Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 2:40am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMatt View Post
    We've all seen MUCH worse from ninjutsu guys than this, and frankly that looks like a lot of fun.
    Yes, playfighting is fun. That doesn't make it effective training.

Quote Originally Posted by OwlMatt View Post
    ...there are much better targets for our hate IMO.
    We have an infinite amount of hate. Why pick.

Besides, as some already stated, this is a tad better than average Booj but it's still ****.

Ask yourself, if you pick a random handful of those fucks and put them in a real gym, how would they fare? Exactly

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 5:19am

Style: aikido

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Yes, playfighting is fun. That doesn't make it effective training.

We have an infinite amount of hate. Why pick.

Besides, as some already stated, this is a tad better than average Booj but it's still ****.

Ask yourself, if you pick a random handful of those fucks and put them in a real gym, how would they fare? Exactly
    I wrote an entire paragraph in response to this about how there's nothing wrong with stylized, traditional training as long as the people involved don't have delusions about what they're doing. I don't really have a problem with people training stuff that couldn't be used in a "real gym" so long as they don't claim to be real fighters.

But before I clicked "Post Quick Reply", I noticed these guys' web site claims they offer "realistic full contact training". If this is their idea of realistic full-contact training, then LOL. Hate away and I will hate along with you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 11:56am

Style: Standup, Ground-fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It doesn't matter what they were doing; nothing you can keep up for twenty-four hours is good training for a brief, intense fight.

On an unrelated note, I need to go now to run a super marathon in order to prepare for my sprinting competition next week.

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 12:06pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Resonance10 View Post
    Whats with the leg humping at 3.30ish?
    They are just not very good at standup grappling. Nowhere near decent black belt level in Judo at least.

They do appear to be trying to do some sort of randori, though, which is a good thing. It's just the underlying skill level is not very high.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 12:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    for reasons that i don't want to get into right now, i have started taking my sensei's jujutsu and aikido classes in addition to judo.

jujutsu and aikido randori are very different from judo randori, and i don't think it's fair to say that judo randori is "correct" and the others are "wrong" (not that you did, but it seems that there is a feeling that these ninjers are doing randori wrong.)

randori is a japanese term, and the term has different specific meanings in different arts. sort of like how different arts "warm up" in different ways but one warm up is not more correct than the other, perhaps each warmup is more appropriate to the art at hand. i'm pretty sure that my japanese sensei is familiar with the term randori, and uses it appropriately in each art he teaches.

now, don't get me wrong, i don't think these ninjers are doing productive training, or studying a good art or any of that. i just get really pedantic about japanese terminology, in case no one noticed yet.
    I think it's good to be accurate in using the term "randori" or any other language/culture specific terms, so thanks for the info.

I think my second post is a bit more accurate. They are doing some form of randori, but the underlying skill level is not very high.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 12:34pm

Style: Out of Practice

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing-Kwan-Fu View Post
    It doesn't matter what they were doing; nothing you can keep up for twenty-four hours is good training for a brief, intense fight.

On an unrelated note, I need to go now to run a super marathon in order to prepare for my sprinting competition next week.
    Would it be safe to presume you didn't see the link to the 24 hour "LockIn" vid that wrestling club did? Because that looked like excellent wrestling prep, both physically and psychologically. And collegiate wrestling usually isn't very drawn-out. . .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 3:13pm

Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eudemic View Post
    Would it be safe to presume you didn't see the link to the 24 hour "LockIn" vid that wrestling club did? Because that looked like excellent wrestling prep, both physically and psychologically. And collegiate wrestling usually isn't very drawn-out. . .
    I think the wrestlers were doing one exercise per hour, no? It seemed that way at least. Which would mean that they were punctuating intense bursts of training with sufficient rest inbetween.
    Compare that to the ninjers, who claim to be in constant randori, interrupted only for five minutes an hour. Anything that you can keep up that consistently for twenty four hours in periods of fifty five minutes can't be much higher than yoga on the scale of intensity.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 3:24pm

Style: Out of Practice

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gluckmann View Post
    I think the wrestlers were doing one exercise per hour, no? It seemed that way at least. Which would mean that they were punctuating intense bursts of training with sufficient rest inbetween.
    Compare that to the ninjers, who claim to be in constant randori, interrupted only for five minutes an hour. Anything that you can keep up that consistently for twenty four hours in periods of fifty five minutes can't be much higher than yoga on the scale of intensity.
    I'm not in a position to say for sure, but my impression was that the wrestlers didn't really have definite rest periods; rather, they were being instructed to push themselves as hard as they could and then eat/drink/catch their breath as they needed it.

I agree with what you're saying about the intensity, though. The ninjer randori couldn't have been too challenging at any given time with that commitment to constant activity.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2013 7:54pm

Style: Hsing I, Bagua, Chi kung

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    But compared to what?
    Compared to most Bujinkan in the U.S.

Yossi Sheriff trained under Doron Navon and Moti Nativ.

They train like old school Bujinkan. Which you hardly see in the United States, though some instructors still do full bore.
    Last edited by vaquero de las nalgas; 5/21/2013 8:00pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2013 9:48am

Style: Muay Thai/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vaquero de las nalgas View Post
    Compared to most Bujinkan in the U.S.

Yossi Sheriff trained under Doron Navon and Moti Nativ.

They train like old school Bujinkan. Which you hardly see in the United States, though some instructors still do full bore.
    What exactly is old school Bujinkan? And how is it more legitimate as a system? I find it hard to believe they didn't have the silly stances and unholy focus on wrist locks, but correct me if I'm wrong.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 5678 LastLast