Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/26/2013 2:01am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree I am just rather cynical so getting me to take things at face value is a bit harder. Time will tell that is for sure.
    I am surprised that with them aiming for this holiday season that all the developer tools and the what not are not already out in order to get some decent launch titles.

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    5/26/2013 2:20am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    I agree I am just rather cynical so getting me to take things at face value is a bit harder. Time will tell that is for sure.
    I am surprised that with them aiming for this holiday season that all the developer tools and the what not are not already out in order to get some decent launch titles.
    Well, the tools HAVE been released, but only to a select few developers at the moment.

Posted On:
    5/26/2013 2:25am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let me ask you this, if developing cross platform now that the kinect will be standard on the Xbox do you try and incorporate it in a manner that enhances a game but isn't required to play it or do you just ignore it altogether?

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    5/26/2013 2:29am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As a developer? I would probably ignore it unless microsoft is offering big bucks for a kinect only feature. Same story with the sony touchpad, basically.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    5/26/2013 8:10am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Wrestling, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    As a developer? I would probably ignore it unless microsoft is offering big bucks for a kinect only feature. Same story with the sony touchpad, basically.
    Colin: We (Our family) has ps3's and I had no clue the 4 was out, coming out or even the xbox stuff. I bought them so my boys could play all the war games, etc. What my question is, based on this thread I would surmise that keeping the ps3 or upgrading to the 4 is a good thing, however, can a person play OLD USED Games on ps3, ps2 etc., or once you get a new machine, does it exclude the older games.

Footnote: Used to play Twinsen on my PC, and loved the hell out of it, but never learned if there is a newer version. Do you know? Thanks much -

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2013 12:53pm

Style: Thai Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by -TANK- View Post
    Colin: We (Our family) has ps3's and I had no clue the 4 was out, coming out or even the xbox stuff. I bought them so my boys could play all the war games, etc. What my question is, based on this thread I would surmise that keeping the ps3 or upgrading to the 4 is a good thing, however, can a person play OLD USED Games on ps3, ps2 etc., or once you get a new machine, does it exclude the older games.

Footnote: Used to play Twinsen on my PC, and loved the hell out of it, but never learned if there is a newer version. Do you know? Thanks much -
    Early versions of the PS3 did have backwards compatibility with PS1 and PS2, but Sony eventually dropped the feature. The PS4 will not be compatible with games of any previous generations.

Have a look at this:
    http://www.gog.com/gamecard/little_big_adventure_2

Posted On:
    5/26/2013 2:21pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by -TANK- View Post

I am not sure if I am reading this right.
    If the question is will your older gaming machines still work? Yes they will the PS3 you have will still play PS3 games. There will still be some new PS3 games coming out for a short bit after the PS4 is launched. If your PS3 is of the generation that plays the old PS2 games it will continue to do so.

The PS4 will only play PS4 games and will not play PS3 games. So if you have a lot of PS3 games that your boys still play you're probably better off keeping the PS3 when you get around to getting a PS4.

So in summation your PS3 will still work fine when the PS4 comes out. At some point no new games will be coming out for it and your boys are going to want the PS4.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/26/2013 2:30pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL how did you read that so strange?

Posted On:
    5/26/2013 9:39pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm...

Posted On:
    5/26/2013 10:52pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    LOL how did you read that so strange?
    Years of doing tech support on one level or another.
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 LastLast