Our Sponsors:

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011121319 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/15/2013 11:55pm

Style: Kickboxing/MuaiThai (new)

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    An hour of circuit training before some quick sparring.

I decided to get my boxing up to speed. While avoiding kicks and breaking clinch attempts I happened to catch a solid left jab to the face. Noticing that the guy favored it before a right hook I shifted to counter.

On partner switch I (without thinking) shifted to counter a similar jab attempt and rode a knee before being thrown to the mat. Ouch.

Mental note - when cup is too full; empty cup. Must learn grappling ...

Posted On:
    5/16/2013 6:42am

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Calisthenics, drilled various turtle turnovers and three rounds of randori. No elbows to the nads nor girl's hair in my mouth... boring training session.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    5/16/2013 7:20am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cross leg shield & rear leg shield to straight blast & HKE. Made my two fighters spar everyone else in class for one round each, & then had them spar an extra round that was just defensive against my senior student.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2013 10:29am

Style: BJJ/Submission Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I though this almost warranted it own thread, but here is what I did in BJJ class and a bit of back story:

There is a new student smewhat cocky russian guy, hard to understand has good judo throws, also trains like a dick preying on white belts. I just so happen to take exception to this. During the first hour, the beginners class I mainly walk around the room offering instruction/help and jumping into drills when I can, its not that I'm a bad ass by any means, but we had an odd number of people and I pretty much have this sweep series down.

During the second hour we do grip fighting, establish and break grips when you stall out stop and restart. Naturally the russian guy hip throws some nameless white belt through the earth then plays the I don't understand game. When we switch partners I bolt across the room and pick him, I get sleeve and collar control and yank him down to stall us out, I had a fairly good idea what was going to happen next so i got ready to do a standing sit out, sure enough he start fucking with my leg so I sit out and straigh blast his nuts into outer space with my lead foot. Eventually he gets back up and begins to stare me down.

Wrong move in my gym homie.

So we end drills (needless to say he didn't want to grip fight with me anymore) and its rolling time. After the third round of rolling I finally get matched up with him. I shoot get the falling single, side control and take his back. I don't know where I made my mistake but somewhere along the way I wound up with double underhooks, this is not a good thing, and I was really upset with myself at the time. Anyways homeboy starts trying for wrist locks, this instantly pisses me off, not so much that he is trying for a submission, but this guy doesn't know what he is doing and would for sure try this on a white belt and probably break something.

It is important to note that there is a gym (body building type gym) in the same room as the matts, and I couldn't make this up if I wanted to but I swear to god eye of the tiger was playing.

So just check the current score, I am rolling with a blonde hair russian who is trying to break my wrist after beating up on white belts to eye of the tiger.

I straight crossfaced him, wrist to nose and pulled that **** with all of my strength. For like 10 or 12 seconds, if you have never been crossfaced trust me, that is a fucking eternity.

Time expires in that position, we line up and bow out. I change and go home.

Yeah pretty normal BJJ class I guess.

Posted On:
    5/16/2013 2:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignoscant View Post
    Mental note - when cup is too full...
    ...go take a piss.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/16/2013 8:16pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No gi Yoko Tomoe Nage.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2013 9:19pm

Style: Itinerant Wanderer

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seifuku

Ummmmmmmmm...Hentai-sama?
    Ha! I didn't realize that seifuku had that meaning as well. The more I learn about the different kanji, the more I realize that reading and writing kanji is a rabbit hole from which returning is nigh impossible.

Posted On:
    5/17/2013 5:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Warmed up with basic arm bar from the guard (I REALLY SUCK at this for some reason I think it has to do with a total lack of hamstring flexibility).
    Then rounds of all sorts.

Nothing quite embarrassing like starting on someones back and just getting annihilated in a few seconds.

Getting swept when your trying to pass someones guard while they are not allowed to use their hands.

All and all though I had a bunch of fun as always getting my ass kicked over and over even when I should have been able to put up MORE of a fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/17/2013 5:39pm

Style: JJJ/BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got given a fourth stripe on my whitebelt today. I know I'm pretty **** in the grand scheme of things but I feel absurdly proud.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/17/2013 7:15pm

Style: Out of Practice

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Today in class I got kicked out of the school because I was spending too much time there (training, cleaning, passing out fliers), and because I'd accepted help/advice from another student.
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011121319 ... LastLast