Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 2:57pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Score this fight and tell me what you think.

It doesn't matter who's who, you can hear the scores at the end. Who do you think won?

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 3:12pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay I'm not up on MMA scoring.

IMO 2-1 red at the least.

1st round was iffy and I could go either way.

How blue won, unless their was some creative video editing, I do not know. Also, I have no clue about the scoring criteria.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 3:28pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Round one was red. He was being aggressive and had blue up against the cage, got a take down and was busy.

Round two was also for red to me. Blue starts off looking like hes coming out on top to me but then red turns it around and lands a take down. Blue gets up but red keeps the pressure and puts blue up against the cage. He goes for another take down and eventually gets it. Blues doing a pretty decent job at protecting himself from what I can tell but at the end of the day hes on the bottom and wasn't the one who got taken down.

Round three. Yet again we find blue ending up with his back against the cage with red looking for a take down and getting it. Once again blue is defending really well and he looks like hes going for a triangle or a sweep (Its hard to tell watching the video on my phone.) But red fights off whatever the hell blue was going for and still remains on top. At around 5:22 ish red lands some pretty hard hammer fists and is cementing his dominance in my eyes

Anyone mind playing devils advocate and explaining to me how blue won? I am really at a loss Red spent most of the match on top or with blue pinned against the cage.
    Last edited by judokarl; 5/20/2013 3:29pm at . Reason: spelling error

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 3:36pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judokarl View Post
    Round one was red. He was being aggressive and had blue up against the cage, got a take down and was busy.
    He got takedowns, he was pressing the action, but he also got hit coming in and his punches were wilder. I thought they were connecting at a nearly equal pace. I can see this round going either way because aggressive doesn't always mean winning the round.

That's the one round I could pick apart and argue either way. The other two were not even close.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 3:38pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only way that blue wins is if the triangle attempts in the first and third round were given HUGE weight. I can see that for the first, a big chunk of the round was spent inside that triangle, it looked like it was close to ending the fight a couple of times. So I gave that round to blue on the strength of that, since he was the closest to finishing the fight.

The other two rounds were both red though, because that triangle choke in the third was only on for about 8 seconds, maybe 10, and was never close to ending the fight compared to the complete control and dominance from red. The second round was obviously all red, all the time. No way to dispute that.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 3:41pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    The only way that blue wins is if the triangle attempts in the first and third round were given HUGE weight. I can see that for the first, a big chunk of the round was spent inside that triangle, it looked like it was close to ending the fight a couple of times. So I gave that round to blue on the strength of that, since he was the closest to finishing the fight.
    Thanks, I wasn't sure because "I do no BJJ." So, I wasn't sure if the triangle was as close as I thought.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 4:21pm

Style: Kickboxing/MuaiThai (new)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judokarl View Post
    Anyone mind playing devils advocate and explaining to me how blue won? I am really at a loss Red spent most of the match on top or with blue pinned against the cage.
    I disagree with the decision. But purely as a devils advocate; and I don't know a lot about MMA scoring so what little I can offer is likely iffy at best.

Round 1:
    The grappling is arguable; blue is using the cage to prevent a take down where at 0:23 he reverses and puts red against the cage. At 0:25 he lands what looks to be a solid knee but is somewhat awkward due to the camera angle. At 0:36 he looks to land another solid knee but again difficult to discern with the angle. Depending on your view ( I think red took down blue ) it is arguable that blue dropped to attempt some kind of leg choke on Red who looks to be floundering some.

Arguable Win: Blue

Round 2:
    Blue lands a solid right early on and shows good defense. Offers good ground and pound defense and then seems to attempt the same leg choke that he's been doing since round 1. I'm not really sure who took down who or if that counts as a 'reversal' or not. Nearer the end Red controls the match avoiding what I think is an Arm Bar? and putting in some GnP.

Arguable Win: 50/50

Round 3:
    Red seems to clean sweep this (imo) even though blue goes for the same leg choke (again?) Red seems to have learned and is in total control. Even as a devils advocate I can not offer why this isn't a Red won round.

Win: Red

I think Round 2 is where it was lost mostly - split decision 50/50.

I still think Red won. This is entirely Devils Advocate from a bystander who knows little about scoring in MMA. Anyone with real knowledge will correct me easily; but judging is all about opinion right?
    Last edited by Ignoscant; 5/20/2013 4:47pm at .

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 4:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1st round to blue
    2nd round is a bit harder I went back and forth through it but in end I would give it to Red.
    3rd round to Red hands down.

Over all impression Red seemed to be the better fighter
    But blue seemed to make better use of the cage and ruleset. Blue managed to use the cage to prevent the takedowns and to make good use of defensive grappling. I am sure he scored a lot of points with those triangles and looked to be in a fair amount of control on the bottom. Actually in general Blue did look to be in control and calm when dealing with the aggression.

All that being said I would certainly have given the fight to Red.

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 4:52pm

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No idea about MMA scoring, but red was attacking more, had successful (although technically not cleanest) takedowns.

Red in all three rounds. Was more active and landed more shots, etc.

Blue should really re-visit basic triangle lessons, especially if that position in this fight weighed in favor of his "victory", as someone mentioned - being unable to finish from a long, tight, closed triangle isn't something to be proud of.

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 5:26pm

supporting member
     Style: 無木兔

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There was no KO and and no sub, it comes down the scorecard and that could go either way because neither blue or red really seemed to dominate, imo.

I'd give red more points for technique and attack, blue more points for defense and control most of the time.

Red definitely had more heart and better skill and would have won if it were UFC1.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast