• Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/12/2013 3:35pm

Style: Kendo

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Sumo highlight reel

This guy is a Czech who barely makes 200 lbs fighting at the top level of pro sumo. Pretty cool if you ask me.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=N2DP4...%3DN2DP467Tm8s

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    5/12/2013 4:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah, he's my favorite sumo at the moment. a former judoka, you can see the judo in his style.

he fights second in this video from yesterday (today? it's japan so who knows)

i used to watch the live streams, but there are too many hours of it to watch, now i watch this guy's highlight vids and i see the important matches
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    5/14/2013 1:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    yeah, he's my favorite sumo at the moment. a former judoka, you can see the judo in his style.

he fights second in this video from yesterday (today? it's japan so who knows)

i used to watch the live streams, but there are too many hours of it to watch, now i watch this guy's highlight vids and i see the important matches
    That was sweet!

I should watch more Sumo,I've always liked it.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    5/14/2013 1:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    This guy is a Czech who barely makes 200 lbs fighting at the top level of pro sumo. Pretty cool if you ask me.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=N2DP4...%3DN2DP467Tm8s
    Wow, fantastic!

What an exhibition of tai sabaki and nage waza on his part to not just get shoved out of the ring by much larger opponents.

I think we should add the open handed blows to Judo. Imagine how that would be, LOL. Add in headbutts even more fun.

That last match the other guy kinda had his number in terms of how to deal with him...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Posted On:
    5/14/2013 7:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TVJapan has changed the broadcast time of its highlights to 6 PM ET. Finally.

Already pretty smart, Goedo is getting smarter and more technical by the Basho. Not nearly Ozeki material but relatively uninjured, so has the years left to make a run or two for higher ranks.

Tall European Kotooshu should be able to get out of Katoban status. He's done it before. That said, he always seems to want to be anywhere except the Dohyo, and often mails in performances. Sometimes, however, that's all he needs to do. Other times, it's simply not enough. Not that he seems to care.

Harumafuji has a lot to prove after his 9-6 record last Basho (definitely not Yokozuna numbers, and if he does it again, he may have to hang it up). A bit overemotional for a rikishi of any rank, he's let things get the better of him before: either under his former name of Ama of shortly after he changed names, he turned in a 2-13 performenace...but made up for it by very nearly winning the next Basho.

Hakuho is...well, Hakuho. The Rubber Buddha. As imperturbable as ever, and barring any major surprises, should grab another Yusho.

EDIT: Toyonoshima and Gagamaru still need bras, and they're far from alone. However, one need only look at the limbs of rikishi during their bouts to recognize that most are not as "fat" as they're made out to be. Even the mid-body "cushion" is simply surface material over a trained core. The best visual confirmation of this is the Russian rikishi Aran, whose deep six-pack is very visible despite the camouflage.
    Last edited by Vieux Normand; 5/14/2013 8:26pm at .