Our Sponsors:

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/27/2013 12:54am

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've always been a knife lover. I sharpen them by hand on stones and I tend to accumulate too many. I also have a tendency to give the ones I don't use away so that I never have too many at once, but then they stack up again. In my abundant lameness, after seeing Bond shave with a straight razor in Skyfall I decided "Well ****, why haven't I tried that?" So I ponied up way too much money and bought a shaving brush, some fancy soap, and a German Dovo straight razor so I could be like Bond. I've been shaving with nothing but a straight for the last 3 months or so and I actually am enjoying it. Haven't killed myself yet, although I do have a bit of a scar that's still healing on my cheek from when I got cocky in the beginning and went too fast.

So basically, I like sharp things I guess.
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2013 3:10am

Style: Taijiquan, Karate

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a portrait I painted of my wife nearly 5 years ago. I don't have much time to paint in oils any more...I tend towards small illustrations that don't take up much space.

Hopefully I'll get the paints out over summer as I'd like to do one of my wife and our son while he's little.

Name:  lydiasmall.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  35.1 KB

Posted On:
    5/27/2013 12:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IMightBeWrong View Post
    I've always been a knife lover.
    Doesn't that hurt?

Posted On:
    5/27/2013 1:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    Doesn't that hurt?
    Not as often now as it used to, but every now and then yes.
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

Posted On:
    5/27/2013 1:29pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IMightBeWrong View Post
    In my abundant lameness, after seeing Bond shave with a straight razor in Skyfall I decided "Well ****, why haven't I tried that?" So I ponied up way too much money and bought a shaving brush, some fancy soap, and a German Dovo straight razor so I could be like Bond. I've been shaving with nothing but a straight for the last 3 months or so and I actually am enjoying it. Haven't killed myself yet, although I do have a bit of a scar that's still healing on my cheek from when I got cocky in the beginning and went too fast.
    A friend of mine in Ireland sent me two straight razors and a few other little goodies. I'm mostly using them, though a few times I'll use the cartridge razor still. No massive cuts yet, though I did manage one about 4cm long (and not from being a dolt, just had a moment where it randomly grabbed the skin).

Posted On:
    5/27/2013 6:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got a cut about 3cm long on my cheek when the razor sort of jumped off my face and landed back on the skin digging into it. Only happened once and I think it was because I hadn't been stropping effectively enough. Now I strop on a pasted strop between every shave so it's a much smoother and sharper shaver. I haven't even gotten a minor nick in a few weeks now.

Can't go back to cartridges, either. Every time I do I get nicks and razor burn and bumps.

Posted On:
    5/27/2013 6:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    No massive cuts yet, though I did manage one about 4cm long (and not from being a dolt, just had a moment where it randomly grabbed the skin).
    I also blame my misfortunes on inanimate objects doing animate things to me.

*Don't mind me, CP: I just had several consecutive long shifts at work and decided to be a total asshole, taking it out one somebody other than myself. Just ignore.*

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2013 6:56pm

Style: HS Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why don't you guys use an electric shaver then? Faster and you don't get cut with them.

Posted On:
    5/27/2013 7:08pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
    Why don't you guys use an electric shaver then? Faster and you don't get cut with them.
    Let me answer you with this small bit of advice next time you have to go to the barber for a haircut get a shave at the same time.

If I were more of a baller I would go to the barber far more often just for a shave.

Posted On:
    5/27/2013 9:13pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
    Ah, kids ...
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 ... LastLast