Our Sponsors:

Page 20 of 77 FirstFirst ... 101617181920 212223243070 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/11/2013 10:43am

Style: Holiday Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Result #2 from Highfield then. I'd love to know how satisfaction is 100% guaranteed, when Mr spencer can't even guarantee that he is qualified to run these courses.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    6/11/2013 11:18am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cake of Doom View Post
    Result #2 from Highfield then. I'd love to know how satisfaction is 100% guaranteed, when Mr spencer can't even guarantee that he is qualified to run these courses.
    Well, you've hit the all important question.

From this site's perspective, as a consumer advocacy resource, the message is very clear and simple... buyer beware.

I think that between MAP and here, we've illustrated some key aspects which are highly questionable regarding Mr. Spencer's credibility, because Mr. Spencer remains silent we'll never know the full facts or understand what he expected to achieve given the inaccuracies and or ambiguous nature of information he himself has presented in the public domain throughout the internet, most of which has been captured in this thread.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    6/11/2013 11:52am

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another ICA "employee" claiming Brit Military experience.

Lloyd Jones:

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/lloyd-jones/63/25a/601

Close Quarter Combat Training Manager and Assistant Instructor

International Combat Authority (ICA)

Nonprofit; 201-500 employees; Security and Investigations industry

January 2013 Present (6 months)

I been involved in the security industry for over seven years including my time in the British Armed Forces. I have an extensive wealth of knowledge within close quarter combat making me a fantastic professional to learn from. ICA has provided me with a range of training from basic self defense to Close Quarter Combat (CQC), Close Protection and Body Guard skills in compliance with UK, EU, US and UN Laws in Defense and Combat.

Royal Artillery

British Army

Government Agency; 10,001+ employees; Military industry

September 2004 August 2012 (8 years) England, Northern Ireland, Afghanistan, Iraq, Kenya Cyprus, Oman, Qatar

During my time with the Royal Artillery I served in Afghanistan and Iraq as part of an FST (Fire Support Team) which utilized my communication skills to control all battle field assets. I worked as part of a team and acquired advanced military and combat skills.

Posted On:
    6/11/2013 11:57am

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    6/11/2013 12:18pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The hubris is incredible: "There is no competition as we are the governing body for the industry."

The governing body? Incredible.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/11/2013 12:42pm

Style: Karate

Hell yeah! Hell no!

International Combat Authority

Interesting about Highfield. Both myself and OwlMat contacted them. I got a reply this morning as follows. Bit cryptic but it appears they have spoken to the ICA and told them to stop using their logo.

Screen shot below - sorry if it's a bit crappy - not using my normal laptop.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Highfield.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	15007

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/11/2013 1:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Richard Spencer did a good job in distancing himself from the International Star Security Alliance/Iraq Star Security Alliance and anyother names they now trade by but he didn't get his own house in order.

Anybody (real people at least) listed on his website will now have a stigma of being guilty by association. That doesn't look good for anyone who may want to move on in the industry.

@scipio: Did you ask for further details on the ICA? If not, that is a very strange reply.

Quote Originally Posted by tgace
    LOL @ web funding for the Governing body for the industry

I don't think hubris quite sums up intentionaly trying to mislead people into thinking that they cannot get this service legitimately anywhere else.
    Last edited by Cake of Doom; 6/11/2013 1:56pm at . Reason: Clunky keyboard

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/11/2013 2:30pm

Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just heard back from Highfield. Same thing they told Scipio; they can't tell me anything because of confidentiality. Not sure whose confidentiality they're protecting, though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/11/2013 2:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In regards to other logos in use: I noticed a thread on Close Protection World concerning the Security Industry United but my lurk licence has expired and I have no reason to register there. Could someone who already has an account/works in the industry check it out for e please?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/11/2013 3:29pm

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cake of Doom View Post
    Richard Spencer did a good job in distancing himself from the International Star Security Alliance/Iraq Star Security Alliance and anyother names they now trade by but he didn't get his own house in order.

Anybody (real people at least) listed on his website will now have a stigma of being guilty by association. That doesn't look good for anyone who may want to move on in the industry.

@scipio: Did you ask for further details on the ICA? If not, that is a very strange reply.

LOL @ web funding for the Governing body for the industry

I don't think hubris quite sums up intentionaly trying to mislead people into thinking that they cannot get this service legitimately anywhere else.
    That was pretty much it. I can only assume that for whatever reason they decided to distance themselves from the ICA.

What is interesting is that it appears that with Highfield that you pay a fee to be accredited with them as a training provider and I assume that there is some kind of vetting. I can only assume that either the ICA were never accredited with them in the first place or (possibly due to the Bullshido investigation) they decided that they failed to meet the standard of one of their suppliers.