Administrator

Posted On:
    5/17/2013 4:25pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    The Gen 4 Glocks come with large, medium and small grip inserts. I have small hands and I can shoot an older Glock 22 OK, but I tried one with the small inserts and it was GREAT.

The SW MP has a slim grip plus inserts as well. I wanted an M&P for my duty weapon, but the sheriff transferred a fullsized glock 22 to the court so I didn't get a new weapon.
    Every time I see MP, I think M&P and it makes me want their AR-15.

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    5/17/2013 4:36pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Every time I see MP, I think M&P and it makes me want their AR-15.
    LOL, they are nice for sure. If you want any type of AR I hope you have a lot of money...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/17/2013 4:44pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    LOL, they are nice for sure. If you want any type of AR I hope you have a lot of money...
    AR prices are dropping. I've been watching them since they screamed "BBBBBAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN." They are about $50-$100 more than they were if you order online, back before the December shooting. Local dealers and stores still have the outrageous markups of $300-$500. There was a point when they were going for quadruple the prices.

Ammunition prices suck now.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    5/17/2013 7:30pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tried to get into 1911s and I couldn't put up with it. I have a nice springfield champion I'm going to get rid of soon. lol.

I would get one with an external extractor, if I were to get another 1911.
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Posted On:
    5/18/2013 6:52am

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    I would get one with an external extractor, if I were to get another 1911.
    You and the 1911 lost that lovin' feelin'? Spark gone out of the romance?

Get a Lar Grizzly and re-ignite that Browning Passion.

The Power of John Compels You!

"The time and place for a gun maker just got together on this corner and I happened along; WITH MY BOOM STICK!"

~ John M. Browning

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/19/2013 2:57pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IIF, a lot of shitty guns can be very durable.
    When you really try to run a handgun hard, you'll start noticing how much the ruger P series and the SR9 series suck. Their autos are not as good as their revolvers.. (I have an SP101 that I'm in love with)
    We will disagree on the P-90 series sucking as bad as you claim. I know you think you did the math so, now it has moved up to run hard. I ran it hard and it wasn't 500 bullets a year. There were years where I went to the desert or range and put in a couple hundred rounds every other week. There were times when I was shitty about taking care of my gun and it performed fine. There was a period where I didn't shoot at all. It held up, it was accurate and it still functions great. As to the SR9c series I do not know and as with anything I'll see what my wife likes and go from there. I'll be checking as many of the guns, in this thread, as possible.

Have you looked into single stack 9mms? They are uber hard to find now, but a Walther PPS is a badass little gun. And despite being small and light, it shouldn't be too much for BK hands to handle. I did downsize even futher though, into a Nano. THat may be a bit too small for most beginners.
    I'll look into those thanks.

Posted On:
    5/19/2013 10:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    when I learned that my extractor was fubared on that gun, I realized even if I did get it fixed and tuned, I'll still have failures every 1000 rounds or so.
    Dang. Well, you're going to get failures in an semi auto here and there. But I know what you mean. For the amount of money a tuned 1911 costs you'd expect the thing to cycle without issue.

Truth be told, as much as I've loved the feel of all the 1911s I owned I'm more partial to the Hi-Power family of browming pistols. Better rails, simple internals easier breakdown, just a more advanced design all around over it's bigger older brother IMHO. And the modern options in that vein are great shooters. CZ, Tangfoglio, IMI, Armalite, Canik... ...so many flavors!

On topic in that vein, the CZ P01 is a nice compact 9mm though not as sleek and concealable as the Ruger SR9 or the Keltec PF9.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 2:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IIF, a lot of shitty guns can be very durable.
    When you really try to run a handgun hard, you'll start noticing how much the ruger P series and the SR9 series suck. Their autos are not as good as their revolvers.. (I have an SP101 that I'm in love with)

Have you looked into single stack 9mms? They are uber hard to find now, but a Walther PPS is a badass little gun. And despite being small and light, it shouldn't be too much for BK hands to handle. I did downsize even futher though, into a Nano. THat may be a bit too small for most beginners.
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Yours truly

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 2:58am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There was no tenderness anymore in my finger tips. I tried not to show it but I knew that I lost that lovin' feeling.

Champion is as close as it gets to higher-end 'custom' 1911s without actually being that expensive (800 ish?) but when I learned that my extractor was fubared on that gun, I realized even if I did get it fixed and tuned, I'll still have failures every 1000 rounds or so. My M&P has had no failures in 5000 rounds (cleand every 2000 or so, lol) , except one time I accidently tried to chamber bad ammo (like deformed casing).
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/20/2013 5:17am

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://rugerforum.net/ruger-pistols/...resetting.html

No go for me. Also there is a peening issue as well. Completely eliminates Ruger semis now.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast