• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122 232425 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/13/2013 6:29am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok did a new conditioning today. Pulled out a crash mat and did our plates and body weight set on that.

This suddenly becomes a stabalisation nightmare even jogging on the spot is hard.

Awsome exersise.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/13/2013 7:52am

supporting member
     Style: Escrima n00b

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Put my training on hold for a few months. :(

Even though I love escrima and Fuzzy gallantly gave up his comfy travel pass in favour of cycling so that we could afford for both of us to train, money is tight and we can't afford the fees for both of us until I can pick up some more work hours next year. So Fuzzy can continue training safe in the knowledge that he can buy a travel pass if it's raining and I'll keep building up my fitness at the local council gym until I can join him in class again.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/13/2013 6:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Coke.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    8/13/2013 6:31pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I taught the armbar and the triangle from closed guard.

I hate closed guard techniques.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/13/2013 10:44pm

Style: HS Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wrestled against my coach for 5 rounds.

10 minutes of utter beat-down. It was fantastic.

Posted On:
    8/14/2013 12:04am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh and we are doing one of those 12week mma off the street into the cage thingies. I will do a thread on it eventually.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    8/15/2013 9:32am

supporting member
     Style: yoga/bodyweight mainly

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This was actually last night's class. Circuit, head movement drills, sparring. We had one of those guys that likes to come in and tell you their bullshit strategies and techniques last night. I'm 6' 2" and 220 lbs, this guy is probably 5' 7" and 140 lbs with one of those deep, Allstate commercial dude voices, except he's white and small. We break the mats up into squares with body bags, and switch between doing only offense or defense every minute with our partner. This dude lands a few shots on me and completely stops the drill:

Douchey noob: "You should focus on my gloves so you can see where the punches are coming from. I'm not like, trying to teach you or anything, just letting you know."

Me, completely stunned that this is actually happening and debating on throwing some counters when the drill resumes: "Just throw some punches."

Then it was my turn to do offense, and this guy barely even worked on head movement. He spent the majority of his time trying to back the **** out of our square lol. Imagine that. When drills were over, I asked another classmate who the **** this guy is. He just laughed and explained that he also came in trying to tell everyone how to do Jiu Jitsu. It was still a great class, as I got some good work in with some fighters and another dude around my experience level.
    Start a training log!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2013 1:46pm

Style: HS Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What do about dirty wrestlers?

I work with a dirty (Varsity) wrestler who is 2 weight classes above me. I'm fine with it, because I'm overtraining for season and he doesn't really hurt me too badly cause we're the "same" team (though I'm from a different school). However, during a match, how do I deal with a dirty wrestler?

I'm talking about elbow/chin grinds, snapping crossfaces, and calf diggers. Hurts like hell and it caused me to get pinned a few times last practice.
    `````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````

What happened one of the many times I got pinned: Get a single leg ride on top, try to superman but get flipped around so I insert for a double leg ride. He grabs my toes with his right hand and starts grinding his elbow in my calf (Owww) making me lose my ride.

He flips me over, I go belly down, he grinds his elbow on the back of my neck which makes me rotate sideways cause it HURTS. He sets up a half nelson, I try to peel his half off, and he digs his nails into my hand with his other hand (I actually started bleeding). Then he drives forwards and pins me with a half.

Would a ref call that in an actual match? I started playing dirty since my partner said most of those were legal and pinned him :D

I'm not going to ask him to stop, cause the coach says that a lot of wrestlers play dirty, so I might as well get used to it. What's a good defense against this?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/22/2013 3:28pm

supporting member
     Style: DocePares/MMA(YawYan)

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My coach hit me in the belly with a rolling pin.

Posted On:
    8/22/2013 10:06pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
    What do about dirty wrestlers?

I work with a dirty (Varsity) wrestler who is 2 weight classes above me. I'm fine with it, because I'm overtraining for season and he doesn't really hurt me too badly cause we're the "same" team (though I'm from a different school). However, during a match, how do I deal with a dirty wrestler?

I'm talking about elbow/chin grinds, snapping crossfaces, and calf diggers. Hurts like hell and it caused me to get pinned a few times last practice.
    `````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````

What happened one of the many times I got pinned: Get a single leg ride on top, try to superman but get flipped around so I insert for a double leg ride. He grabs my toes with his right hand and starts grinding his elbow in my calf (Owww) making me lose my ride.

He flips me over, I go belly down, he grinds his elbow on the back of my neck which makes me rotate sideways cause it HURTS. He sets up a half nelson, I try to peel his half off, and he digs his nails into my hand with his other hand (I actually started bleeding). Then he drives forwards and pins me with a half.

Would a ref call that in an actual match? I started playing dirty since my partner said most of those were legal and pinned him :D

I'm not going to ask him to stop, cause the coach says that a lot of wrestlers play dirty, so I might as well get used to it. What's a good defense against this?
    Harden up. Look training with dirty wrestlers is half the trick. MMA grinding is part if it. I tend to forearm the face for head grinds. I suppose good posture and keep your hands up for the crossface. Head into the body for the double leg. Try to get a bit of face grind in yourself.

Our guys will throw actual foream shots if they can get them.

I train with a guy who has arms like steel pipes who consitantly tries to neck crank me when I have him in guard. It is about recognising the entry and dealing with it quick.
    Last edited by gregaquaman; 8/22/2013 10:12pm at .