Yours truly

Posted On:
    5/27/2013 8:09pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IMightBeWrong View Post

To the point: I used to dislike the M&P. I thought it was a Glock copycat and I didn't like that it didn't have a good, tactile trigger reset. Things have changed. The NEWER M&Ps have an even better tactile reset in my opinion than any Glock I've ever used, they fit my hand better, and now that they've been out for a good while and have proven to be venerable pistols I'd have to say I consider them one of the best options on the market and for the first time there's a polymer pistol I like more than Glock.
    Reset was never really too important to me; I care more about it with rifles than pistols. I'm a bit of a trigger slapper when it comes to pistols, and I don't even remember the reset when I shoot.

The only 1911 I wish I never parted with was a Springfield Champion Operator. It was a very nice pistol. I slapped a pair of VZ Alien grips on it and it was the nicest overall 1911 I've owned. I just got tired of taking care of it compared to my Glocks at the time. Now I regret it, though.
    Buy mine? :)
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Lightweight

Posted On:
    5/31/2013 2:36am

supporting member
     Style: .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I'll look into those thanks.
    Coming in late but if you're looking at single stack 9's with slim grips to fit smaller hands, my wife swears by her Sig P239. She didn't like the fit of anything else we tried (Kahr CM9 and CW9 were next closest). I've shot it, nice gun. No hiccups in the couple of thousand rounds she's put through it.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/31/2013 2:56am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by misanthropic777 View Post
    Coming in late but if you're looking at single stack 9's with slim grips to fit smaller hands, my wife swears by her Sig P239. She didn't like the fit of anything else we tried (Kahr CM9 and CW9 were next closest). I've shot it, nice gun. No hiccups in the couple of thousand rounds she's put through it.
    My wife doesn't like the trigger on the Sig. She likes the trigger safety with the Glock, hence why I was looking at the Ruger. Yes, I double checked, the P239 is the other gun she shot at the range.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/02/2013 7:13pm

supporting member
     Style: .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My wife doesn't like the trigger on the Sig. She likes the trigger safety with the Glock, hence why I was looking at the Ruger. Yes, I double checked, the P239 is the other gun she shot at the range.
    Then I'd also look at the Springfield XD-S; similar feel to the Glock safety trigger (though the functional mechanics are actually quite different), different ergonomics than the Glock. Nice shooting little gun - too small for my hands, I've ditched all my single-stacks. I do carry the XD 9mm sub-compact and own several XD models.

Posted On:
    6/03/2013 7:25pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No money to buy another 1911 right now, new or used. Trying to save my pennies to go back to school.
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/03/2013 10:40pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No money to buy another 1911 right now, new or used. Trying to save my pennies to go back to school.
    Where at?

Posted On:
    6/05/2013 8:13pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where at?
    I never really got good grades in school and I dropped out of community college when I was younger. I want to go back to community and just start doing things and see if I figure out what I want to do from there.
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/10/2013 7:04pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never really got good grades in school and I dropped out of community college when I was younger. I want to go back to community and just start doing things and see if I figure out what I want to do from there.
    Rio Salado and South Mountain Community are good starts. Make sure you contact ASU or whatever University you plan to attend. The counselors suck at the CC level. You'll end up with an Associates and half your credits won't work.

Anyway, after trying many different guns, we ended up with a Budget 9mm. She liked the weight, the trigger pull, the ease of break down and the accuracy. So, we just purchased:

Smith and Wesson SD9 VE
    Nice little gun, fun to shoot, feels a tad cheap, but I like the construction and she likes the gun. If it keeps her shooting, we can move up to a better one with all of the perks. I was actually surprised at how light the gun was after shooting the .45 for so long.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    8/11/2013 3:45am

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Honestly that is a pretty decent, beginner friendly entry handgun. Don't listen to the naysayers about the double action pull. If you learn to shoot well with a long pull, you'll be even better with a single action pull.
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/11/2013 7:29am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks. That was one of the things I saw people complaining about, but I decided whatever. She's a beginner and it'll make learning easier. Good to know a gun expert thinks it is a decent beginner gun.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast