Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/27/2013 8:20pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    Dunno if this guy has been added to the database here, but he is on linkedin as an ICA "CQC Assistant Instructor".

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/andy-bate/54/443/363
    Name:  andy-bate.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  2.4 KB

I'd looked at Andy last week and noticed he'd apparently looked at me looking at him, i,e, has visited my Linkedin page.

As of this post, he's still listing himself as an instructor for the ICA. I can't inmail him without upgrading my account. Anyone capable of pointing him to this thread via your Linkedin account?

Posted On:
    6/27/2013 8:22pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Name:  andy-bate.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  2.4 KB

I'd looked at Andy last week and noticed he'd apparently looked at me looking at him, i,e, has visited my Linkedin page.

As of this post, he's still listing himself as an instructor for the ICA. I can't inmail him without upgrading my account. Anyone capable of pointing him to this thread via your Linkedin account?
    He's checked my Linkedin too...Im guessing he's already aware of this thread...

He requested to link to me..so I did. I'll send him a message.
    Last edited by tgace; 6/27/2013 8:42pm at .

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    6/28/2013 3:24am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does anyone know how many people Spencer has actually taught through the ICA? A rough guesstimate would be enough, are we realistically talking hundreds as alluded on Spencer's pre-edited website or much less than that?

I'm also interested in the funding for these courses through the British Legion. I'd like to correlate how much financial assistance has been offered for such courses and the information used obtain that funding. Can anyone involved with Spencer confirm?

I seem to recall someone suggesting that Spencer had pocketed the funding for one such course and that this payment was from the British Legion, is this correct? Is there any evidence which can substantiate that such as an application form or other documentation from the BL to confirm the assistance?

Thanks
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/28/2013 5:02am

Style: CQC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would say between 80-100 people have been taught by him to my knowledge!

As for the funding I know of four people who have been funded the full course amount to instructor level through the RBL, I was one of them! None of us got to do the ten day course! Spencer also withheld certificates!
    Spencer was passing people that shouldn't have passed - mainly because they worked for large security companies! He was also taking people's licences off them as they were friends with people he had fallen out with!!
    You could speak to civvie street about the funding and course! My caseworker is totally aware of what's happened! All my funding has gone now - I can't get anymore! My certificates mean nothing and i didn't get a job at the end of it all!! I have no idea what to do!! I just want him brought down!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/28/2013 5:31am

Style: Holiday Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quick question for you guys: On the ICA website it is claimed that the ICA operates with UK, US, EN and EU laws for defence and combat; did Richard Spencer ever talk you through the points of law?

I'm asking because he offers a handcuff course that apparently, after the course, the licencee will be compliant with international laws for restraint and powers of arrest and I'd hate for someone to end up in court accused of impersonating a police officer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cuffs.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	15145

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/28/2013 5:33am

Style: Karate

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Richard Spencer - International Combat Authority

80 -100 people. That is interesting.

I don't know if many people saw my post about the invoice from the ICA not having VAT charged on it.

If he has trained 80 people on the basic course at �250 that works out at �28000. He should be registered for and paying VAT.

I�ve just gone onto his website and gone to book one of his basic courses. It takes me to the payment page (which doesn�t appear to be working properly). As you can see from the screen shot there is no charge for VAT.

Name:	PaymentScreen 28th June.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	15146

If he has trained this number of people at the prices quoted on his website then he should be registered for VAT. By not doing so he is defrauding UK Customs and Excise.

I feel an email to Customs and Excise coming on.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/28/2013 5:40am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cake of Doom View Post
    Quick question for you guys: On the ICA website it is claimed that the ICA operates with UK, US, EN and EU laws for defence and combat; did Richard Spencer ever talk you through the points of law?

I'm asking because he offers a handcuff course that apparently, after the course, the licencee will be compliant with international laws for restraint and powers of arrest and I'd hate for someone to end up in court accused of impersonating a police officer.

Name:	cuffs.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	15145
    In the UK unless you were a Police officer or Prison officer you would not be able cuff someone (I think).

It's a few years since I did any training on this or looked at the legal position.

I suspect that if you did this course and tried to use those skills in the UK and were not a Police or Prison officer you might find yourself in a lot of trouble.

Which really brings into question the value of this course.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/28/2013 5:47am

Style: CQC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Spencer has always said he dodged the tax man - he always tried to get cash in hand jobs, giving a discount!
    I don't really understand tax so I never really thought about it or questioned it before!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/28/2013 6:05am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HMRC now contacted

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/28/2013 6:15am

Style: Holiday Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio View Post
    In the UK unless you were a Police officer or Prison officer you would not be able cuff someone (I think).

It's a few years since I did any training on this or looked at the legal position.

I suspect that if you did this course and tried to use those skills in the UK and were not a Police or Prison officer you might find yourself in a lot of trouble.

Which really brings into question the value of this course.
    Whilst civilians can arrest people and use cuffs but you have to 100% clear on the situation or you leave yourself open to a whole lot of hell in a very small hand basket.

The first question would probably be "why are you walking around with a pair of handcuffs?"

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I'm talking about the UK here. I have no idea how this plays out in other countries.