Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Welterweight

Posted On:
    5/29/2013 7:19am

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Silat Fighter in the Octagon (MMA)

Ok his opponent isn't all that dangerous but this kid has some nice timing and movement. Never quite gets to the ground. Apols if already been posted.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2013 7:40am

Style: DocePares/MMA(YawYan)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good sidekicks, needs to keep his hands up.

Think the other guy was a bit confused, I wonder how things would go vs an aggressive grappler/wrestler.

Do we know who this guy is and who he fights for? I'd be very interested in seeing more of his fights.

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    5/29/2013 7:49am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's funny how the guy with his hands down DIDN'T get his head caved in like the guy with his hands up did... :-)

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Posted On:
    5/29/2013 8:08am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    During the early days of the UFC there was an alternate fighter who was a silat player. He lost his only fight, and the silat community disavowed him pretty much immediately with a lot of No True Scotsman hand-waving.

Nice to see one with some good fight in him, and I liked that he did do some identifiable silat-ish stuff (even if the flying scissors didn't work).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2013 8:53am

Style: Grappling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    During the early days of the UFC there was an alternate fighter who was a silat player. He lost his only fight, and the silat community disavowed him pretty much immediately with a lot of No True Scotsman hand-waving.

Nice to see one with some good fight in him, and I liked that he did do some identifiable silat-ish stuff (even if the flying scissors didn't work).
    http://www.deathvalleydriver.com/dvdvr/dvdvr139.html

As memorable as UFC2 was, the PPV and commercial video did American fans a slight disservice; the show was a 16-man tournament, where the winner would have to win 4 times in one night. To accommodate the restrictions of PPV, the first round of the tournament was never shown, with the exception of Royce Gracie’s first round win over an overmatched Japanese karateka. Thus, American fans never learned who that lanky fellow was breaking boards in the UFC2 pre-show video, or what skills the creeping, crawling, gesturing, Maxwell Klinger-esque fellow in the flowing black robes brought to the UFC. No, fair reader, hidden from view since Bill Clinton was just a suspected pervert are the matches that the UFC didn’t want you to see! Thankfully, an unknown ninja managed to evade attack dogs, night watchmen, and the most sensitive of electronic surveillance at the UFC’s remote island headquarters, and return, tape in hand, to present this gift to the world. Take a moment to review your memories of UFC2, and perhaps review their “Everything You Need To Know” segment at the beginning of the PPV, which teaches us poor rubes the wisdom of the ancients, where karate practitioners could still claim to practice, “One Strike, One Kill” without being laughed out of their strip mall dojos. Presented for your enjoyment, dear reader, the fights the UFC didn’t want you to see! UFC2 – the Missing Matches!

6th Match – Alberto Cerro Leon (Pentak Silat) vs. Remco Pardoel (Judo)
    Ahh, Pentak Silat, one of the mysterious arts of the far east! You may remember Mr. Leon from the introduction to the UFC2 commercial tape, where he is shown is his flowing garments making weird finger gestures and crawling on the ground like a spastic cat. His opponent is a rather large, babyfaced Dutchman competing in his judo gi. Using some laughably bizarre hand and finger movements to assert his status as a true martial-arts master worthy of a spot in the Bloodsport Kumite, Leon catches Pardoel with a good stiff right hand and quickly maneuvers behind the bigger Judoka. Pardoel calmly grabs hold of Leon’s wrist and tosses him deftly over his shoulder in a beautiful display of classical judo technique. Once on the ground, Pardoel struggles mightily to control the clueless but energetic Silat man before settling in to a sloppy side mount. Pardoel fiddles around for a minute or so, not appearing to make any progress when Leon suddenly taps out. A closer inspection shows that Remco had a weak-looking side choke which subdued his foe. Despite having the most ridiculous-looking pre-fight video, our Silat representative made a solid showing for himself, although this was undoubtedly based more on his own natural endurance and athleticism than on anything his craptastic Silat mastery brought to the table.
    Last edited by andrewa; 5/29/2013 8:56am at . Reason: add link

Welterweight

Posted On:
    5/29/2013 4:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post

Yeah, thats what I liked. He had some silat flavour to his movement and how he covered himself, plus some ambitious kicks.

Tonuzaba

It's funny how the guy with his hands down DIDN'T get his head caved in like the guy with his hands up did... :-)
    I think the silat guy had his timing down on this guy and as Fuzzy said there were times his opponent seemed at a bit of a loss, he certainly didnt have his game on.

Fuzzy

Good sidekicks, needs to keep his hands up.

Think the other guy was a bit confused, I wonder how things would go vs an aggressive grappler/wrestler.

Do we know who this guy is and who he fights for? I'd be very interested in seeing more of his fights

I'll see if I can get more info out of the uploader.

Here's another one, same YT channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/malik199

Abdul-Malik Ahmad is the guys name not sure if it's the same guy as in the first vid?
    Last edited by Resonance10; 5/29/2013 4:56pm at . Reason: add link, name

Posted On:
    5/29/2013 8:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That silat fighter is one explosive athlete. Well done.

Was anybody else yelling at the screen for some Gracie self-defense headlock counters?
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/29/2013 8:29pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1point2 View Post

Was anybody else yelling at the screen for some Gracie self-defense headlock counters?
    Yep. I was thinking the same thing. And that was pretty early in the series if I remember correctly. Someone tell that guy. Order the series, learn it, then win your MMA fights. Easy.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    5/29/2013 8:46pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1point2 View Post

At that point I was thinking " OK neither of them seem to know what to do here", no disrespect to them.