Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/16/2013 11:41am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonuzaba View Post
    You just canīt help but stick to adult entertainers, can you...
    Well, they do tend to be pretty sticky.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.

Posted On:
    6/24/2013 6:46pm

Style: banging katje

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ninjutsu: basic rolling exercises, then defenses to punches and kicks, performed over and over again for 2 hours.

Tai Chi Praying Mantis: first 30 minutes were spent jogging (we trained in a park), then warmup, dynamic stretching, joint lock techniques, kicking and punching, defense against knife attacks, and finally practicing some forms before finishing class with static stretches. It was a pretty action packed 2 hour class. No sparring today.

Krav Maga: stretching, and conditioning in the form of constantly kicking, punching, and performing palm strikes for an hour and a half. Three days later, I'm still sore from this class.

Taekwondo: mostly kicking exercises, especially roundhouse, side, and spinning hook kicks. Some punching thrown in as well.

Jujitsu: practicing a few throwing techniques and joint locks. I was ok the day of class, but the next day my ass really hurt from constantly being thrown.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2013 7:13pm

Style: Muay Thai / Judo / JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last Nights Class Was JKD, Ussual 5 mins sparring to warm up, then exercises, moved into class specific topic which was Standing Lock flows, (Filipino/Larry Hartsell Grappling) Transitions focuse mainly on shoulder to wrist to elbow type locks.

then focused on my Current Grading which is a Muay Thai Grade (quite a boring grade considering I have done Muay Thai seperate for three years now and its mostly basics)

Posted On:
    6/24/2013 9:51pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fight training started last week, so we've been cranking up the intensity a little bit every time. Tonight was 5 4-minute rounds on pads, followed by ten straight minutes of clinching, 150 teeps and pushes and 150 knees, and 2 sets of ladder kicks on each leg. I hate ladder kicks with a passion and vehemence usually reserved for blood feuds in Shakespearean tales. One kick, then two, then three, so on up until ten without breaks in between. Switch to the other leg, do a set on that. 50 teeps and pushes and 50 knees as a breather, then swing straight into the second set. Then 300 situps, 75 squats, and 75 pushups as a cooldown. Then I ate dinner.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Posted On:
    6/24/2013 10:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Jits [2 Stripe White]

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jumped rope for 10 minutes straight..except when I was crushing my toes with the rope! Then we did circuits on the bags trying to get kicking rhythm, practicing low kicks and footwork and not squaring, and power shots on the heavy bag.

Then we did a partner drill where one person stands in a fighting stance with their back to the wall - foot against the wall. Another person throws jabs and crosses at them and they have to dodge, no hitting back - if they lean back they hit the wall and get nailed in the face. Trying to train us to lean forward and duck, weave, and always maintain awareness of the fighter in front.

...I nailed a few of my training partners squar' in the face.

Posted On:
    6/25/2013 4:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by XXIV View Post
    .Then we did a partner drill where one person stands in a fighting stance with their back to the wall - foot against the wall. Another person throws jabs and crosses at them and they have to dodge, no hitting back - if they lean back they hit the wall and get nailed in the face. Trying to train us to lean forward and duck, weave, and always maintain awareness of the fighter in front.
    Hold your nose, here comes a dumbass question: wouldn't your first go-to in this situation be a slip-and-close? Just asking, since you didn't mention slipping.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Posted On:
    6/25/2013 7:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Jits [2 Stripe White]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    Hold your nose, here comes a dumbass question: wouldn't your first go-to in this situation be a slip-and-close? Just asking, since you didn't mention slipping.
    Yep, it was just an exercise to get us newbs to stop learning back when fists are coming at our face in real time, and to learn to trust our guard's ability to deaden punches that slip through by leaning forward, not back. Learned a lot from it!

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    6/25/2013 9:46pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sweat off at least 5lbs of water weight tonight just doing drills and calisthenics....

remember to actively cool and take water often while training in the heat during the summer season. Burning calories is fine, but overheating is not good for your training or health.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 6/25/2013 9:50pm at .

Posted On:
    6/26/2013 1:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Remember to actively cool and take water often while training in the heat during the summer season. Burning calories is fine, but overheating is not good for your training or health.
    Tried that.

Anything in the stomach when I work out, matters don't go very well.

I'll hydrate an hour before working out, and maybe right after...but during? I see lots of people doing this, so I guess it's okay, but it just doesn't work for me.

Everyone's different, I guess.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2013 4:29pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last night started with warm ups and then into uchikomi (seoi nage, O soto gari, and O goshi) then we got into standing randori for about 20 min. After a brief water break we did the first set of the nage no kata and then drilled some turtle turnovers. After that we did about 20 min of ground randori (3 min rounds) and for the last 15 min we worked transitioning from pin to pin and pin to arm bar.
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71314151617 18192021 ... LastLast