Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/17/2013 8:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Are you suggesting the hey look over there kick to the balls doesn't work!?
    I'm looking away from my monitor.

Still looking away.

Still at it.

Still...

Aaaaaaaaannnnnd nope. No sack-kick from goodlun.

Conclusion: **** doesn't work.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    5/17/2013 10:16pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    5/17/2013 11:18pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bullies taught me to fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 10:30am

Style: sambo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My grandmother taught me.

No, I am not joking. My father was a wrestler, so he made sure I had the physical attributes required to fight. So by the time I was six I could do a couple of pull ups, lots of push ups (he told me he'd get me a dog if I could do 100 push ups) etc. So I was pretty strong for my age, I was also just starting Sambo. But because of this, I was afraid to hit the other kids. I thought that since they are so little and fragile I would hurt them too badly. I was beaten mercilessly just about every day and I wouldn't fight back.

Well, one day, my grandmother came down for the summer and she saw some kid punch me in the face and take my bike and I just walked away. So, she called me over and had a chat with me. She said I can't let people treat me like this and I have to hit them back. I tried telling her that I would probably hurt them, but she said that it's not my job to worry about that, and besides I wasn't Hercules so she was sure they'd be fine and not to be so full of myself. That made sense to me at my wise 6 years of age. So I went back to the playground.

The next thing my grandmother heard was cries for help and screaming children. I went to the playground and I just started laying into everyone who has ever hit me with everything I had. She ran out there and stopped me in a panic. She asked what the heck was wrong with me, and that she only told me to hit back IF someone hits me. So I said, maybe not today, but this one hit me on Tuesday, that one Monday and this one the week before etc. So he had to clarify that "hit them back" means only to directly defend yourself.

But what I really took away from that exercise is that I really can lay into somebody as hard as I can it they'll be just fine in the long run. So that was my version of getting cured of the notion that my punches would be too deadly for real use and that humans weren't made of glass.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234