224767 Bullies, 3597 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 30 of 76
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. BackFistMonkey is offline
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar

    Actual Photo

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    8,285

    Posted On:
    5/20/2013 6:44am

    supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

    8
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    The site policy not too long ago was "open season on noobs found outside Newbietown".

    It was always the practice. Whichever noobs survived the process became integrated.
    See, you're wrong Rabbit.

    I can't believe this exact same discussion is still going on. In most cases you shouldn't hassle noobs any more than you would hassle Phrost or Asia or Der or Tranquil for saying the same thing. That's been my policy from day one. There is no trial by fire followed by a free pass. It should be a constant tempering and testing.

    When someone makes claims about the effectiveness of a technique, the organized structure of a specific wood grain, or acts like a bad ass by making empty promises or invitations of/to violence without provocation or showing they know these things first hand or are at least willing to throw hands they will be questioned by me for as long as they post on these topics with any level of seriousness. Whether they be a noob or a douche nozzle with 6,283 posts.

    ... wow that was a horribly written run on sentence and a badly structured paragraph. I feel bad about it, but the point still stands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994
  2. bobyclumsyninja is offline
    bobyclumsyninja's Avatar

    :)

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    7,057

    Posted On:
    5/20/2013 8:05am

    supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

    5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I always took the no0b rule to mean, be polite in Newbietown, (until moved to YMAS/Trollshido). Don't **** on the welcome mat for the site, and all.

    I would hope that no0bs outside of newbietown just get normal treatment.
  3. matthias. is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Oilsjt
    Posts
    88

    Posted On:
    5/20/2013 8:14am


     Style: BJJ & Shooto

    7
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I think i'm a lurker because I pretty much visit this forum everyday but still didn't post much.

    It's just that I don't really think that I have that much to say about Martial Arts because i've only done 3 years of BJJ (some shooto/MMA) and the rest was ninjutsu (jinnenkan for a year untill zendokan/bullshido saved me) and krotty (shotokan) when I was little. So don't really have that much to add to the site, IMHO.

    *typo
  4. jnp is offline
    jnp's Avatar

    Titanium laced beauty

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,230

    Posted On:
    5/20/2013 8:48am

    supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

    6
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthias. View Post
    It's just that I don't really think that I have that much to say about Martial Arts because i've only done 3 years of BJJ (some shooto/MMA) and the rest was ninjutsu (jinnenkan for a year untill zendokan/bullshido saved me) and krotty (shotokan) when I was little. So don't really have that much to add to the site, IMHO.
    Ironically, your humble attitude means you would probably make an excellent poster. See below.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Excellent_o_98148.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	14868
  5. matthias. is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Oilsjt
    Posts
    88

    Posted On:
    5/20/2013 9:37am


     Style: BJJ & Shooto

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Ironically, your humble attitude means you would probably make an excellent poster. See below.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Excellent_o_98148.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	14868
    Don't know to be honored or scared right now. I posted in the Eurothrowdown for cheap hotels and trams. I speak dutch and figured might be easier finding some hotels then when you don't speak dutch.
  6. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,153

    Posted On:
    5/20/2013 9:45am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    See, you're wrong Rabbit.

    I can't believe this exact same discussion is still going on. In most cases you shouldn't hassle noobs any more than you would hassle Phrost or Asia or Der or Tranquil for saying the same thing. That's been my policy from day one. There is no trial by fire followed by a free pass. It should be a constant tempering and testing.
    When were we ever discussing your personal policy or "usuals-vs-newbs"?

    I was referring to the actual Newbietown policy, which states:

    "Introductions, stupid questions, and general noobness. TROLLING THE NOOBS IS A BANNABLE OFFENSE IN THIS FORUM. Of course, if you catch them in the wild, it's open season. So if you're a noob and aren't sure about something... POST IT HERE!"
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    When someone makes claims about the effectiveness of a technique, the organized structure of a specific wood grain, or acts like a bad ass by making empty promises or invitations of/to violence without provocation or showing they know these things first hand or are at least willing to throw hands they will be questioned by me for as long as they post on these topics with any level of seriousness. Whether they be a noob or a douche nozzle with 6,283 posts.
    Who has done those things? Be specific...innuendo is cowardice.

    What does this have to do with the site's policy of not cuddling and consoling noobs again?

    Are you important around these parts or something?

    Let's see if the monkey follows his own advice, hmm? Until then...

    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 5/20/2013 9:55am at .
  7. jnp is offline
    jnp's Avatar

    Titanium laced beauty

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,230

    Posted On:
    5/20/2013 9:56am

    supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

    6
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Are you important around these parts or something?

    Let's see if the monkey follows his own advice, hmm?

    Shut the **** up Rabbit. Your online ego is getting out of hand.

    And yes, BFM is a moderator who has been gone a long time. He is far more aware of the dynamics of this website than you are.

    You think you have e-weight to throw around. You do not. I am tempted to temp ban you to teach you a lesson, but that would be throwing my e-weight around. Lucky for you, I practice what I preach.

    I've said this to you before, and I'll say it again now. You need to empty your cup.
  8. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,153

    Posted On:
    5/20/2013 9:57am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Shut the **** up Rabbit. Your online ego is getting out of hand.

    And yes, BFM is a moderator who has been gone a long time. He is far more aware of the dynamics of this website than you are.

    You think you have e-weight to throw around. You do not. I am tempted to temp ban you to teach you a lesson, but that would be throwing my e-weight around. Lucky for you, I practice what I preach.

    I've said this to you before, and I'll say it again now. You need to empty your cup.
    Maybe he should learn the new rules then.

    Maybe you should too.

    Maybe you guys need to make up your fucking minds.

    All I know is I wasn't the one harassing noobs in the first place, but apparently now I'm being put up as a patsy for it.

    Nice try. BFM is right....nothing's changed.

    "E-weight???"
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 5/20/2013 10:00am at .
  9. jnp is offline
    jnp's Avatar

    Titanium laced beauty

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,230

    Posted On:
    5/20/2013 10:00am

    supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, and to everyone else, site policy concerning noobs is changing per Phrost's wishes. Those changes are still being hammered out, but they are coming.
  10. bobyclumsyninja is offline
    bobyclumsyninja's Avatar

    :)

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    7,057

    Posted On:
    5/20/2013 10:01am

    supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    I was referring to the actual Newbietown policy, which states:
    I never took that an encouragement to troll no0bs outside of Newbietown...only as a warning NOT to troll them in it.

    Not certain "open season" meant literally go hunting.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.