Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/09/2013 4:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fra Lio View Post
    I don't want any attention focused on me beyond reasonable responses to a simple statement. Some people here feel entitled to be dicks, especially to new members, without any justification for their implied superiority beyond the fact that they've posted here longer.

If a guy like Omega was being a dick to me, it's probably because I deserved it. But Omega organizes Throwdowns, has a fight record, and has accomplishments in both the Martial Arts and the Bullshido investigations, while W. Rabbit has only accomplished... posting on Bullshido.

Do you see the point I'm getting at here? Heck, this place would be a lot more noob friendly, which was the question posed on Yahoo Answers, if everyone was required to attend a Throwdown before they earned the right to tell someone to "shut the **** up".
    Have you stopped to consider the simpler fact that maybe just maybe Rabbit is just a dick? It has nothing to do with you being a noob or you?

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    5/09/2013 4:55pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So where's the list of assholes here, huh? Huh?!?! *pokes chest then flicks nose when they look down*

HUH?!?!? Oh you don't have a list. ARE YOU GONNA CRY ABOUT IT?!?!?

Posted On:
    5/09/2013 5:09pm

Style: bjj/judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't want any attention focused on me beyond reasonable responses to a simple statement. Some people here feel entitled to be dicks, especially to new members, without any justification for their implied superiority beyond the fact that they've posted here longer.

If a guy like Omega was being a dick to me, it's probably because I deserved it. But Omega organizes Throwdowns, has a fight record, and has accomplishments in both the Martial Arts and the Bullshido investigations, while W. Rabbit has only accomplished... posting on Bullshido.

Do you see the point I'm getting at here? Heck, this place would be a lot more noob friendly, which was the question posed on Yahoo Answers, if everyone was required to attend a Throwdown before they earned the right to tell someone to "shut the **** up".
    Unless your initial post was made accidentally because you're not used to your newly found powers of telekinesis, of course you did this for attention. You made a post to be read and reacted to by the reader and to elicit a response. Its pretty much the basis of any internet forum.

To look at any community, internet or otherwise, from the outside and decide that the response its provoked within yourself means that there is something wrong with said community instead your worldview means that you have cognitive distortions in your thought process. You need to grow(and harden) the **** up.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/09/2013 5:19pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, and people also feel they should be coddled and have their hands held when they act like assholes. There is a happy medium that can be found, but no one wants to broach that subject.

You just argued for entitlemnt while complaining about it earlier. Oh and W.Rabbit has helped on a few investigations.

Do you see the point I'm getting at here?
    No, because you used a poor example. I can get you MULTIPLE threads, with this entire argument, used at Omega's expense. Yes, that's me saying Omega has been called a dick. Also, attending TDs excludes people that have fight records, teaching credentials, competitions and on and on. Also, you missed the TD problem of the past, otherwise you wouldn't be holding that up as a form of entitlement to talk trash.

Heck, this place would be a lot more noob friendly, which was the question posed on Yahoo Answers, if everyone was required to attend a Throwdown before they earned the right to tell someone to "shut the **** up".
    As someone, a BJJ Brown Belt now, basically said once, "why attend a TD when I can train in my gym and use the money to attend a seminar."

This is paraphrased, but you get the argument.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 5/09/2013 5:30pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/09/2013 5:32pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm still a dick? Damn, I've been striving for universal assholedness for so many years.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/09/2013 5:34pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    I'm still a dick?
    According to many a noob.

Damn, I've been striving for universal assholedness for so many years.
    Don't worry, you've got that on lock down.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    5/09/2013 5:35pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heck, this place would be a lot more noob friendly, which was the question posed on Yahoo Answers, if everyone was required to attend a Throwdown before they earned the right to tell someone to "shut the **** up".
    Uh, a lot of the "shut the **** up" crowd has already attended at least one throwdown.

Posted On:
    5/09/2013 5:53pm

Style: Kendo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I feel like I have the right to straighten people out from time to time. As others have said I have better ways to spend my training bucks than attending a throwdown.

Posted On:
    5/09/2013 6:00pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    I screencaptured this for the sake of people who don't have the stomach to respond to stupidity.
    It's not so much the lack stomach, it's more a cost benefit analysis between the hella fun of poking fun at stupidity weighed against actually having to sign-up to
    Yahoo Answers.

Yahoo Answers is like an online version of bath salts. Not even once.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2013 6:28pm

Style: Jeet Kune Do

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    I'm still a dick? Damn, I've been striving for universal assholedness for so many years.
    Well, you were upset about your brother not sharing his ass...
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast