Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 3:36am

Style: Kickboxing , BJJ starter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

How did you start your MA training

It is a-me ! Mario :D Joking
    When did you start ma training and for what purpose ?

Back in 2011 i started shotokan karate so i can lose weight and learn how to defend myself
    The dojo wasnt very big , and it used to be really cold in the winter !
    I stayed there for about a year then left cause we were advancing too slow

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 4:19am

Style: FMA/MMA/HEMA noob

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Started Goju Ryu when I started University because it sounded cool and promised weapons, did that for a year, got kicked out of uni, did jkd in some dude's back yard because yay Bruce Lee. Succumbed to the lure of Aikido, went back to uni, continued with Aikido and Fanchento (weird jkd/judo blend), left uni.

Moved to the UK, had 4 years with no training, got pretty ill, lost a ton of weight, decided I needed to sort that **** out, saw some Dog Bros videos and decided I needed some FMA in my life, did some googling and found my current gym (which is awesome btw)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 4:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Started Goju Ryu when I started University because it sounded cool and promised weapons, did that for a year, got kicked out of uni, did jkd in some dude's back yard because yay Bruce Lee. Succumbed to the lure of Aikido, went back to uni, continued with Aikido and Fanchento (weird jkd/judo blend), left uni.

Moved to the UK, had 4 years with no training, got pretty ill, lost a ton of weight, decided I needed to sort that **** out, saw some Dog Bros videos and decided I needed some FMA in my life, did some googling and found my current gym (which is awesome btw)
    hahaha What a mess , Why did you get kicked out ??

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 5:02am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I was seven I saw Mortal Kombat: Annihilation in theaters, and that kickstarted a martial arts obsession. Two years later I finally started training in Tang Soo Do. After I got my black belt after about five years of training I started to research other styles and methodologies and began to become disillusioned with what I was doing. After trying Praying Mantis kung-fu for a while, I ended up joining the wrestling team as a highschool freshman following encouragement from my middleschool gym teacher. I've been predominantly training that ever since, although I have trained boxing and MMA in the years since as well.

The last thing to do is **** the woman who played Sindel and the circle will be complete.

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 5:08am

Style: FMA/MMA/HEMA noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IronMikeGR View Post
    hahaha What a mess , Why did you get kicked out ??
    Too much dojo/women not enough textbook. Nothing exciting sadly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 5:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    When I was seven I saw Mortal Kombat: Annihilation in theaters, and that kickstarted a martial arts obsession. Two years later I finally started training in Tang Soo Do. After I got my black belt after about five years of training I started to research other styles and methodologies and began to become disillusioned with what I was doing. After trying Praying Mantis kung-fu for a while, I ended up joining the wrestling team as a highschool freshman following encouragement from my middleschool gym teacher. I've been predominantly training that ever since, although I have trained boxing and MMA in the years since as well.

The last thing to do is **** the woman who played Sindel and the circle will be complete.
    hahahah The last one made me laugh XD

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 5:27am

Style: Out of Practice

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As a teenager I volunteered at the local zoo. Most of my coworkers there were teenage girls. . .

To make a long-ish story short, there was a game of Truth-or-Dare and a boyfriend got upset and made a few idle threats to me. Not used to this sort of behavior, I felt threatened and joined the local Krav Maga class. I also lost my volunteer position.

(I started studying, but not actively training in, Historical European Martial Arts about four years earlier for some kind of weak, convoluted reason involving ARMA and Civilization2.)
    Last edited by Eudemic; 5/10/2013 5:30am at .

Middleweight

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 6:48am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kiddie TKD, because "somebody get these damn kids out of my hair for a godamn hour!"

That lasted about two months.

Jr High wrestling team, because a bunch of us were actively encouraged to join after the standardized fitness tests. The standardized fitness tests were silent on the fact that I was 12 years old and 67 pounds, so that about as well as one would expect. That lasted a semester.

Screwed around with guys taking or magazine learning various martial arts, mixed with the tidbits of Vietnam era military combatives we picked up in JROTC, because we we all 15.

Really wanted to take JKD in my early 20's, followed by MT a little later, but too much chaos. Having addicts in your inner circle takes a lot out of you.

Joined Bullshido, got shamed into starting training a couple years ago, been on hiatus for a few months do to moving/knee injuring/house buying/renovating/back injuring. I trained just long enough that it makes me itchy not training.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 6:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    Kiddie TKD, because "somebody get these damn kids out of my hair for a godamn hour!"

That lasted about two months.

Jr High wrestling team, because a bunch of us were actively encouraged to join after the standardized fitness tests. The standardized fitness tests were silent on the fact that I was 12 years old and 67 pounds, so that about as well as one would expect. That lasted a semester.

Screwed around with guys taking or magazine learning various martial arts, mixed with the tidbits of Vietnam era military combatives we picked up in JROTC, because we we all 15.

Really wanted to take JKD in my early 20's, followed by MT a little later, but too much chaos. Having addicts in your inner circle takes a lot out of you.

Joined Bullshido, got shamed into starting training a couple years ago, been on hiatus for a few months do to moving/knee injuring/house buying/renovating/back injuring. I trained just long enough that it makes me itchy not training.
    I see , i broke my ankle and could not play football for 4 months ... I know the feeling

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 8:12am

Style: Dutch KB / Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was my freshman year of high school, decided to get back at some bullies so during the halloween party I tossed water at one of them in the urinal. Then I ran out and thats when at least 7 of them in skeleton suits starting beating me near a fence... then a strange old man appeared and gave them a beat down.

As I was waking up in mere seconds the old man said "shh stay out!" and karate chopped my neck

Just becareful when you guys get knocked out because when you wake up your butt will be really sore.

edit: Then I started learning Kata
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast