Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    5/17/2013 7:19am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I was competing, I was pretty much a strict Warrior Diet guy. I loved it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/17/2013 5:11pm

Style: KK TKD GJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Both lyle Macdonald & John berardi spoke highly of it. John Berardi even wrote a free E-book on it

Tried it once was able to cut from bf from 25% till 19% in 2-3 months but then I went & ruined my diet

Posted On:
    5/17/2013 7:02pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to have to try this crap out at some point when I'm not... doing anything. At all.

Ran into a wall doing my freaking warm-up this morning. Decided to have breakfast, felt like a human being again.

Edit: actually, might just substitute the 24 hour fast on non-training days instead.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2013 9:57am

Style: grappling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like that here on bullshido fasting is taken seriously, where if I talk to a normal person about fasting they say "that's unhealthy" or "you're going to die" or some other retarded ****.

Posted On:
    5/18/2013 10:41am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    My eating plan at 90kg in order to lose another 10kg was along the lines of:

Normal training day including sparring, drilling, HIIT:

800g chicken
    Anything green

I made two meals out of this, ate one at 2pm, the other as soon as I got home from the gym (around 10pm).
    An hour before training I could eat one piece of fruit, so I did this about 4:30pm.

On training days that incorporated weights as well as other exercises above:

1kg chicken
    250g rice
    Green vegetables

Before training I could have two pieces of fruit, but I rarely did, unless I was really hungry, which wasn't the case often.

When I got to 85kg I stepped down the amounts a bit. I didn't actually do all the macro calculations for the step down, I fucking hate math. However, I cut the rice down to about 200g, and the chicken to 650g and 850g depending on the exercises for that day. These did not affect my energy levels and the reason I did it was because it was a **** tonne of food and I had begun to stagnate at 85kg. Nearing the fight I was doing less heavy weights and more explosive weight moves, so I modified the carb intake as I didn't feel I needed massive glycogen restoring.

Sang can attest to the body change and the intensity to which I was training having witnessed it on a number of occasions. I wasn't losing muscle mass, I was losing fat and rapidly. I maintain that I was actually getting stronger and fitter despite conventional wisdom suggesting I would be losing muscle faster than fat.
    So from 10 pm to 2 pm you fast-16 hours. I can do that i actually do that a lot at work, i eat at the hospital cafeteria at 12-1230. That is usually my breakfast and lunch, I train from 7 till 9 pm. so i eat at 10 or so. (i am told it is very bad, but i cant eat anything big for 3,4 hours before boxing..and by 10pm im so hungry.. i can't just eat a salad. I guess the big problem is that i sometimes "nash" on crap in between, and that the cafeteria's food is not the best...
    Though eating so much chicken every day....sounds hard.
    What do you think about pasta? with meat (like a bolognaze or something) as a sub for chicken?

Posted On:
    5/18/2013 11:01am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As long as it is lean meat, then it's good. I just used chicken for a couple of reasons, firstly I can make a mean Asian style marinade that I can tweak the ingredients enough so one day it is salty, the next more chilli, then I might make it a bit sweeter the next day. Secondly I tried to use red meat and found it sat on my stomach a bit harder than the chicken in training. But the plan was for "lean meat", unspecified.

There is macro calculations and one of my coaches was all, "if it fits with your macros, you can eat it", even saying you can have fucking ice cream if it fits. The thing is that doing all that calculation **** meant brainwork that I would rather put into remembering the **** I need to use for actual fighting. So I kept it simple, meat, veggies if they are green and rice. You can use pasta, but it's all about counting carbs, counting protein. I hate counting. So I stuck with the plan presented, modifying it slightly when I had dropped kgs in a very simple % of body weight lost to % of intake ratio that may or may not have been exact.

Being exact in the macro calculations will be something I will master and plan out BEFORE my next camp, as I was introduced a few weeks into this one. With the injury, I will also be able to plan a strength and conditioning nutritional program prior to that camp so whoever I am put in the cage with will be seeing peak battlefields form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2013 11:32pm

Style: KK TKD GJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is John berardi free E-book on IF for people who are interested

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/intermittent-fasting

Posted On:
    6/29/2013 11:53am

Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are there any people here with experience in "fasted training" as it is laid out by Berkhan? I ask because I can't drop $90-150 a month on BCAA's, but my schedule doesn't permit me to exercise anytime other than mornings.

Berkhan advises whey protein pre- and post-workout if BCAA's are not an option, but is unclear on the amount and times to ingest the protein, though he has an intimate schedule laid out for the BCAA's.

Has anyone experimented with this, have any suggestions, or possible leads on information regarding this?

@Phrost: Were you trying coffee and water to hold you over until time to break the fast?
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Posted On:
    6/29/2013 3:41pm

Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Are there any people here with experience in "fasted training" as it is laid out by Berkhan? I ask because I can't drop $90-150 a month on BCAA's, but my schedule doesn't permit me to exercise anytime other than mornings.

Berkhan advises whey protein pre- and post-workout if BCAA's are not an option, but is unclear on the amount and times to ingest the protein, though he has an intimate schedule laid out for the BCAA's.

Has anyone experimented with this, have any suggestions, or possible leads on information regarding this?
    The answer was right under my nose: Drink 1/3 of a shake 5-15 minutes pre-workout, then drink 1/3 every hour until you break the fast.

I guess I expected more specifics, but they would probably vary from person to person.
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/01/2013 10:14am

Style: grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not familiar with Berkhan, but protein shakes hardly seem like fasting.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast