Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/29/2013 8:45am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    This is a true thing, Katje bought me some sort of crazy limited edition F1-branded electric razor for my birthday one year and there's always stubble when I use it.
    You know what'll happen, don't you?

Some total jerk will give Katje the brilliant idea of drugging your next beverage. When you wake up, you'll be bound hand and foot, gagged to prevent complaints or screams, and immersed in a bathtub full of depilatory.

Be patient. She'll let you out in a few hours.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2013 9:33am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
    Why don't you guys use an electric shaver then? Faster and you don't get cut with them.
    Because wet shaving is awesome. I have not graduated to the full straight yet, just a double edge but its way better then any other shave I got with cartridges or an electric. Plus its actually an enjoyable experiance as opposed to face torture.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2013 1:03pm

Style: Escrima n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    You know what'll happen, don't you?

Some total jerk will give Katje the brilliant idea of drugging your next beverage. When you wake up, you'll be bound hand and foot, gagged to prevent complaints or screams, and immersed in a bathtub full of depilatory.

Be patient. She'll let you out in a few hours.
    I certainly hope nobody gives me such an idea! That would be most....... unfortunate......

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2013 2:36pm

Style: Holiday Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hobbies and other things you collect

Quote Originally Posted by Katje View Post
    I certainly hope nobody gives me such an idea! That would be most....... unfortunate......
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369856189.318608.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  64.2 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/20/2013 4:35pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, I only showed my Bandai Godakins. The next group is more recent. Robotech was great, but like with many Japanese shows we rarely saw the toys where I lived. I mean I did have, but not saved, some of the plastic Shogun Warriors. The plastic was crap and we played and destroyed them.

So, much later Robotech appeared. One of my favorite cartoons to this day. Main characters died in this show, people got hurt, and there were GIANT ROBOTS. So, after years of collecting other robots, the Robotech Masterpiece Collection was started:

I purchased the original 5:

Rick Hunter:

Ben Dixon:

Roy Fokker

Max Sterling

Millia

This is the last one I purchased and it wasn't part of the original solicits:
    Last edited by It is Fake; 7/20/2013 9:03pm at .

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    7/20/2013 9:02pm

supporting member
     Style: 

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wanted a real Cyclone so bad as a kid.

Somebody sent me this a while back...good costume.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2013 2:59pm

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    great thread, and some cool entries so far.

my hobby is pretty "vanilla" by comparison. i collect comic books.

i grew up reading Marvel exclusively. a little after college, i jumped ship and switched over to DC, but after a while i just got sick of all their reboots and "crises" so i went back to Marvel.

lately, i've grown tired of the Big 2. just too much baggage with both companies. you basically need a flow chart to figure out what's going on. and after 70+ years of publication, both just get bogged down with rehashed storylines and clutter. plus, i just don't have the time or money to get caught up in all the major events that happen all too often now.

so, i've turned to indie comics. i still have limited knowledge when it comes to indie titles, and since i have rather circumscribed interests, i've been looking out for primarily martial arts related titles. currently the genre is pretty limited, but i have actually found several that are MMA-related, which is pretty cool.

this title was put out by Image comics. its a 4-part mini series. pretty cool storyline with some good, kinetic art:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Heart1-cover.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	15434

this is another MMA comic put out by IDW comics. its a 6-part mini series. the character was actually remade from the Joe Palooka (he was a boxer in his original incarnation) sunday paper strips that started in the 30's:

Name:	preview-joe-palooka-1-idw-L-Q4iqTa.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	15435

finally, this fun one that just started up from Image comics. if any of you are familiar with the old side-scroller beat 'em up Final Fight, this is that game in comic form:

Name:	ldb16backjpg-5ea4fc.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	15436

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2013 3:46pm

Style: Kickboxing, LGKF, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I'm a bit of a comic book fan, however my biggest hobby is computer animation :)
    I use blender to build models and make animations. It's a fun little hobby that I enjoy, my little brother is a bit of an artist and I guess it just runs in our family.

Never really got taught it at college or anything, just picked up the program and did the best to learn it myself, just out of passion for the subject.

Hey, hope this doesn't come off as advertising but if anyones interested in seeing a vid or two here's my youtube page.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Sovvolf

Always like to get my work out there to anyone interested in seeing it :)

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/26/2013 3:53pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's your hobby, it isn't advertising.

I am a HUGE comic book nerd.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2013 4:08pm

Style: Kickboxing, LGKF, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Glad to see that many of us are huge comic nerds. Big on stuff like Batman and The Punisher, specially anything that Garth Ennis writes that involves The Punisher. Enjoyed The Punisher Max series though they ended it a little abruptly which was a shame really. I understand that Garth started a new Max series not long back but haven't had the time or money to really give them a read.

I'm also a bit of a big movie nerd, which is why I love my computer animation a great deal. Often it's like I can make my own movies with pretty much zero budget.