228373 Bullies, 4168 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 61 to 70 of 77
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. vaquero de las nalgas is offline
    vaquero de las nalgas's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    PHX or thereabouts
    Posts
    844

    Posted On:
    5/23/2013 3:34am


     Style: Hsing I, Bagua, Chi kung

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not really.

    Old school practitioners threw hard blocks and kicks. They rolled or cartwheeled out of joint locks. In some aspects, very much more like karate.

    The newer material being taught has more to do with unbalancing the uke rather than beating the living snot out of him.
  2. JeanYves72 is offline
    JeanYves72's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    159

    Posted On:
    5/23/2013 3:34am


     Style: Bujinkan

    -5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not interested in trying to reason with the unreasonable. I do read you know and people here have their own preconceived notions they are so attached to. :) To give a 'compelling argument' is to care about what others think and thus 'prove myself'. Simple logic. Why is what you think about anything important enough to me to have to try and change your opinion of it? LOL I am amusing myself at the moment in lovely Vienna, Austria and am killing time before I go out. Otherwise I would not even bother playing with the egomaniacs here. Have another half hour to kill so hopefully you or some others will keep me amused until then. Then wait another couple of weeks to see if I get messages from people here thinking they actually matter. PMSL
  3. JeanYves72 is offline
    JeanYves72's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    159

    Posted On:
    5/23/2013 3:40am


     Style: Bujinkan

    -4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    JeanYves72, if you want to have a rant about how you feel you have been wronged by the people here in bullshido.net, please start a new thread. This thread is about engaging in extreme durations of randori, and just how viable/useful that is. Now, it's not in the technique forum, so a bit of thread drift/banter is OK, but full on changing the subject is just rude.

    This thread is not about you. If you want to talk about yourself, please do so somewhere else.
    From what I have read in the comments it's about taking the piss out of the style. :) And I did reply about that fact. LOL
  4. traversnz is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    77

    Posted On:
    5/23/2013 3:47am


     Style: Judo, Muay Thai

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yves, I think you misunderstand me (and perhaps some other posters - I don't want to speak for them because I probably misunderstand them too).
    That could be my fault for not making myself clear. (I'll let concensus decide). Please forget about the noise, and concentrate on this post. The points I want to make are:
    1/ I have martial arts experience.
    2/ I am wanting to learn more to better myself.
    3/ You have different experiences and ideas than I do (including striking experience that I lack).
    4/ I'm old enough and wise enough to know that I am not always right.
    5/ I am looking at improving myself.
    6/ I believe if I meet new people and expose myself to new ideas / opinions, I will learn something. (This is the other key point about his forum).

    Do you want to meet up and go over this or not?

    There will be people that interpret this post as a challenge (you may be one of them). I ask that you view this post as a request to share ideas and experiences. What do you say?

    Cheers (Will set up new thread if required in order not to derail this thread)
    Last edited by traversnz; 5/23/2013 3:49am at . Reason: fuck it - I speak english -why can'tI spell?
  5. JeanYves72 is offline
    JeanYves72's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    159

    Posted On:
    5/23/2013 3:56am


     Style: Bujinkan

    -4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmm...considering where this thread is placed I find that it is all about taking the piss out of it. Only seen a couple actually discuss rather than take the piss out of something they have obviously no desire to know about and thus show their ignorance and ego so proudly. LOL

    I actually have a love for Aikido and it's philosophy even though I fail badly in its practice of it. What style do you study may I ask?

    I actually am here for the same reasons but see no desire to try and prove others wrong if I disagree with what they say as it is their opinion. Just find it pathetic that people will knock a style to be part of a group or because they have no desire to learn about it. :)
  6. traversnz is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    77

    Posted On:
    5/23/2013 5:47am


     Style: Judo, Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanYves72 View Post
    Hmmm...considering where this thread is placed I find that it is all about taking the piss out of it. Only seen a couple actually discuss rather than take the piss out of something they have obviously no desire to know about and thus show their ignorance and ego so proudly. LOL

    I actually have a love for Aikido and it's philosophy even though I fail badly in its practice of it. What style do you study may I ask?

    I actually am here for the same reasons but see no desire to try and prove others wrong if I disagree with what they say as it is their opinion. Just find it pathetic that people will knock a style to be part of a group or because they have no desire to learn about it. :)
    Hi Yves, I'll open a new thread so we can discuss further ( I'll leave in the same forum , but call it something like "TMA - challenging the beliefs" or something similar. There are a number of members who have a TMA background that I would love to hear and learn from. As a group the immediate question is: "do ou want to meet up and test your ideas?".
    Cheers
  7. baby_cart is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    370

    Posted On:
    5/23/2013 1:10pm


     Style: xBJJ xTKD ninpo nusubito

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BJMills View Post
    So...

    In your mind that represents good training? Seriously, what was good about that?
    hmm? was that question directed to me? I never said that clip shows good training, did I?

    there's another old school clip though, it shows somebody training their kikaku-ken/forehead by bashing it against a rock, with blood dripping down their noses. Seriously, aside from ninjas being mammals, how cool is that ****?!
  8. BJMills is online now

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    457

    Posted On:
    5/23/2013 1:18pm


     Style: Muay Thai/Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_cart View Post
    hmm? was that question directed to me? I never said that clip shows good training, did I?

    there's another old school clip though, it shows somebody training their kikaku-ken/forehead by bashing it against a rock, with blood dripping down their noses. Seriously, aside from ninjas being mammals, how cool is that ****?!
    Two words: stage makeup.

    I've seen the clip. Clearly the guy's forehead is not actually bleeding.

    Also, your earlier post implied there was something better about old school buj training and you used that clip as an example, are you now saying old school buj is bad as well?
    Last edited by BJMills; 5/23/2013 1:22pm at .
  9. baby_cart is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    370

    Posted On:
    5/23/2013 1:25pm


     Style: xBJJ xTKD ninpo nusubito

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BJMills View Post
    Two words: stage makeup.

    I've seen the clip. Clearly the guy's forehead is not actually bleeding.
    but the flies were real!! LOL!

    Quote Originally Posted by BJMills View Post
    Also, your earlier post implied there was something better about old school buj training and you used that clip as an example, are you now saying old school buj is bad as well?
    ??

    was it me or was it him?
    Quote Originally Posted by vaquero de las nalgas View Post
    Compared to most Bujinkan in the U.S.

    Yossi Sheriff trained under Doron Navon and Moti Nativ.

    They train like old school Bujinkan. Which you hardly see in the United States, though some instructors still do full bore.
  10. Permalost is offline
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,588

    Posted On:
    5/23/2013 1:38pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jean, you're bitching and complaining more than anyone else here.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.