Our Sponsors:

Page 27 of 77 FirstFirst ... 172324252627 2829303137 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    6/15/2013 3:03am

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At this point I think we should consider making contact with BBC Business News to provide them with a follow-up on what we're discovering on Spencer, his business practices and the media contained on his website.

Anyone able to grab some details from this thread and compose an email to the BBC, I'm really busy today otherwise I'd have done it.

The email should contain reference to Bullshido as a consumer advocacy website, this thread (including link)

The ICA website is a business portal where it's selling the products and services of a company for which Spencer is the CEO, the website contains misleading, indeed what 'appears' to be intentionally altered documents for what can only be for the purposes of fooling a prospective customer into believing something which isn't true. There's a legal definition for that behaviour but at this stage I'm going to refrain from using it.

I also think we need to formulate an email to Trading Standards and likewise bring their attention to the information we're discovering.

Do we feel it's too early to do this, should we hang fire and see what else we can turn over ?
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2013 7:27am

Style: Holiday Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    At this point I think we should consider making contact with BBC Business News to provide them with a follow-up on what we're discovering on Spencer, his business practices and the media contained on his website.

Anyone able to grab some details from this thread and compose an email to the BBC, I'm really busy today otherwise I'd have done it.

The email should contain reference to Bullshido as a consumer advocacy website, this thread (including link)

The ICA website is a business portal where it's selling the products and services of a company for which Spencer is the CEO, the website contains misleading, indeed what 'appears' to be intentionally altered documents for what can only be for the purposes of fooling a prospective customer into believing something which isn't true. There's a legal definition for that behaviour but at this stage I'm going to refrain from using it.

I also think we need to formulate an email to Trading Standards and likewise bring their attention to the information we're discovering.

Do we feel it's too early to do this, should we hang fire and see what else we can turn over ?
    I've been wondering whether or not to contact the BBC myself but that was when I wasn't quite sure what he was being accused of. Now we know he is a mega walt and uses deceiving business practices I think It's a good call.

I don't mind running off an email but can't do it till monday when I'm back in the office. Mum-in-law of Doom broke her foot so we're play Florence at the minute.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    6/15/2013 8:13am

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool thanks mate.

At this point all, I'd like to remind everyone not to make ANY ACCUSATIONS. This will become a formal investigative piece for this site and the content of this thread may be forwarded to external sources as we bring whatever we feel is appropriate, to their attention.

DO NOT degrade the hard work and therefore the actual value of the thread's content by taking the easy option of firing a few cheap shots across Richard Spencer's bow just to see if we can get a reaction. I think it's clear that Spencer has no intentions of commenting on this site, Perhaps he learned from his experiences on Martial Arts Planet and doesn't want a repeat of that. That's his call.

It won't stop Bullshido.net from providing a indepth investigation as is possible.

Thanks

~Ella Wheeler

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    6/15/2013 8:26am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19266807

Full article text taken from the BBC News website as featured on the ICA website.

Dealing with unemployment: Retraining workers in Wales
    By Rebecca Wearn
    Business reporter, BBC News, south Wales

Richard Spencer says many of the people he trains end up working in private security.

South Wales is home to a number of government departments - the Passport and Patents offices in Newport, the Land Registry and DVLA in Swansea, not to mention the thousands of people employed in medical and police services.

In west Wales and the Valleys more than 30% of jobs are within the public sector.

Making the move from public to private business - many for the first time - can be intimidating.

Alan Dowler, who works both with Cardiff University and with the E-Academy, which provides IT training for people changing careers, says both businesses and staff had to adapt.

"It's a question of changing attitudes," he says. "Private sector employers round here think that public sector folk don't have the right mindset. And for the workers themselves, they're often demoralised."

Mr Dowler says he knows of an accountancy firm that would not even interview people who had moved out of the public sector as they believed they were not cut out for working with business.

But he adds that the opportunities in Wales are wider than many people imagine.

International work

And that was what we had come to south Wales to see. When we arrived just before 0600 the Gotcha International Academy in Pontyclun was already bustling.

The early morning boot camp was in full swing, as locals got their fitness fix before work. But upstairs, in the gym, former military and police force workers were getting re-trained to work as security personnel.

Richard Spencer from International Security Star Alliance was putting them through their paces.

"We're teaching these guys knife and gun disarmament skills. The guys that come here end up working in private security for the maritime industry or door security on clubs," he says.

"There's work for them all over the world - Dubai, the United States, Australia."

Gotcha has seen more than 80 ex-military or police workers pass through their doors since Christmas and take on positions with private security firms.

The boss, Julian Wilde-Davies, expects the government cuts will mean they see more and more people turning to them.

"When people come they are often very downbeat," he says. "They're worried they don't have a life and it's really hard to sit down and plan a new one."

'Open to anything'

That is the challenge facing Susan Jackson, 60, who worked in a police station in Newport for 22 years.

Even though she has known for some time that she will be out of work by the end of August, she has still not found a job.

"I'm open to anything - I'm happy to retrain," she says. "I think it's my age that's against me, but I'm not ready to hang my boots up yet. I want to work."

Wales is not alone in this trend. Across the UK, areas once renowned for heavy industry and manufacturing moved on to become dependent on government-linked employment.

More than 700,000 of these roles are scheduled to disappear by 2017 and it can only be hoped that support remains for those who have to move on.

~Ella Wheeler

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    6/15/2013 8:31am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's the feature which appears on the ICA website and the written blerb which accompanies it on the webpage of:

http://www.combatauthority.com/#/press/4576879789
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	article.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	200.6 KB 
ID:	15069  

Attached Images  

~Ella Wheeler

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    6/15/2013 8:36am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you compare the text shown on the BBC News website, and the text of the ICA website, you'll notice a discrepancy.

The BBC article reads

Richard Spencer from International Security Star Alliance was putting them through their paces.

"We're teaching these guys knife and gun disarmament skills. The guys that come here end up working in private security for the maritime industry or door security on clubs," he says.

"There's work for them all over the world - Dubai, the United States, Australia."

Gotcha has seen more than 80 ex-military or police workers pass through their doors since Christmas and take on positions with private security firms.
    The ICA article reads

Richard (the ICA CEO and Chief instructor) was putting them through their paces

The international Combat Authority has seen more than two hundred ex-military or police workers pass through their doors since may of 2012 and take on positions with private security companies"
    Big difference in the text which has clearly been intentionally altered for the ICA website.

*IF* the ICA has seen THAT NUMBER of students pass through their doors in such a short period of time, I look forward to seeing HMRC investigate their tax records.

So, rather than the business "Gotcha" in Wales seeing 80 people through their doors, the ICA website now reads they [The ICA] have seen more than 200 through their doors

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2013 8:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good drills. If no one beats me to it, I'll draft an email for the BBC tomorrow and post it here before sending. That way, all the more experienced peeps can look it over and make sure there no turns of phrase that can be misconstrued or devalue the work that has been done.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    6/15/2013 8:42am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You do it mate and please include the alterations on the original BBC article.

Thanks

~Ella Wheeler

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    6/15/2013 8:49am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just to recap.

That's two instances on the Press page of the ICA website where we've discovered intentional alterations to documents which are displayed for the benefit of ICA business.

1. A BBC News article which has has it's text altered before being presented on the ICA website.

2. A USA News paper article which had nothing to do with the ICA, has had it's title changed to appear as if the article was about the ICA, when it was not.

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2013 8:49am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    will do.