Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    7/01/2013 7:18am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMatt View Post
    I said this the last time combatauthority.com went "under construction": it looks like you can still log in with Facebook. Does anyone want to give that a try? I'm pretty sure he'd recognize me, or I'd have tried it already.
    I've tried and got nowhere with it..

Also, all previous domains previously redirecting to the ICA website no longer function.

As you suggest, looks like Linked-in is the only live source at the moment.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/01/2013 8:17am

Style: Holiday Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got nothing from the login either. In regards to your Idea Scipio: I think the problem will be as you mentioned in your post, that is, if we can prove Spencer is trading and taking cash payments for his courses.

I'm hoping more people will come forward with first hand accounts.

Posted On:
    7/01/2013 11:47am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kickboxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My name is Lloydie and I'm the person you can see in the fb and linkedin profiles. Let me give you some background. I was approached by Rich Spenser to join ICA in Dec 2012 and was promised a job if I could find funding for the courses I needed to be trained up on. My parents paid him over 1900 and the Poppy Factory funded another 2900 to get me up to speed. I completed all my courses and was given the title CQC training manager and instructor. Well here's the punch line....I didn't receive any work from ICA for months. Eventually I was given a two week course to train which is the picture you have seen on this thread. I worked my nuts off for two weeks but when it came to paying me I was given every excuse under the sun for reasons why he couldnt. I have disassociated myself from ICA and have reported Spencer to the Poppy Factory. It looks like theres little chance of retrieving the money owed to me but look forward to seeing his sorry face when it all falls apart for him. I have all my certificates etc but looks like their not worth the paper they're written on. If you need any info on Spencer let me know.

Posted On:
    7/01/2013 11:49am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloydie2612 View Post
    I have all my certificates etc but looks like their not worth the paper they're written on. If you need any info on Spencer let me know.
    We would very much appreciate scans of any certificates.

Posted On:
    7/01/2013 12:10pm

Bullshido Newbie

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i can email pictures of the certificates but im not sure how to put them up on here.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    7/01/2013 12:12pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My name is Lloydie and I'm the person you can see in the fb and linkedin profiles. Let me give you some background. I was approached by Rich Spenser to join ICA in Dec 2012 and was promised a job if I could find funding for the courses I needed to be trained up on. My parents paid him over 1900 and the Poppy Factory funded another 2900 to get me up to speed. I completed all my courses and was given the title CQC training manager and instructor. Well here's the punch line....I didn't receive any work from ICA for months. Eventually I was given a two week course to train which is the picture you have seen on this thread. I worked my nuts off for two weeks but when it came to paying me I was given every excuse under the sun for reasons why he couldnt. I have disassociated myself from ICA and have reported Spencer to the Poppy Factory. It looks like theres little chance of retrieving the money owed to me but look forward to seeing his sorry face when it all falls apart for him. I have all my certificates etc but looks like their not worth the paper they're written on. If you need any info on Spencer let me know.
    Hello Mr. Jones,

My name is Dave and I'm one of the staff members. Forgive me if this appears a little curt however, given that your internet footprint continues (or had until very recently) to list yourself as an ICA Staff member, I find it difficult to accept the content of your opening post.

In effect Mr. Jones, why has your internet presence remained, given the disdain toward Spencer and his company, to promote yourself as an employee of the ICA?

That said, welcome to the site and I hope that we're able to share information on Richard Spencer.

I'd appreciate if you'd be kind enough to answer my concerns as your LinkedIn page read up til 11-June-13...

Close Quarter Combat Training Manager and Assistant Instructor

International Combat Authority (ICA)

Nonprofit; 201-500 employees; Security and Investigations industry

January 2013 Present (6 months)

I been involved in the security industry for over seven years including my time in the British Armed Forces. I have an extensive wealth of knowledge within close quarter combat making me a fantastic professional to learn from. ICA has provided me with a range of training from basic self defense to Close Quarter Combat (CQC), Close Protection and Body Guard skills in compliance with UK, EU, US and UN Laws in Defense and Combat.
    Having just visited that page listed for you at:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jones.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	15158

And your Facebook profile on the 15th June 13 read:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LloydieJones.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	15159

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    7/01/2013 12:28pm

Bullshido Newbie

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I completed the course with Spencer about two months ago and was totally oblivious to his misgivings until he refused to pay me. I had no idea that all this was going on and thought I had found myself a legitimate job. When he refused to pay me it rang alarm bells. I had forgotten about my linkedin until I checked my 'other' pm's on facebook today and found your message. I was mortified to hear all this had been going on and wish I had seen this thread before I gave him any money. I had misgivings when I was dealing with him but didn't realize how bad the extent of his cons were. I've now made sure that the linkedin is removed. Like everybody else who has been ripped off by him I feel stupid and misguided but you have to admit he's bloody good at what he does...conning people.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    7/01/2013 12:33pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I completed the course with Spencer about two months ago and was totally oblivious to his misgivings until he refused to pay me. I had no idea that all this was going on and thought I had found myself a legitimate job. When he refused to pay me it rang alarm bells. I had forgotten about my linkedin until I checked my 'other' pm's on facebook today and found your message. I was mortified to hear all this had been going on and wish I had seen this thread before I gave him any money. I had misgivings when I was dealing with him but didn't realize how bad the extent of his cons were. I've now made sure that the linkedin is removed. Like everybody else who has been ripped off by him I feel stupid and misguided but you have to admit he's bloody good at what he does...conning people.
    Thank you for your frank and direct comments, it's appreciated.

Would you be willing to take a call from me later this week at a time of your convenience to discuss a couple of things, no drama or anything, just want to verify a couple of things if that would be ok?

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    7/01/2013 12:37pm

Bullshido Newbie

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No problem any way i can help.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    7/01/2013 1:03pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was approached by Rich Spenser to join ICA in Dec 2012 and was promised a job if I could find funding for the courses I needed to be trained up on.
    Could you elaborate on how you and Spencer first met and how this lead to his offer of a job (beyond the obvious means of him taking money off you first)

My parents paid him over £1900 and the Poppy Factory funded another £2900 to get me up to speed.
    Do you have any documentation to confirm those payments, like a receipt or letters of course confirmation?

I completed all my courses and was given the title CQC training manager and instructor.
    Did you have a contract and sign it? Were you told how much your annual salary would be or was this a contract by contract role?

I didn't receive any work from ICA for months. Eventually I was given a two week course to train which is the picture you have seen on this thread. I worked my nuts off for two weeks but when it came to paying me I was given every excuse under the sun for reasons why he couldnt.
    Were you claiming any form of benefits at the time? I ask, not with the intent of dropping you in the **** with the benefits agency, but to try and offer you a means of recuperating lost earnings, however, this could only realistically be done if you had a physically signed contract with Spencer/ICA

I have disassociated myself from ICA and have reported Spencer to the Poppy Factory.
    Would you consider releasing this information to me and I will attempt to follow-up

I have all my certificates etc but looks like their not worth the paper they're written on. If you need any info on Spencer let me know.
    I would like to see those certificates and if we speak this week I'll provide you with a means of emailing them to me.

~Ella Wheeler