Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/13/2013 11:06am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ruger SR9c

Anyway, in another thread, I mentioned I MADE my wife go shoot. After a little crying and much foot stamping my wife still hates guns *snicker*. She then went on to tell me how much she dislikes the trigger pull and grip on a Sig. The Glock 17 with the trigger safety made it easier too shoot. She hit 6 out of 10 round center mass after the range officer taught her the proper stance. Then described her noob feelings about shooting downrange. All the while I'm giggling, like a little school girl, listening to someone that is trying HARD to convince themselves they dislike guns "BUT....."

So, I started looking at slimmer grips and stumbled across the SR9c. I love Ruger. Yes, I know the big idiot said some stupid crap ala "civilians should not have high cap weapons." Yeah, whatever. They are selling 17 round clips and I enjoy my .45 ACP. If you guys have some advice for a nice gun for small to medium size hands it would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 5/13/2013 11:34am at .

Posted On:
    5/13/2013 11:19am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Paging Scrapper!

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    5/13/2013 11:54am

staff
     Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And I appear!

SR9, like all Ruger's, is well-built and tough. Ruger makes a lot of very utilitarian weapons.

Ruger triggers tend to be stiff, with a lot of take-up. it takes some getting used to. This will not have a dainty grip, though.

9mm weapons for people with small hands?

Taurus 24/7
    XD-9s
    Kahr has a whole line of them as well.
    Check my reviews as well. i think there are a few of them in there..
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/13/2013 12:49pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Copy that.

I'll look through your reviews again thanks. I agree with you on the trigger pull. For some reason, I'm weird and prefer that when I shoot. Then again, the gun would be for my wife and her comfort is my priority. If she enjoys shooting, it'll become a family affair at that point.

Posted On:
    5/13/2013 3:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Noice!

Bill Ruger passed away, the company started making hi-caps again. Boycoting them now only means missing out on fantastic new offerings like their scout carbine and the toughest, best valued revolvers on the market.

While not a CCW weapon by any stretch (or even a moder defensive arm), I'd love a Bisley Black Hawk in .357 myself.

If their new ploymer framed offerings are as reliable as their P-Series autos were, I think they'd be worth the price tag for sure!

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    5/13/2013 3:58pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post

Anyway, in another thread, I mentioned I MADE my wife go shoot. After a little crying and much foot stamping my wife still hates guns *snicker*. She then went on to tell me how much she dislikes the trigger pull and grip on a Sig. The Glock 17 with the trigger safety made it easier too shoot. She hit 6 out of 10 round center mass after the range officer taught her the proper stance. Then described her noob feelings about shooting downrange. All the while I'm giggling, like a little school girl, listening to someone that is trying HARD to convince themselves they dislike guns "BUT....."

So, I started looking at slimmer grips and stumbled across the SR9c. I love Ruger. Yes, I know the big idiot said some stupid crap ala "civilians should not have high cap weapons." Yeah, whatever. They are selling 17 round clips and I enjoy my .45 ACP. If you guys have some advice for a nice gun for small to medium size hands it would be greatly appreciated.
    A buddy of mine has a Walther P-99. Shoots like a dream, and the grip is what I would call luxurious. It's more of a full-frame gun, though, so if concealment is a concern...

The other "nice" 9mm I have some experience with is the Glock 26. Cute gun, kicks a bit more than I thought it would. A different buddy bought it for his fiance, but I've heard it's a maintenance nightmare, and personally I like to have all my fingers around the grip.

Posted On:
    5/13/2013 5:39pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have always like the Walther P99 ergonomics.

Here is a thread that maybe helpful to you

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279624

the Kahr K9 seems to keep coming up but I haven't handled one myself.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/13/2013 5:41pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, not about concealment at all. Just looking at different guns that will feel comfortable in her hands. Also, one that I might like to shoot as well. I don't like Glocks. It is a really good gun, but just never feels completely comfortable in my hands. If a Glock is what she continues to like, I'll just need to get used to one.

Posted On:
    5/13/2013 5:45pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Opps I forgot to mention that my Wife whose hands are so small she complains about the XBox controllers can handle the Walther P99 fine.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    5/13/2013 7:13pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    If their new ploymer framed offerings are as reliable as their P-Series autos were, I think they'd be worth the price tag for sure!
    I'm waiting to see that very thing; I had one of the earlier (1996) P-85s and loved it. It was overweight but I loved the feel, look, accuracy and dependability of that thing. Ruger has always built quality firearms.

The SR9c has got the look.

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I don't like Glocks.
    I'm not a fan either, but I carry one on duty because they are dependable and pretty much idiot-proof. They definitely won't win any fashion shows.

Last edited by slamdunc; 5/13/2013 7:23pm at .
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast