Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 3:22pm

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    That comment about not wanting to send a PM made me laugh though. It reminds me of the type of person that complains bitterly when their remote dies and they have to get off the couch to change the channel.
    Well. Getting off the couch to change the channel wouldn't bother me... asking for permission to change the channel, on the other hand...

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 3:45pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    It never really occurred to me to "spread the word." A little encouragement from staff would probably go a long way towards effecting the changes you're looking for.
    Well we don't want to come off as evangelists, but yeah, go forth and be fishers of men... and women... provided they're not retarded.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 3:58pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We all win when everyone shuts the **** up and trains and occasionally contributes to martial arts with something useful, like an idea that deserves to be beaten to snot or a video of something cool that isn't a bullshit move or parlor trick.

We lose when people start debating the "meaning" of "shut the **** up and train" in terms of our feelings, self-esteem, something that more mature individuals know are not and should never be affected by postings on the World Wide Web.

Most internet users are young, self-absorbed pricks, male and female, who don't give a **** about Bullshido's forum rules, or that this is a martial arts site focused on hard training ("I'm bored let's talk about asparagus!")...

I guarantee you will not find many good martial artists in that group of people. You will find them among the people who contribute, get along with others in the community, and especially the ones who tell you to shut the **** up and train. Those are the people who care about you the most.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 4:16pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azatdawn View Post
    Well. Getting off the couch to change the channel wouldn't bother me... asking for permission to change the channel, on the other hand...
    Here's what I stated above,

Furthermore, any member here is welcome to PM me for feedback concerning any thread you want to post in the technique section.
    Did I say I require anyone to ask permission? No, I said you can IF YOU WANT TO.

Reading comprehension, do you have it?

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 4:20pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AKRhino View Post
    On a different subject, I'm about tired of reading about Gong Sau's that we all know are never going to happen from the start. I'm tired of seeing bitching and infighting. I don't want to see topics pinned at the top of the most used forum with mods or other site personnel calling out posters. This does not make for an inviting atmosphere to new posters (I assume we want new people?).
    We could debate this part all day. When this website was in high gear and the traffic was off the charts it was legit gong saus, lineage wars, TMA vs MMA, BJJihad, infighting, MABS, fake gong saus, stfu noob and who sucked at TDs that drove the website. Yes, even with people complaining about the things you just mentioned.

You know what happened?
    Everything disappeared, but lineage wars and TMA vs MMA. Your comment about fake gong saus is funny. We had what maybe 2 or 3 last year one was with Omega? Hell, we used to have that many a week.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 5/10/2013 4:23pm at .

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 4:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want to agree with Devil that this site has done its job, but I drive down the street and still see WAY too many strip mall places with a giant "Martial Arts Sign" you can just feel the bullshido pouring out of it.

As you watch the inhabitants sit in there and man dance and watch 7-8 year olds with cute little blacks belts come too and fro.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 4:33pm

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's what I stated above,

Did I say I require anyone to ask permission? No, I said you can IF YOU WANT TO.
    Sure. What you're suggesting can still sound like asking for permission, which, to me, is a... I don't want to say laughable, but still... let's say, a suggestion I would not take very seriously.

Reading comprehension, do you have it?
    Obviously not.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 4:40pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post

As you watch the inhabitants sit in there and man dance and watch 7-8 year olds with cute little blacks belts come too and fro.
    That's because you don't remember the other side of the equation. Enjoy what you do, just don't come here spewing **** and expect it not to be challenged.

That message has been received.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 7:42pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe we need something new to talk about. Maybe the site needs a new (or additional) mission. A new challenge. I think goodlun made a good point about the strip mall dojos. I was thinking the same thing last night. Maybe that's the final frontier in martial arts bullshit.

IIF is right. The general thought process here has always been to let martial artists be as silly as they want as long as they aren't defrauding people, making outrageous claims for personal gain, etc. But maybe it's time to use a new approach to target a new demographic - PARENTS WHO PAY MONEY FOR THEIR KIDS TO LEARN **** THAT WON'T KEEP THEM FROM GETTING BEATEN UP.

That demographic is untapped and those parents are clueless. I'm not suggesting we attack individual McDojos as if they were all run by Ashida Kim. But maybe a forum centered on promoting quality training for kids. Something that would be highly visible and immediately pop up on people's radars when they ask Google about martial arts for Little Johnny.

And yes, such a forum would have to be moderated with an iron fist like Newbietown. But the bullies would be motivated to be on their best behavior by understanding the secret evil plan to rid the world of strip mall McDojos.

This is an area in which Bullshido could still do good things and be relevant to the progress of martial arts. The MMA revolution has emptied the McDojos of able bodied men in their prime who want to know how to fight. I think Bullshido helped with that revolution. It helped me and I helped others after I learned better. Why don't we finish emptying these dojos?
    Last edited by Devil; 5/10/2013 7:46pm at .

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 9:26pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    That would be awesome, for entirely different reasons.
    I've met a couple of his "reasons," not all that great.
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213 LastLast