Page 79 of 79 First ... 29697576777879

Style
    Shotokan Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, well everyone is entitled to their opinion. Richard trained me and a few of my guys in 2013 and the training was practical, applicable and most definitely works in my line of business. I have trained in many styles and I know what is bullshit and what isn't. I have trained with the military and also with many masters over the years, Richard's system is very effective and he clearly does know what he is doing regardless to what people are saying. I have had first hand experience and I can't say a bad word about him or his training.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UCN View Post
    Okay, well everyone is entitled to their opinion. Richard trained me and a few of my guys in 2013 and the training was practical, applicable and most definitely works in my line of business. I have trained in many styles and I know what is bullshit and what isn't. I have trained with the military and also with many masters over the years, Richard's system is very effective and he clearly does know what he is doing regardless to what people are saying. I have had first hand experience and I can't say a bad word about him or his training.
    Can you describe your training with him?

Style
    Shotokan Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sure.

He teaches various striking and blocking drills which are very effective and practical. The techniques are very similar to military combat but more practical and fundamental for both private security work and the street. Richard also teaches a bombardment of weapon disarms and pressure point striking, he clearly showed that he knows what he is doing because pressure point striking and weapon disarms are not something you can learn or execute to his level from the net. He demonstrated temporary paralysis strikes as well as making two guys piss themselves which was quite amusing I can tell you. He was very knowledgeable as well as entertaining. His course was one of the best I have encountered outside of the dojo. Did you train with him Permalost?

Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Can you describe your training with him?

Style
    Cross Fit, small arms.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sure.

He teaches various striking and blocking drills which are very effective and practical. The techniques are very similar to military combat but more practical and fundamental for both private security work and the street. Richard also teaches a bombardment of weapon disarms and pressure point striking, he clearly showed that he knows what he is doing because pressure point striking and weapon disarms are not something you can learn or execute to his level from the net. He demonstrated temporary paralysis strikes as well as making two guys piss themselves which was quite amusing I can tell you. He was very knowledgeable as well as entertaining. His course was one of the best I have encountered outside of the dojo. Did you train with him Permalost?
    Reading more than three pages into this thread would suggest otherwise. It was a very comprehensive list of questions offered to Spencer regarding his service and experience and he failed on all counts.
    Ne Obliviscaris

Style
    Shotokan Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovacs View Post
    Reading more than three pages into this thread would suggest otherwise. It was a very comprehensive list of questions offered to Spencer regarding his service and experience and he failed on all counts.
    Well that's debatable. Just because he hasn't responded it doesn't really mean anything. I probably wouldn't respond either with the amount of attacks he has had. Anyway, I was just sharing my opinion Kovacs.

Style
    Cross Fit, small arms.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well that's debatable. Just because he hasn't responded it doesn't really mean anything. I probably wouldn't respond either with the amount of attacks he has had. Anyway, I was just sharing my opinion Kovacs.
    It's not debatable, he was called on his claims and failed to back any of them up. It wasn't an attack either, he was contacted throughout and he failed to respond. It's old news anyway, I doubt you'll get much more on it from here.
    Ne Obliviscaris

Style
    Shotokan Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, thanks anyway.

Style
    Karate
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi UCN

Sorry, been away for a couple of days otherwise would have responded earlier.

I see that you are from North Carolina, Spencer is based in the UK - did he travel to the US to deliver the training or did "your guys" travel to the UK?

I would be interested in how you decided to use Spencer considering that he is the other side of the Atlantic - what made you and your team choose a UK vendor - I'm assuming that the US does have similar types of training vendors who may be a bit more local.

You also mentioned that you trained with a number of masters over the years - which masters are those?

In another post on here you mentioned that Spencer taught preasure point techniques. The whole question around the effectiveness of pressure point strikes has been discussed at length on this site and some of their proponents such as George Dillman are not viewed very highly.

What makes you think that these techniques could be made to use in the real world?

Finally, I believe in the US you have something that I believe is referred to as the "Stolen Valor Act of 2005". Whilst I'm not completely up to date on what it entails I believe that it is to stop people pretending to have military service or awards. Spencer lied about his military service, he claimed to be a Commando (probably the UK equivalent of a Green Beret) -are you happy to have training from someone who claimed to be a Commando and was nothing of the sort?

Thanks
    Last edited by scipio; 9/04/2017 6:38am at . Reason: Punctuation

Style
    Shotokan Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Scipio,

We travelled to Wales in the UK in 2013. We contacted Richard through his website because he was the only one that seemed to do what he did. We had been to Canada to train with Vladimir Vaselliev in Systema, we had trained in Krav Maga as well as other street combat systems. We contacted Richard because his system looked like it had stuff that other systems didn't offer and we were also interested in the combat license instead of just another certificate.

I am very interested in pressure point striking and to be honest I was very impressed with what Richard was teaching and it was very effective as he demonstrated on me and it took me out for quite a while. I will have a look at the other posts in regards to pressure points as it is something that interests me a lot.

I have worked in and around the security industry for years and I have used the techniques that I learnt from Richard while doing bodyguard work and also while being a bouncer in NC. I have my firearms permit here but that is obviously always a last resort in any job. Richard's techniques have made my job much easier in regards to restraint.

Richard didn't lie to us at all about his military experience. I told us that he was in the Royal Logistics Corp and after our due diligence we found that it was true. He never explained that he was a Commando or lied about his military service. He said he was in the Royal Logistics Corps and he was. I think what has happened is that he has pissed someone off on here and it is them that has started twisting the truth about him.

The course was good, the training was good, the way Richard taught was good and the techniques were definitely effective. I have been on many courses and his was one of the better ones and think you all should cut him some slack.

I am going to have a look into some George Dillman stuff now. Thanks Scipio.

Later.

Page 79 of 79 First ... 29697576777879