Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41011121314 15 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/17/2013 7:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Got my first billy club the other day. It's just a wooden tire thumper that I'm going to put an umbrella cover over so police officers won't feel threatened when I walk over to assault them. I'm also trying to get it to ricochet off of hard surfaces like Daredevil does, but so far I've only succeeded in breaking a lot of porcelain.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/18/2013 3:02pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Finally got my fish bat in the mail. It's made out of polypropylene, supposedly the Adamantium of plastic, and is supposed to be used for clubbing tuna and baby seals. I'm going to put it to the test in the pumpkin patch this weekend.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/21/2013 3:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fish bat hits like a sledge. Those farmers were pissed.

Just a quick question for people who go to comic conventions: Is it alright if I wear a gimp suit and carry a live machete? If not, I'll save that for Halloween. I'll use my rabbit costume as back up:

Posted On:
    10/21/2013 9:07pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can't say I collect anything. I think I have a certain disdain for collections. When I was young I used to save everything and collect all kinds of ****, now I see it as a waste. Collections eat up space, time, and money. None of which I have to spare. I see them as an addiction, you get a new piece and you adore it for a short time then the feeling is gone and it's on to the next one. I see it as consumerism and a bit materialistic.

Now that I sound like a "holier than thou" prick in a thread where everyone is talking about all their **** i'll completely contradict myself. My thoughts on collecting are what they mean to me personally, if I collected a bunch of Barbie memorabilia to me it would be shallow and a waste. If other people want to collect **** fine, I have several friends with some impressive collections that I enjoy looking at, I also see the sacrifices they make to maintain them. I'll also add that not all collections are materialistic, if you build your own **** (knives, models, pottery whatever) I consider that art and that's a little different. The same goes for things you use, I have a bunch of knives, one or two of them are moderately nice but I carry them around. The same goes for escrima sticks, I have a bunch but I use them all in some form. I'm thinking of collections as stuff you buy that sits on a shelf that isn't used.

For some a collection is an investment that can be liquidated when the need arises, so I can see the benefit in that too. But I don't get the collecting of useless ****, that has no value. What do you assholes think of that?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/22/2013 9:20am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jspeedy View Post
    Can't say I collect anything. I think I have a certain disdain for collections. When I was young I used to save everything and collect all kinds of ****, now I see it as a waste. Collections eat up space, time, and money. None of which I have to spare. I see them as an addiction, you get a new piece and you adore it for a short time then the feeling is gone and it's on to the next one. I see it as consumerism and a bit materialistic.

Now that I sound like a "holier than thou" prick in a thread where everyone is talking about all their **** i'll completely contradict myself. My thoughts on collecting are what they mean to me personally, if I collected a bunch of Barbie memorabilia to me it would be shallow and a waste. If other people want to collect **** fine, I have several friends with some impressive collections that I enjoy looking at, I also see the sacrifices they make to maintain them. I'll also add that not all collections are materialistic, if you build your own **** (knives, models, pottery whatever) I consider that art and that's a little different. The same goes for things you use, I have a bunch of knives, one or two of them are moderately nice but I carry them around. The same goes for escrima sticks, I have a bunch but I use them all in some form. I'm thinking of collections as stuff you buy that sits on a shelf that isn't used.

For some a collection is an investment that can be liquidated when the need arises, so I can see the benefit in that too. But I don't get the collecting of useless ****, that has no value. What do you assholes think of that?
    I just collected your post.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    10/22/2013 11:16am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Finally got my fish bat in the mail. It's made out of polypropylene, supposedly the Adamantium of plastic, and is supposed to be used for clubbing tuna and baby seals. I'm going to put it to the test in the pumpkin patch this weekend.
    A tire thumper's also a great truncheon. I got one at a truck stop on a road trip.

Posted On:
    10/22/2013 2:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Collections eat up space, time, and money.
    So, by refusing to collect things, you're collecting space, time and money.

You incorrigible collector.

PS: Holy Moment, why not try your new acquisition on doof's harem (post # 137)?

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/22/2013 5:48pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I collect, but I have a reason.
    It's called hair splitting and it is funny.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/22/2013 9:12pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A tire thumper's also a great truncheon. I got one at a truck stop on a road trip.
    Yeah, I mentioned that I bought one of those already. Beat an old lady in the thigh with it.

Pigs are tough, you need more than a plastic stick
    I know animal skulls are tough, even though my bat is designed to beat tuna to death:

I figure mammals are probably tougher, though. I'd be satisfied with just lowering their quality of life, as long as they don't fight back too hard. Joe Frazier got his arm broken by a hog when he was a kid. His left arm healed wrong, leaving it permanently cocked for the hook.

Here's Tom Green trying to break a cow skull:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/4bf...t-model-making

Posted On:
    10/23/2013 12:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    Pigs are tough, you need more than a plastic stick

I used a sledge hammer before I got the .22
    A .22 for pigs?