Page 22 of 77 FirstFirst ... 121819202122 232425263272 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    6/12/2013 6:57am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just in case the employees section changes here's the page captured as of today
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	staff.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	15014  

"To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/12/2013 7:31am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    I'll be speaking with HMRC today at some point just to direct them at the information.

I doubt there's much they can physically (or want to do) providing Spencer's company is actually complying with UK tax laws (irrespective of how much of a deception Spencer tries) with the actual number of "employees" he claims he has on other websites.
    It is worth pointing out that they don't have to submit accounts until next year as they are a relatively new company.

It does seem that they have done business as they have training all those US LEO's, Rangers and Marines (as mentioned in their website) so we can assume that money has been flowing both in and out of their business account.

I'm sure they will be filling full accounts next year.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/12/2013 8:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

International Combat Authority - Sharon Hollingsworth

Just an update - looks like Hollingsworth's LinkedIn profile has been edited - no reference to any previous work history (other than G4S) or even her name on the front page (got it through search). Also no mention if the ICA....

Which again in my mind would suggest that she is a figment of someone's imagination or if she does exist has been reading this thread and has distanced herself from the ICA

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hollingsworth12thJuneLinked.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	15015

Posted On:
    6/12/2013 8:24am

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Thats the kick mate. There IS NO licensing authority in British Law or Government Office to learn/teach/practice CQB/CQC skills as offered by the ICA.

To claim that there needs to be a specific authority such as the ICA is nothing more than a money making scam on their part.
    What is the story with SIA licensing over there Rock? Who issues those licenses and what do you have to do to get one?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/12/2013 8:49am

Style: aikido

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio View Post
    Something else I have just noticed that strikes me as a discrepancy in the ICA.

From the ICA LinkedIn page they claim that they are a non-profit organisation which was founded in 2005.

Attachment 15010

However, I checked both Spencers companies listed on the ICA website against the Companies House on line checker (for those of you outside the UK - all UK limited Companies have to be registered with Companies house which is the UK company licensing authority).

Most interesting. It appears that that both his companies were formed in Sept/Oct 2012 not 2005 as the LinkedIn page suggests.

Attachment 15011

Attachment 15012
    This seems to be a recurring phenomenon. Xa-Ryu's founding date was listed as 2005, and when it was replaced by Kongo Sento Bujitsu, that too claimed to have been founded in 2005.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/12/2013 9:27am

Style: Holiday Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So he has a bit of a gap to fill then between leaving the Army and founding the company if the 2005 dates are dodgy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/12/2013 9:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

International Combat Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Cake of Doom View Post
    Here is what the professionals think of the Security Industry United (SIU), another logo Richard Spencer is using to try and legitimize his business with.

Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3

He should change his url to fail&desperation. com
    Interesting organization is the SIU. Checked with companies house - there are two companies with that name - one closed down with companies house recommending being struck off as no accounts filed, and a second live one set up in the same location with accounts due next year.

Looks like they failed to to submit accounts, closed themselves down and then opened a new company in the same name to get round it.

I know this investigation is not focused on the SIU but why the hell the ICA is associating themselves with God only knows.

Spencer - if you are reading this - and I'm sure you are - do you really WANT to be associated with this kind of organization??

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    6/12/2013 11:26am

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    What is the story with SIA licensing over there Rock? Who issues those licenses and what do you have to do to get one?
    The SIA was set up just prior to the introduction of the Private Security Industry Act 2001, it's essentially a branch of Government reporting to the Home Secretary.

The SIA issue licences following confirmation from their recognised source of trainers that the appropriate training and testing processes have been carried out in any of the given disciplines which a licence is required, for example within the CP Sector or, as a frontline Security Officer. Highfield is one such training provider.

Once the training has been completed, an application for the appropriate licence is made and once the fee is paid, the licence is issued (subject to some due diligence)

If you wish to work on the door of a local bar or nightclub you would seek a "Door Supervisor" course from an SIA recognised trainer. Within that course there is an additional module for "Physical Intervention" which must also be completed before a licence will be issued.

Nothing with the ICA or Richard Spencer offers on his website will have any influence on someone's ability to obtain the legal standard licence to work in any of the sectors Spencer pitches too.

The SIA won't care who the ICA is or the services they apparently offer because:

1. Their training isn't considered a requirement for licensing
    2. There's no need for a "Governing body" for CQB/CQC because laws already exist which cover the use of "reasonable force" and legal defence for self protection.

"CQB/CQC" is just a modern sounding way of saying unarmed combat (if that's what those terms are used for. For me as a former British Infantry Soldier, when I engaged in CQB/CQC training for operations, this actually referred to very close range marksmanship (not hand to hand combat) and OBUA - Operations in Built Up Areas (including building clearance etc.)

The term CQB/CQC will naturally mean different things to different people depending on what sector they work. I know operators in the middle east right now who've never done a days H2H in their lives, nor do they really need to.

Range time, anti-ambush drills, communications, surveillance techniques, defensive and evasive driving & counter IED techniques and more are essential bread and butter skill sets for those within the CP/PSD communities. I note that Spencer and his company don't provide any of those.

I wonder if Spencer really understands the complexities of the term "life support" when working within the CP/PSD sector because if he did, he'd realise there a lot more money and credibility providing services to support that, than the crud offered by the ICA based on a martial art he created because, that's ultimately where this all stems from.

Xa-Ryu.. Which Spencer appears to have awarded himself an 8th degree blackbelt

Kongo Sento Bujutsu... Where he referred to himself as "Soke"

ICA CQB/CQC... Where he now refers to himself as the Chief Instructor

These are all self created incarnations of the same thing.

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/12/2013 9:22pm

Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape
    For me as a former British Infantry Soldier, when I engaged in CQB/CQC training for operations, this actually referred to very close range marksmanship (not hand to hand combat) and OBUA - Operations in Built Up Areas (including building clearance etc.)
    This is why I was asking the question earlier about the term CQC/CQB. Spencer claims to have taught this stuff to the military, but he doesn't even seem to know what the term means in a military context.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    6/13/2013 12:01pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hopefully we might see more of this...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	offline.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	15031  

~Ella Wheeler