time will tell that is for sure.
    I am surprised that with them aiming for this holiday season that all the developer tools and the what not are not already out in order to get some decent launch titles.

  2. #92
    Colin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    3,121
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    I agree I am just rather cynical so getting me to take things at face value is a bit harder. Time will tell that is for sure.
    I am surprised that with them aiming for this holiday season that all the developer tools and the what not are not already out in order to get some decent launch titles.
    Well, the tools HAVE been released, but only to a select few developers at the moment.

  3. #93
    goodlun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona CA
    Posts
    7,317
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let me ask you this, if developing cross platform now that the kinect will be standard on the Xbox do you try and incorporate it in a manner that enhances a game but isn't required to play it or do you just ignore it altogether?

  4. #94
    Colin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    3,121
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As a developer? I would probably ignore it unless microsoft is offering big bucks for a kinect only feature. Same story with the sony touchpad, basically.

  5. #95

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    157
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    As a developer? I would probably ignore it unless microsoft is offering big bucks for a kinect only feature. Same story with the sony touchpad, basically.
    Colin: We (Our family) has ps3's and I had no clue the 4 was out, coming out or even the xbox stuff. I bought them so my boys could play all the war games, etc. What my question is, based on this thread I would surmise that keeping the ps3 or upgrading to the 4 is a good thing, however, can a person play OLD USED Games on ps3, ps2 etc., or once you get a new machine, does it exclude the older games.

    Footnote: Used to play Twinsen on my PC, and loved the hell out of it, but never learned if there is a newer version. Do you know? Thanks much -

  6. #96

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    174
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by -TANK- View Post
    Colin: We (Our family) has ps3's and I had no clue the 4 was out, coming out or even the xbox stuff. I bought them so my boys could play all the war games, etc. What my question is, based on this thread I would surmise that keeping the ps3 or upgrading to the 4 is a good thing, however, can a person play OLD USED Games on ps3, ps2 etc., or once you get a new machine, does it exclude the older games.

    Footnote: Used to play Twinsen on my PC, and loved the hell out of it, but never learned if there is a newer version. Do you know? Thanks much -
    Early versions of the PS3 did have backwards compatibility with PS1 and PS2, but Sony eventually dropped the feature. The PS4 will not be compatible with games of any previous generations.

    Have a look at this:
    http://www.gog.com/gamecard/little_big_adventure_2

  7. #97
    goodlun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona CA
    Posts
    7,317
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by -TANK- View Post
    Colin: We (Our family) has ps3's and I had no clue the 4 was out, coming out or even the xbox stuff. I bought them so my boys could play all the war games, etc. What my question is, based on this thread I would surmise that keeping the ps3 or upgrading to the 4 is a good thing, however, can a person play OLD USED Games on ps3, ps2 etc., or once you get a new machine, does it exclude the older games.

    Footnote: Used to play Twinsen on my PC, and loved the hell out of it, but never learned if there is a newer version. Do you know? Thanks much -
    I am not sure if I am reading this right.
    If the question is will your older gaming machines still work? Yes they will the PS3 you have will still play PS3 games. There will still be some new PS3 games coming out for a short bit after the PS4 is launched. If your PS3 is of the generation that plays the old PS2 games it will continue to do so.

    The PS4 will only play PS4 games and will not play PS3 games. So if you have a lot of PS3 games that your boys still play you're probably better off keeping the PS3 when you get around to getting a PS4.

    So in summation your PS3 will still work fine when the PS4 comes out. At some point no new games will be coming out for it and your boys are going to want the PS4.

  8. #98
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,442
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL how did you read that so strange?

  9. #99
    Phrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1998
    Location
    Cow Town
    Posts
    19,137
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm...


  10. #100
    goodlun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona CA
    Posts
    7,317
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    LOL how did you read that so strange?
    Years of doing tech support on one level or another.

Page 10 of 14 First ... 67891011121314 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO