Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 6:44am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    The site policy not too long ago was "open season on noobs found outside Newbietown".

It was always the practice. Whichever noobs survived the process became integrated.
    See, you're wrong Rabbit.

I can't believe this exact same discussion is still going on. In most cases you shouldn't hassle noobs any more than you would hassle Phrost or Asia or Der or Tranquil for saying the same thing. That's been my policy from day one. There is no trial by fire followed by a free pass. It should be a constant tempering and testing.

When someone makes claims about the effectiveness of a technique, the organized structure of a specific wood grain, or acts like a bad ass by making empty promises or invitations of/to violence without provocation or showing they know these things first hand or are at least willing to throw hands they will be questioned by me for as long as they post on these topics with any level of seriousness. Whether they be a noob or a douche nozzle with 6,283 posts.

... wow that was a horribly written run on sentence and a badly structured paragraph. I feel bad about it, but the point still stands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

:)

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 8:05am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I always took the no0b rule to mean, be polite in Newbietown, (until moved to YMAS/Trollshido). Don't **** on the welcome mat for the site, and all.

I would hope that no0bs outside of newbietown just get normal treatment.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 8:14am

Style: BJJ & Shooto

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I think i'm a lurker because I pretty much visit this forum everyday but still didn't post much.

It's just that I don't really think that I have that much to say about Martial Arts because i've only done 3 years of BJJ (some shooto/MMA) and the rest was ninjutsu (jinnenkan for a year untill zendokan/bullshido saved me) and krotty (shotokan) when I was little. So don't really have that much to add to the site, IMHO.

*typo

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 8:48am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthias. View Post
    It's just that I don't really think that I have that much to say about Martial Arts because i've only done 3 years of BJJ (some shooto/MMA) and the rest was ninjutsu (jinnenkan for a year untill zendokan/bullshido saved me) and krotty (shotokan) when I was little. So don't really have that much to add to the site, IMHO.
    Ironically, your humble attitude means you would probably make an excellent poster. See below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Excellent_o_98148.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	14868

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 9:37am

Style: BJJ & Shooto

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Ironically, your humble attitude means you would probably make an excellent poster. See below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Excellent_o_98148.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	14868
    Don't know to be honored or scared right now. I posted in the Eurothrowdown for cheap hotels and trams. I speak dutch and figured might be easier finding some hotels then when you don't speak dutch.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 9:45am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    See, you're wrong Rabbit.

I can't believe this exact same discussion is still going on. In most cases you shouldn't hassle noobs any more than you would hassle Phrost or Asia or Der or Tranquil for saying the same thing. That's been my policy from day one. There is no trial by fire followed by a free pass. It should be a constant tempering and testing.
    When were we ever discussing your personal policy or "usuals-vs-newbs"?

I was referring to the actual Newbietown policy, which states:

"Introductions, stupid questions, and general noobness. TROLLING THE NOOBS IS A BANNABLE OFFENSE IN THIS FORUM. Of course, if you catch them in the wild, it's open season. So if you're a noob and aren't sure about something... POST IT HERE!"
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    When someone makes claims about the effectiveness of a technique, the organized structure of a specific wood grain, or acts like a bad ass by making empty promises or invitations of/to violence without provocation or showing they know these things first hand or are at least willing to throw hands they will be questioned by me for as long as they post on these topics with any level of seriousness. Whether they be a noob or a douche nozzle with 6,283 posts.
    Who has done those things? Be specific...innuendo is cowardice.

What does this have to do with the site's policy of not cuddling and consoling noobs again?

Are you important around these parts or something?

Let's see if the monkey follows his own advice, hmm? Until then...

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 5/20/2013 9:55am at .

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 9:56am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you important around these parts or something?

Let's see if the monkey follows his own advice, hmm?

Shut the **** up Rabbit. Your online ego is getting out of hand.

And yes, BFM is a moderator who has been gone a long time. He is far more aware of the dynamics of this website than you are.

You think you have e-weight to throw around. You do not. I am tempted to temp ban you to teach you a lesson, but that would be throwing my e-weight around. Lucky for you, I practice what I preach.

I've said this to you before, and I'll say it again now. You need to empty your cup.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 9:57am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Shut the **** up Rabbit. Your online ego is getting out of hand.

And yes, BFM is a moderator who has been gone a long time. He is far more aware of the dynamics of this website than you are.

You think you have e-weight to throw around. You do not. I am tempted to temp ban you to teach you a lesson, but that would be throwing my e-weight around. Lucky for you, I practice what I preach.

I've said this to you before, and I'll say it again now. You need to empty your cup.
    Maybe he should learn the new rules then.

Maybe you should too.

Maybe you guys need to make up your fucking minds.

All I know is I wasn't the one harassing noobs in the first place, but apparently now I'm being put up as a patsy for it.

Nice try. BFM is right....nothing's changed.

"E-weight???"
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 5/20/2013 10:00am at .

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 10:00am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, and to everyone else, site policy concerning noobs is changing per Phrost's wishes. Those changes are still being hammered out, but they are coming.

:)

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 10:01am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was referring to the actual Newbietown policy, which states:
    I never took that an encouragement to troll no0bs outside of Newbietown...only as a warning NOT to troll them in it.

Not certain "open season" meant literally go hunting.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast