Administrator

Posted On:
    5/09/2013 9:32pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Start a thread in the VIP section, I'll respond to each directly.
    I'll dig them up.
    The bulk of any necessary changes should be from the community itself, not from me flipping switches on the back-end.
    I agree, but we've discussed this before and you need direction even on user generated boards.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    5/09/2013 9:52pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fra Lio View Post
    somehow think you're entitled to be hostile, because you're better than me?
    Quote Originally Posted by IronMikeGR View Post
    People think they are better all the time then they bash each other
    This "think they are better" theme has you going in circles too.

Who, anywhere in this thread, has said or implied they are better at martial arts? The only two people bringing THAT herring up happen to be you and the other guy with less than 20 posts.

Weird, right? The irony of course known to everyone is that if there is ONE thing I have never claimed to be any good at, it is martial arts. Go find the post where I did, asshole, before you come on here and begin your (short lived) soapbox session.

Organize a throwdown and challenge those 30+ years experienced martial artists and see whos better :P Until then it is all but words
    So let me get this straight. If I like Bullshido for its value and someone else doesn't, the correct solution is that I should challenge them to a duel and try to kick their ass to prove that my favorite martial arts website is superior to Yahoo Answers?

I'd rather just train.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 5/09/2013 9:59pm at .

Posted On:
    5/09/2013 10:20pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: JKDC - BJJ newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People think they are better all the time then they bash each other
    Organize a throwdown and challenge those 30+ years experienced martial artists and see whos better :P Until then it is all but words
    I thought this is what bullshido already does. Isn't it?

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    5/09/2013 10:38pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    The bulk of any necessary changes should be from the community itself, not from me flipping switches on the back-end.
    One of my employees is a heavyweight ammy boxer, I send him links to Bullshido occasionally, but I haven't directly encouraged him to participate, here.

Another is a chunner who seems to be at a decent school, by his description. They do some cross-training in BJJ/grappling. I haven't mentioned or linked Bullshido to him, I really should, now that I think about it.

Another is a Kenpo blackbelt and BJJ blue. Another is an RBSD guy who teaches compliant crap out of his house. I haven't mentioned Bullshido to either of them.

I've been training BJJ for 2 years, now, largely because I found Bullshido. I've never once talked about Bullshido with anyone at my current or previous schools.

I have been lax in my recruiting. I suck.

How many people here who train (including just the lurkers) suck at recruiting new Bullshido members/readers as bad as I do? Many of us have dozens of potential Bullies waiting in the wings. ****, you don't even have to encourage them to join, just send them an email with a link to a thread you think they might find relevant. Tell them you neglect to keep your training log on this cool site called Bullshido. Tell them about TDs or meetups that you've been to.

It never really occurred to me to "spread the word." A little encouragement from staff would probably go a long way towards effecting the changes you're looking for.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 12:26am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really should start some San Diego park sparring sessions again. There used to be like four of us, then two for a long time, then just me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 3:23am

Style: Kickboxing , BJJ starter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    No, but to be honest I do get some satisfaction from being right.

See Osiris vs JFS, or Kat vs Omar (typical of this scenario since it didn't happen), or DDT vs Sirc.

Those 30+ year martial artists, who own their own dojos, are in a better position to do this but they don't.
    Yeah someone isnt sure about his skills there xmm?
    I've been better at kickboxing in 1 month than some guys that went for 3 or 4 , time means nothing

Middleweight

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 5:31am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Another is a chunner who seems to be at a decent school, by his description. They do some cross-training in BJJ/grappling. I haven't mentioned or linked Bullshido to him, I really should, now that I think about it.
    That would be pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Another is an RBSD guy who teaches compliant crap out of his house.
    That would be awesome, for entirely different reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 7:28am

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I completely understand the desire to keep Bullshido fresh and attract new members. Maybe part of that strategy should be that Bullshido should stop trying to take itself so seriously.
    We need more drama, more gong sau, more 'stfu noob' and more bjj whitebelts lecturing about the awesomenes of grapping to the uneducated masses.

Seriously, forums are becoming obsolete.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 7:49am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phrost,

What would you like us to do?

Do you have a vision? A goal in mind? An desired end result?

An army needs marching orders. Like it or not, we do look to you for leadership, not just to get the death threats and law suits. You don't have to be a rape bastard like Lloyd Irvin or a SEObater like him, but having a core vision and motivating people to achieve that vision is not a bad thing.

I know you have ideas, and thoughts, and every once and a while a project pops up, but those of us who have been here for a long time and have shown a level of commitment are willing to do more than just hang out here every day.

Bullshido is yours at the end of the day. Tell us exactly and specifically what you want to see done of the next year. Those of us willing will make it happen. Those who don't can go elsewhere. New people will be found to replace them.

Pull your copy of Heinlein out of your ass, and be Lt. Raczak...not the Johnnie Rico from the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    We need more drama, more gong sau, more 'stfu noob' and more bjj whitebelts lecturing about the awesomenes of grapping to the uneducated masses.

Seriously, forums are becoming obsolete.
    One of the conclusions I've come to over the past couple days is that we need much much less STFU n00b.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 8:10am

Style: Jeet Kune Do

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    So let me get this straight. If I like Bullshido for its value and someone else doesn't, the correct solution is that I should challenge them to a duel and try to kick their ass to prove that my favorite martial arts website is superior to Yahoo Answers?

Maybe this is why?
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast