Page 6 of 8 First ... 2345678 Last
  1. #51

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Durham NC
    Posts
    140
    Style
    Judo & BJJ
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    The site policy not too long ago was "open season on noobs found outside Newbietown".

    It was always the practice. Whichever noobs survived the process became integrated.
    I have always found that the respective TMA forums and I assume the basic technique forums have always been rather hospitable to noobs as long as they have posted valid questions. Any time I post a video from a tournament up here I get nothing but solid and friendly advice in abundance.

  2. #52

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,775
    Style
    Chinese Boxing
    5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Most of those are lurkers... because shitting on new members, rather than integrating them into the community, has become the standard practice for a few people who apparently took Omega's razzing at face value as something to emulate.
    Oh sure, blame it on me.

  3. #53
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,822
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judokarl View Post
    I have always found that the respective TMA forums and I assume the basic technique forums have always been rather hospitable to noobs as long as they have posted valid questions. Any time I post a video from a tournament up here I get nothing but solid and friendly advice in abundance.
    OK let me clarify what I meant, after all, so that we can move on.

    I made an observation about why I thought the non-Newbietown forums had become a flamepit for noobs; that some people interpreted the site/Newbietown policies a certain way, especially based on the older site rules of brutal, open discussion and "Are you a Dick, Asshole, or *****" paradigm. Veteran posters know EXACTLY what I mean.

    What I think has happened at least since I joined (the immediate post-Cy Q Faunce era) is that the site members end up constantly trying to expose each OTHER as frauds and liars. In other words, who is going to be the NEXT Cy? Maybe it's the guy standing next to you...

    I think that is what ultimately hurts site membership....the Bullshido Inquisition process itself. If I am guilty of taking part against noobs, it is because I am a product of that policy. Even years later, I will post some minor claim with some evidence, and it becomes a "WHO ARE YOU REALLY" routine. That gets old.

    I don't mind the Inquisition, or following whatever rules I am asked to follow here; I am an honest and open guy, after all. I try to play well with others

    Lastly, and with emotional content:
    If anyone thinks I have trouble admitting when I am wrong, you should have seen me before I joined Bullshido.net.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 5/20/2013 12:27pm at . Reason: That's all, folks.

  4. #54

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,775
    Style
    Chinese Boxing
    5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    OK let me clarify what I meant, after all, so that we can move on.

    I made an observation about why I thought the non-Newbietown forums had become a flamepit for noobs; that some people interpreted the site/Newbietown policies a certain way, especially based on the older site rules of brutal, open discussion and "Are you a Dick, Asshole, or *****" paradigm. Veteran posters know EXACTLY what I mean.

    What I think has happened at least since I joined (the immediate post-Cy Q Faunce era) is that the site members end up constantly trying to expose each OTHER as frauds and liars. In other words, who is going to be the NEXT Cy? Maybe it's the guy standing next to you...

    I think that is what ultimately hurts site membership....the Bullshido Inquisition process itself. If I am guilty of taking part against noobs, it is because I am a product of that policy. Even years later, I will post some minor claim with some evidence, and it becomes a "WHO ARE YOU REALLY" routine. That gets old.

    I don't mind the Inquisition, or following whatever rules I am asked to follow here; I am an honest and open guy, after all. I try to play well with others

    Lastly, and with emotional content:
    If anyone thinks I have trouble admitting when I am wrong, you should have seen me before I joined Bullshido.net.
    Why are you yelling?

  5. #55
    DerAuslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,449
    Style
    BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Didn't I already explain all this, Wabbit?

  6. #56
    goshinbudoJJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Massapequa, New York
    Posts
    341
    Style
    BJJ, Judo, JJJ
    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It probably wouldn't hurt to establish some basic ground rules for the forum in the "Welcome To Bullshido" e-mail... maybe even a link to some of the important sticky threads?

    I joined up back in 2010, and this was the e-mail:

    "Dear goshinbudoJJ,

    Thanks for registering at No BS MMA and Martial Arts! We are glad you have chosen to be a part of our community and we hope you enjoy your stay.

    All the best,
    No BS MMA and Martial Arts"

    Definitely welcoming, but somewhat lacking as far as forum guidelines/etiquette. Probably not a bad idea to instruct new users to introduce themselves in noobietown before posting elsewhere....

  7. #57

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    688
    Style
    Books & Cardio
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Why are you yelling?
    Some expression of emotional response on his part. I guess.

  8. #58
    IceColdMothafucka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,278
    Style
    Pumping iron
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander View Post
    Didn't I already explain all this, Wabbit?
    Yes he said that. Did you even read the thread?
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

  9. #59

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,775
    Style
    Chinese Boxing
    8
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goshinbudoJJ View Post
    It probably wouldn't hurt to establish some basic ground rules for the forum in the "Welcome To Bullshido" e-mail... maybe even a link to some of the important sticky threads?

    I joined up back in 2010, and this was the e-mail:

    "Dear goshinbudoJJ,

    Thanks for registering at No BS MMA and Martial Arts! We are glad you have chosen to be a part of our community and we hope you enjoy your stay.

    All the best,
    No BS MMA and Martial Arts"

    Definitely welcoming, but somewhat lacking as far as forum guidelines/etiquette. Probably not a bad idea to instruct new users to introduce themselves in noobietown before posting elsewhere....
    How about "Don't get buttsore if we call you on your BS you whining little ****"?

  10. #60
    goshinbudoJJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Massapequa, New York
    Posts
    341
    Style
    BJJ, Judo, JJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    How about "Don't get buttsore if we call you on your BS you whining little ****"?

    That works

Page 6 of 8 First ... 2345678 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO