Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 7:22am

Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cake of Doom View Post
    Been having a closer look at Spencer's press page when I noticed something that I believe doesn't fit:

Attachment 15045

The headline caught my attention, not for what it professes, but because it looked photoshopped. From the words I can make out from the article, it has something to do with the U.S. Navy and nothing to do with the International Combat Authority or International Combat Alliance.

Would like a second opinion though.

Richard Spencer (Richard S) has been blanking out his surname on the BBC screen shots too.
    I was suspicious of this when I saw it, too, but everything except the headline is very tough to read and there's nothing that stands out enough on the page that I thought we'd be able to find the real thing and prove this was a fake.

I can say, however, that the big empty space to the right of the headline is something that would not have flown in the high school or college newspapers I've been a part of, let alone a real professional newspaper.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 7:26am

Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has anybody found the original article for this picture yet? I'm thinking this is another shop job. Also noticed that these U.S. Marines, Rangers and what-not are wearing the British combat 95 shirts with what appear to be Para wings on the chap in the centre rear row.

Attachment 15046
    Maybe we also might go looking for this "News HD International". I bet it doesn't exist.

EDIT: Googling "news hd international" turns up mostly references to SkyNews. Take a look at SkyNews's graphics overlay format:
    Name:  Skynewshd_graphics.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  22.9 KB

I suspect that SkyNews is where Spencer is getting his Photoshop material here.
    Last edited by OwlMatt; 6/14/2013 7:35am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 7:30am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

International Combat Authority

Has anybody found the original article for this picture yet? I'm thinking this is another shop job. Also noticed that these U.S. Marines, Rangers and what-not are wearing the British combat 95 shirts with what appear to be Para wings on the chap in the centre rear row.

Attachment 15046
    I think as I mentioned in a previous post these guys look a bit old/unfit to be US Marines/Rangers. Not sure who any of them are.

Also interesting thing to note is that some of them appear to have rucksacks and camping gear. Quite why you need these items for a CQC course is beyond me.

I did do a bit a of googlefu a little while ago on this "news" item but couldn't find anything.

Given that Spencer has already posted lies in the "newspaper headline" we can only assume that this photo has been taken completely out of context and photoshopped.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 7:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMatt View Post
    Maybe we also might go looking for this "News HD International". I bet it doesn't exist.
    I've already done a search on this and it doesn't. It is made to look like Sky News.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 8:25am

Style: Holiday Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've found a video of a Richard Spencer doing some "Survival" training for a christian charity. Our Richard spencer has links to this organisation through social media and I think I've spotted him in the video.

In this video and associated text on the page it is claimed that he is ex 29 Commando Reg. Thats Royal Artillery, not RLC.

One of these events could be the source for the shooped out pic but I still haven't found the original image.

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 8:35am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Attachment 15045

Would like a second opinion though.
    There's plenty of red flags in it for anyone who's had to write headers:
    - there's nothing approaching a declarative statement in it (okay, we've got a subject, but no verb or object)
    - the giant dead space on the right
    - the leading (space between lines and words) of the two lines is too big (which means he's trying too hard to fill the top-to-bottom space)

There's no way this is legit, unless the editor (and several people down the line) were asleep at the switch.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 8:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    There's plenty of red flags in it for anyone who's had to write headers:
    - there's nothing approaching a declarative statement in it (okay, we've got a subject, but no verb or object)
    - the giant dead space on the right
    - the leading (space between lines and words) of the two lines is too big (which means he's trying too hard to fill the top-to-bottom space)

There's no way this is legit, unless the editor (and several people down the line) were asleep at the switch.
    As well as this you can make out the content underneath, it relates to the USS Kitty Hawk and US naval families. It has NOTHING to do with Spencer and the ICA.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 8:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've found a video of a Richard Spencer doing some "Survival" training for a christian charity. Our Richard spencer has links to this organisation through social media and I think I've spotted him in the video.

In this video and associated text on the page it is claimed that he is ex 29 Commando Reg. Thats Royal Artillery, not RLC.

One of these events could be the source for the shooped out pic but I still haven't found the original image.
    Do you know who the charity is? I'll do some digging and see if I can reference anyone in any photos/videos.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 8:55am

Style: Holiday Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The charity is the Manchester branch of Victory Outreach. Their website is a little spartan when it comes to pictures I'm afraid.

http://www.victoryoutreachmanchester.org/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2013 8:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The charity is the Manchester branch of Victory Outreach. Their website is a little spartan when it comes to pictures I'm afraid.

http://www.victoryoutreachmanchester.org/
    OK - thanks, I'll see what I can find