Administrator

Posted On:
    5/09/2013 8:48pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    So what were some of the suggestions?
    More drama? Once the communtiy started agreeing, even TMAers, the animosity disappeared and people would rather train with their known buddies.

At the end of the day I'd rather have 20 Throwdowns a year, some of which are shitty, than 2 that are perfect, or lately, 0.
    Well, your demographics changed. The sub 20's are now thirty, those sub thirties are now forty and the teens you can't reach are texting.

Posted On:
    5/09/2013 8:55pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I guess we should just pack it all in then, huh?

Or how about using our experience and knowledge to benefit the younger members, make this site more welcoming to those members, and go out of our way to recruit more of them?

The last thing I want Bullshido to become is a bunch of crusty old fucks sitting around talking about the glory days.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    5/09/2013 8:58pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I go to throwdowns mostly to meet Bullies, although the exchange of knowledge is also a good reason for attending.

Guess I need to get off my ass and schedule another Austin TD.

Posted On:
    5/09/2013 9:00pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    I go to throwdowns mostly to meet Bullies, although the exchange of knowledge is also a good reason for attending.

Guess I need to get off my ass and schedule another Austin TD.
    You do, and I'll do whatever I can to try and make it.

Posted On:
    5/09/2013 9:05pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: JKDC - BJJ newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    No, but to be honest I do get some satisfaction from being right.
    "Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them." - Bruce Lee

See Osiris vs JFS, or Kat vs Omar (typical of this scenario since it didn't happen), or DDT vs Sirc.

Those 30+ year martial artists, who own their own dojos, are in a better position to do this but they don't.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry I am so new. I'm trying to follow what this is about. Who won the 30+ people or the others?

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/09/2013 9:06pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I guess we should just pack it all in then, huh?
    I can find AT LEAST two years worth of unanswered suggestions. Is this where I make a snarky comment of who looks like they packed it in?

The last thing I want Bullshido to become is a bunch of crusty old fucks sitting around talking about the glory days.
    I agree, but you have the KEYS. None of us can do **** if you aren't piloting the ship and giving orders. You know we are now going in circles right? Deja vu and all of that.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    5/09/2013 9:19pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fra Lio View Post
    W. Rabbit has only accomplished... posting on Bullshido.
    That's true, as far as this website is concerned. Some of those posts were good posts. What's your problem, again? Nutshell version please. Recall it had something to do with questioning your motives and you getting upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Fra Lio View Post
    Do you see the point I'm getting at here? Heck, this place would be a lot more noob friendly, which was the question posed on Yahoo Answers, if everyone was required to attend a Throwdown before they earned the right to tell someone to "shut the **** up".
    Reality check: I am one of the nicest guys on Bullshido, especially to "noobs" as you call them.

Just not to you...hmmmmmm...
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 5/09/2013 9:24pm at . Reason: could it be.....Summer is coming?

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    5/09/2013 9:21pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is an interesting discussion.

Bullshido was bound to change, right? ****, Bullshido won already. It's a solution without a problem.

All the information that was so eye opening when I first came here is common knowledge among martial artists now. Yeah, there are still posers and charlatans out there in the martial arts but it's nothing like it used to be. Those guys are just sidenotes now. People who seriously want to train and learn are doing so in good schools for the most part. When they start asking the right questions the answers are right there in their faces and the truth is pretty much indisputable.

The people that needed to be investigated the most were investigated and the ass raping they got served as an example for other would be frauds. There just aren't that many George Dillmans to go around anymore.

I completely understand the desire to keep Bullshido fresh and attract new members. Maybe part of that strategy should be that Bullshido should stop trying to take itself so seriously.

Posted On:
    5/09/2013 9:27pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I can find AT LEAST two years worth of unanswered suggestions. Is this where I make a snarky comment of who looks like they packed it in?
    Start a thread in the VIP section, I'll respond to each directly.

I agree, but you have the KEYS. None of us can do **** if you aren't piloting the ship and giving orders. You know we are now going in circles right? Deja vu and all of that.
    Well things are getting fundamentally restructured around here in the coming months so any issues with that are going to be resolved. Truth is, this site operated at a loss for many years, and doesn't turn enough of a profit to allow anyone, even me, to do it on a full time basis. That's partly because I never sought to make money from it, partly because I don't want to be Lloyd Irvin and use my own marketing skills for anything other than effecting positive changes in things I care about.

But at the end of the day, even I can only do so much, and this site has never been about me... it's about the people who post on it. The bulk of any necessary changes should be from the community itself, not from me flipping switches on the back-end.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    5/09/2013 9:29pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You do, and I'll do whatever I can to try and make it.
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=120777

There you go.
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast