Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/13/2013 11:24pm

Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IntrepidWeapon View Post
    Knock yourself out. I don't know if she isn't real, however, because friends of mine from Kosovo/DynCorps did end up taking the course and getting screwed over...and I believe she was there. I can double check with him tomorrow if you'd like. I didn't include that with my story or evidence because I have no proof, as it's all word-of-mouth.
    I won't put anything word-of-mouth in the write-up, of course, but I'll take any information I can get.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2013 5:51am

Style: Holiday Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, Sarah Doherty and Sharon Hollingsworth (from the testimonials) had the exact same LinkdIn profiles and, at one point, the exact same photo.

Both of these 'people' were supposed to have experience as private investigators.

Fake testimonial and fake legal department. Outstanding.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    9/14/2013 8:46am

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMatt View Post
    I won't put anything word-of-mouth in the write-up, of course, but I'll take any information I can get.
    Within the write up, it is perfectly fine to include an amount of anecdotal information provided it is in line with the specific topic of evidenced statements and it is with the caveat of "...this is unsubstantiated, but believed to be possible" or "it is our opinion..." or "it is the opinion of.. [whomever] that..."

Just don't make definitive statements which read as fact in such instances, remember we're producing an article designed to not only expose, but stimulate through process in the reader. Where something is believed but as yet unproven, include that caveat.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/14/2013 11:27am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another example would be to present evidence and then say this is also supported by "anecdotal claim" during blah blah blah.

Anecdotes tend to fail because people say "Wing Chun is effective because my bouncer friend uses it at the door." Then they never provide support of the claim

If they produced videos of Chunners winning regularly, then added anecdotal evidence, as RA said identified as such, it is fine.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2013 12:15am

Style: Freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Still attempting to contact Daniel to verify our original conversation regarding "Sarah"'s presence at the course...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2013 2:29am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IntrepidWeapon View Post
    Still attempting to contact Daniel to verify our original conversation regarding "Sarah"'s presence at the course...
    I'm still interested in finding out if she did exist, my feeling is no. Other than a completely false photograph she had very little on-line presence other than a LinkedIn profile that appeared to be false. The company she was supposed to have worked for in the US as an investigator didn't exist. Her profile then disappeared. She had no other online details that I could find. I could be wrong but I think that she was a figment of Spencer's imagination possibly trying to make the ICA look larger than it was.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2013 10:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio View Post
    I'm still interested in finding out if she did exist, my feeling is no. Other than a completely false photograph she had very little on-line presence other than a LinkedIn profile that appeared to be false. The company she was supposed to have worked for in the US as an investigator didn't exist. Her profile then disappeared. She had no other online details that I could find. I could be wrong but I think that she was a figment of Spencer's imagination possibly trying to make the ICA look larger than it was.
    If you look at the e-mail strings I posted, "Sarah" constantly referred to the "finance department", which implied that the ICA was bigger than it appeared. I felt right away that this was just a ploy used as a smoke screen to keep me thinking they were genuinely working to get my deposit back to me, but that the ICA was growing and processing clients. I didn't buy the story, obviously.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2013 11:02am

Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All of the available evidence points to Doherty being a fake. Her LinkedIn page had an obviously fake work history and an obviously fake profile picture. And we never found any trace of her that wasn't directly related to the ICA. We also know from the old MAP thread that Spencer is not above pretending to be other people on the internet. I think it's safe to assume, until we hear some really good evidence to the contrary, that Sarah Doherty does not exist.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2013 12:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I just did a Google image search for the picture that I have of "Sarah Doherty"....
    Arina Antonenko immediately popped up, who is a Russian actress and beauty queen. Haha, wow. Unbelievable.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2013 8:36am

Style: Kyokushinkai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMatt View Post
    All of the available evidence points to Doherty being a fake. Her LinkedIn page had an obviously fake work history and an obviously fake profile picture. And we never found any trace of her that wasn't directly related to the ICA. We also know from the old MAP thread that Spencer is not above pretending to be other people on the internet. I think it's safe to assume, until we hear some really good evidence to the contrary, that Sarah Doherty does not exist.
    Matt there have been guys writing on this topic that would be able to tell you all about
    Doherty and is she is real or not . The 2 guys I am thinking of spent massive time with Richard and one even lived with him for a long time ,And when i took my course he almost run the course and was definitely richards 2ic