222199 Bullies, 3709 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 221 to 230 of 242
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 131920212223 2425 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. gregaquaman is online now
    gregaquaman's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arlie Beach
    Posts
    2,471

    Posted On:
    8/22/2013 10:14pm


     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We are on a war footing for fight night november 30. So it is lots of hard training and a few temper tanties.

    Good times.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts
  2. Cuddles is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cuddleton
    Posts
    355

    Posted On:
    10/22/2013 11:32pm


     Style: HS Cuddling

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Broke my pinkie finger today. Bent 90 degrees to the side and about 15 degrees backwards.

    Didn't hurt at all actually, until I had it popped back in. Then it hurt only a little. I have a pic, but idk if it's NSFW so...
  3. Keej613 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ottawa (Canada)
    Posts
    285

    Posted On:
    10/23/2013 12:04pm


     Style: It's complicated.

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last night was my first ever judo class.

    1.5 hours in duration

    -stretching, running, warmup exercises
    -line drills: breakfalls and shrimping
    -line drills: entries for throws + actual throws
    -basic sweeps / trips from standing
    -newaza chokes, pins & submissions
    -new people: practicing newaza chokes & submissions on compliant ukes / experienced people: newaza randori
    -randori / shiai from standing position
    -cool down exercises

    I liked it a lot!
  4. Vieux Normand is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,271

    Posted On:
    10/23/2013 12:53pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
    Broke my pinkie finger today. Bent 90 degrees to the side and about 15 degrees backwards.

    Didn't hurt at all actually, until I had it popped back in. Then it hurt only a little. I have a pic, but idk if it's NSFW so...
    Don't now about you, but when a break/sprain/dislocation happens to me, it goes all nice and numb, allowing for a quick reduction (putting things back where they should be, often accompanied by an interesting gristly sound).

    That numb-time is best taken advantage of, as other types of sensory input are soon to follow that make reduction a less quick-and-pleasant experience.

    @Keej613: of course you liked it a lot! It's Judo--which is Japanese for "big fun"--so what's not to like? Best of luck in your training.
  5. Cuddles is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cuddleton
    Posts
    355

    Posted On:
    10/23/2013 5:42pm


     Style: HS Cuddling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    Don't now about you, but when a break/sprain/dislocation happens to me, it goes all nice and numb, allowing for a quick reduction (putting things back where they should be, often accompanied by an interesting gristly sound).

    That numb-time is best taken advantage of, as other types of sensory input are soon to follow that make reduction a less quick-and-pleasant experience.

    @Keej613: of course you liked it a lot! It's Judo--which is Japanese for "big fun"--so what's not to like? Best of luck in your training.
    Yeah, I was gonna do it myself since I noticed my endorphins were rushing, but my coach said it wasn't a good idea to.

    So I asked him to do it and he said he wouldn't go near me. (Though I have papers signed with injury waivers, insurance, etc. since the school's taken extra precautions since I'm not a student there)

    I then asked for a phone to call 911 and he said I didn't want to bother paramedics with this. What?

    I explained to him my parents had work so I wouldn't have a ride to the hospital until they came back. Oh well.

    I ended up having to wait an hour before my dad arrived from work since his office is a bit away and took 30 min to get to the hospital with another 30 to process me.

    I don't know if it's just me, but I feel as though the situation wasn't handled beautifully by the authorities. Mainly because they didn't let me call for help. The school is situated literally across the street from the City library and Sheriff station. I was going to call 911 and have the operator send the sheriff across the street to pick me up and drop me by the hospital instead of waiting an hour for my dad.


    And I thought Sumo was for "big fun". Unless by big you mean... nvm.

    Fun fact: My dad was laughing at me the entire time. Haha I love him
  6. Tonuzaba is online now
    Tonuzaba's Avatar

    C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    5,574

    Posted On:
    10/24/2013 2:38am

    supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
    ...So I asked him to do it and he said he wouldn't go near me. ...I then asked for a phone to call 911 and he said I didn't want to bother paramedics with this.
    Wait... Your coach didnīt help you and didnīt call help for you?

    Coach of what?

    What country (and century) did this happen in, again?

    CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

    "Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal
  7. DarkPhoenix is offline
    DarkPhoenix's Avatar

    I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hicksville, NY
    Posts
    2,243

    Posted On:
    10/24/2013 8:23am

    supporting member
     Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rolled my ankle showing my JJJ instructor the Jason Morris sticky foot tai otoshi. He felt it before he was able to actually see it, so I showed him the movement and landed incorrectly. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts
  8. gregaquaman is online now
    gregaquaman's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arlie Beach
    Posts
    2,471

    Posted On:
    10/24/2013 10:53am


     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonuzaba View Post
    Wait... Your coach didnīt help you and didnīt call help for you?

    Coach of what?

    What country (and century) did this happen in, again?
    You break em you drive em to hostpital.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts
  9. Permalost is offline
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,476

    Posted On:
    10/24/2013 12:10pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    6
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Went to a hippie festival over the weekend, and met a dude who's a jujitsu + bullwhip player. He showed me some double bullwhip cracking, I showed him some Dog Bros DLO stuff, then someone gave us bacon. There was a fire spinner who claimed to be a kung fu master who manipulated his brain software to learn kung fu, and I wanted to fight him after his huge public show but by the time I got the chance everyone was rolling on drugs.
  10. DarkPhoenix is offline
    DarkPhoenix's Avatar

    I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hicksville, NY
    Posts
    2,243

    Posted On:
    10/24/2013 3:05pm

    supporting member
     Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Went to a hippie festival over the weekend, and met a dude who's a jujitsu + bullwhip player. He showed me some double bullwhip cracking, I showed him some Dog Bros DLO stuff, then someone gave us bacon. There was a fire spinner who claimed to be a kung fu master who manipulated his brain software to learn kung fu, and I wanted to fight him after his huge public show but by the time I got the chance everyone was rolling on drugs.

    That sounds like an EPIC class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.