Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    5/29/2013 1:27pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is shaping up nicely.

Publicity works both ways.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2013 1:47pm

Style: Holiday Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Richard Spencer, International Combat Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    This is shaping up nicely.

Publicity works both ways.
    I'm surprised Mr Spencer (or the disgruntled "student") hasn't popped into the thread yet to try and talk his way out of it.

Did you have any luck with the Walt Hunters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2013 5:41pm

Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19266807

Just a mention on the BBC news webpage
    Good find. I never found this.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    5/29/2013 6:09pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cake of Doom View Post
    I'm surprised Mr Spencer (or the disgruntled "student") hasn't popped into the thread yet to try and talk his way out of it.

Did you have any luck with the Walt Hunters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    It's in hand, unfortunately I have little control over how long something like this takes.

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2013 3:07am

Style: Holiday Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    It's in hand, unfortunately I have little control over how long something like this takes.
    It's a shame the information on him is so generic. Usually when folks from the service side of the forces list their Corp. or Reg. there is at least a mention of the trade they signed up for but if anyone can find anything; those guys will.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    5/31/2013 7:30am

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thus far, no one is saying they know who Spencer is or have known of his service within the Marines (attached or otherwise), doesn't mean he didn't, just adds more weight to the likelihood that he didn't.

At the end of the day we're talking of less than a three year period all told within the career (if you could call it that) which lasted from enlistment to exit of just four years military service.

A rocket scientist you don't have to be to work out the likely probability, that his online bio is largely erroneous/embellished for the purposes of making his limited military experiences appear more credible than they actually are.

I always try to compare these sorts of people against my own military experiences. I have a number of operational deployments, I was an experienced SNCO infantry soldier, I myself have over two decades of martial arts experience.

I now work as a civilian for a well respected and international (UK based) Risk Management and Security Consultancy who have some serious government contracts who deploy appropriately experienced teams into places like Syria, Afghan, Iraq. Most of those people are ex SF from the UK/US/Australia/New Zealand military. How much of these guy's valuable time do you think is devoted to martial arts, the type of which Spencer sells ? NONE.

Then you look at Spencer with four years of military service, enlisting in a Logistics Corps who then claims to be Army Commando (but clearly doesn't know what an Army Commando qualification badge looks like) Claims to have worked in the PSD community and additionally claims to have seen combat. (He doesn't however hold or held the minimum Government licence according to the SIA website database, to operate in that employment)

He's known to have created more than one martial art/organisation and been publicly evasive when questioned on his publicly available biography.

If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and walks like a duck... It's likely to be a duck.

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2013 8:11am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rock Ape - I think that pretty much sums the man and his career up. I would like to have seen him justify himself on this forum but I suspect that the likelihood of that is not very high.

I don't know what powers SIA has in terms of closing substandard "security" training organisations down. It does appear that the quality of the training offered by Spencer and his organisation is highly questionable.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    5/31/2013 11:32am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If he's not running training specifically to qualify people to work in either manned guarding, door supervision or CP roles then there's little the SIA can do about it.

The SIA are just the licensing body, the organisaion you pay chunks of money too, to obtain a card which provides evidence that you're appropriately trained and registered to conduct one of more aspects of the security industry, this might be anything from key holding, CCTV operation, manning the doors of pubs and clubs to security guarding or close protection.

The SIA serves to filter out people offering dubious qualifications in those areas of employment because they only recognise a specific group of authorised trainers. If Spencer is pitching his martial arts at say the CP world, that wouldn't have any effect on those individuals ability to obtain their CP Qual card from the SIA.

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2013 11:45am

Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rock Ape, what avenues have you used to try to contact Spencer?

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    5/31/2013 1:06pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Email and facebook PM

~Ella Wheeler
Page 7 of 77 FirstFirst ... 34567 8910111757 ... LastLast