Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 7:40pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to drop this in so it doesn't taint my thinking, then go back and read all the comments:

here's my notes while watching - dread vs. red, shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by submessenger
    rd 1
    red for aggressive
    got a takedown, but did nothing with it, in fact ended up in dread's triangle

dread defended well whole round, wasn't active, but did have 1 sub attempt

rd 2
    aggressive again for red
    red I think had more strikes that landed

dread again defended well, hard to tell in the blur but maybe a sub attempt in there? had a couple of early strikes

rd 3
    aggressive to red
    again with the takedown but couldn't do anything with it; 1 sub attempt

dread owns on the ground in this match, 2 sub attempts, and setup for a third
    round 1 dread
    round 2 red
    round 3 dread

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2013 12:46am

Style: Cage Fu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    29-28 Red Corner.

Blue won the first round with that triangle, though it was close.

Red won the second clearly with the takedown and ground and pound.

Red won the third with the takedown, though it was shaky while in the triangle, but he finished with some big punches and a guard pass. Competitive round, but definitely red's round.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2013 5:12am

Style: Kickboxin & Shootfightin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok,so going to play devils advocate. (and no doubt get smashed for it lol)

Rd 1. Standing seemed reasonably even,but i did feel blue landed those knees quite hard,although one was low. The successful takedown wouldn't have counted as it landed him in a triangle which was on for quite a while,(but not well),. So,striking prolly went to blue due knees, cage work was reasonably even,takedown nullified,so nothing,and a solid attempt at sub from blue and depending on judges angle may have looked alot worse than what we saw. Is it possible it went 10-8 to blue??

Rd 2. Traded a couple of shots, being aggresive isn't a good thing if you are getting countered and there wasa little bit of countering and then trading of shots. First takedown,couple of shots landed by red but blue gets up straight away so not sure if that would count due to not controlling the blue fighter enough. Second take down,alot more effective, red landed in control throws some shots that landed nicely then blue fends him off and looks to catch red with an upkick as he's trying to come back in and red lands in an armbar(?) attempt (not a good one though,not sure how that one scores, sub attempt vs being on top but not in control??) round finishes with red on top but not really doing anything to dominate,lands some (?) goodish shots,but blue finished round with red in guard,wrist control. 50/50 round.

Round 3. Starts with red going forward and pinning blue to cage but not sure what was going on,was blue trying a standing guillotine?? or was he just defending?? Either way, red eventually gets the takedown but doesn't land in control of his opponent and in fact lands in a triangle attempt that looks to be more technically dangerous than the one in round 1,so no takedown scored,and blue has a solid sub attempt. It looked alot tighter to me and red had his posture broken down for a small portion,i though he was lucky blue didn't realise (?) or know (?) and blue allowed him to regain his posture/feet,got stacked and red escapes to sorta side control and lands some really nice hammerfists. Red passed to mount but isn't really able to lock it down and the arguement could possibly be made blue had him in better control so eventually red moves to sidecontroll. End of round. Prolly went to red,but could have easily gone to blue depending on where judges were seated due no real striking, takedown not really landed well, solid sub attempt vs a couple of hammer fists.

Rd 1. Blue 10 vs Red 9/8
    Rd2. Blue 10/9 vs Red 10/9
    Rd3. Blue 10/9 vs Red 10/9

Total. Blue 30/29/28 Red 29/28/26. Which would tend to indicate the fight would go to blue through probability??

Hows that for some devils advocate. Can i have my judges licence now??
    Last edited by KiwiPhil889; 5/21/2013 5:37am at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/21/2013 11:18am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't want devil's advocate but I appreciate the attempt. I just wanted honest opinion.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2013 12:21pm

Style: Kickboxin & Shootfightin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eh,to be honest,it wasn't much of a devils advocate attempt either lol.

I don't believe reds takedowns counted much at all,maybe one during the match,and that blues sub attempts were more effective than reds ground strikes. I would still have given the match to blue.

It looked as though blue has spent quite a bit of time working on hitting sub attempts mid-takedown,particularly triangle-armbar lock flow.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/21/2013 12:25pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiPhil889 View Post
    Eh,to be honest,it wasn't much of a devils advocate attempt either lol.

I don't believe reds takedowns counted much at all,maybe one during the match,and that blues sub attempts were more effective than reds ground strikes. I would still have given the match to blue.

It looked as though blue has spent quite a bit of time working on hitting sub attempts mid-takedown,particularly triangle-armbar lock flow.
    That's better.

:)

Posted On:
    5/23/2013 11:03am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From a first viewing, looked to be 2-1 red.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/30/2013 12:38pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay guys so here's the deal; these are actual video of the fight professionally done. The first video is the fight before my guys. Watch both so you can help me understand:

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    5/30/2013 4:38pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Blue (Northcutt) I thought had the fight.

In the pro video, I don't give the first round sub attempt to Shannon (blue), which swings my first round decision to Davis (red). Davis' arm wasn't even in the triangle. Third round, similar, Davis' arm was in the triangle, but it wasn't anywhere near where it needed to be to sink the sub. I still give 3 to Shannon, but by a much slimmer margin.

So, Davis won that fight in my revised and unqualified opinion.

Bonus: Omega sighting at 15:13, 16:11, etc.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12