Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 11:30am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep. Like I said earlier, minus if you need a job, I'd be out. There is a huge difference between lying and different experiences. Not checking out his background is weird in my eyes. That should have been done LONG BEFORE you two ever had an encounter. I find it interesting that they didn't say "Yes, we verified it, you need to calm down" or something allaying your fears.

For all I know they did and didn't tell you. Still, I find that strange.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 11:34am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eudemic View Post
    We're both trainees. He's just been there slightly longer.

(I thought erezb's talk about snitching was stupid because it didn't actually say why anything was bad?)
    His staff created avatar should tell you all you need to know about him.

You did right in taking it quietly to your bosses instead of direct confrontation with the douche. It is up to them if they will let him continue there or get rid of him.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 11:34am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any gym/dojo/dojang/kwoon etc. that does not perform background checks on it's instructors is being run by imbeciles in my opinion. There are too many effing pedophiles that look for instructor positions in kiddie MA's not to perform the check.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 3:36pm

supporting member
     Style: running scared

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eudemic
    I have no love of the Kempo they teach at this place I'm not suggesting they should be teaching something else or that I have an issue with teaching it myself
    I would be anywhere else at this point except that this school is basically giving me six months of free training and offering me a full-time instructor position at the end of it.
    So you really do not care for their Kempo, but do not mind teaching it. Seems a bit odd to me, but to each his own. Also, since this is "free" training, what will they require once you are an instructor and will the pay really be better than what you can get elsewhere for the time you will put in to this endeavor?
    Quote Originally Posted by from profile
    Ultimate/Shaolin Kenpo (under Jennifer Freeman)
    03/2013 - Present
    Yellow-Belt as of 04/26/2013
    You have a few months of training and you think 6 more months will qualify you to be a full instructor? Will you be training everyday. Not saying that it is not possible, but I would be very wary as to being considered a full instructor with less than a year�s training in that art.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eudemic
    They said that I could try to investigate him if I really wanted to, but I probably shouldn't, then thanked me for letting them know about the 'register his hands' thing, and sent me on my way.
    Sounds like they are not too concerned about what he tells people or his qualifications. If you are comfortable working for a group that employs people like "Rufus", then drop it. If not, I would at least try and find out if "Rufus" had any prior matches. That way you can warn people with actual knowledge once you get out of that school.
    Also, if you are really in need of a job, I may be able to get you employed where I work. Shoot me a PM if you want to discuss this more.

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 4:27pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am sorry I just can't imagine the pay scale for MA instructor in this type of setting to be particularly good(yes very subjective). Nor does it seem that it moves you forward for any other type of career. So its cool that you're getting free schooling and a job out of it but what's the endgame with that? Are you going to be making the 2.5 kids a wife and a house sort of money out of it? If not how long do you plan on doing it for what are you doing to advance your career options outside of it?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 8:58pm

Style: Out of Practice

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I ended up at this place because I'd lost my previous job due to a change of management approximately a year earlier, I hadn't gotten something new since that, and I've had a long standing passion for the martial arts. I wasn't thinking of it as a career, more just something I could put on my resume dated more recently than 'a year ago' and maybe with a positive reference attached to it.

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 11:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    Enchirito Doritos Locos Listeria Festiva.
    This may be the single greatest thing I've read on the internet.

Posted On:
    5/11/2013 2:57am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eudemic View Post
    I ended up at this place because I'd lost my previous job due to a change of management approximately a year earlier, I hadn't gotten something new since that, and I've had a long standing passion for the martial arts. I wasn't thinking of it as a career, more just something I could put on my resume dated more recently than 'a year ago' and maybe with a positive reference attached to it.
    Yeah things are tough right now. I don't know how much good overall it will do on your resume but hey work is work. I don't know about other sectors but if you're in the tech sector be forewarned you're only as good as your last job title. Of course having a huge gap isn't good either. Crazy crazy ****.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234