Hell yeah! Hell no!

NYC: Can anyone recommend a good dojo on UES or in Yonkers?

Hey, everyone.

Is there an area of this site that hosts or lists recommended dojos by city?

I'm looking for a good martial art for self defense (not mass marketed self defense, i.e. kick-in-the-balls training, but legit know-hot-to-fight-to-protect-yourself-and-your-loved-ones,-god-forbid-you-have-to training... I will potentially be in an area where I may have to use it, so I can't settle for fluff, I need a good instructor). I'd like an art where the defense techniques can be learned quickly (i.e. not an art that emphasizes forms and poses, but rather one of practicality). I have been dabbling in BJJ, boxing and Krav Maga. But I want something that trains in aliveness (BJJ did, boxing didn't but that's because I'm still not skilled enough for the ring and at Krav all we did every class was 30 minutes of warmups and then learn a strike or two which we practiced on a pad that our partner held, so I'm not sure if that's aliveness or not since he wasn't resisting). I like the classes I've been taking, but I need a class that I can get to easily so I can train more often. You guys know of a good defense school on the upper east side of Manhattan or in Yonkers, NY? I've been trekking down to lower Manhattan (most recently Fighthouse), but I can't do it anymore because it takes two hours of my life in traveling that I can't spare at the moment. Can anyone help me out? NY is full of these McDojos that market themselves to white collar wannabes, and although I've read the McDojo telltale signs on this awesome site, I'd prefer if someone here can recommend a few places that are reputable amongst the people here, since my ignorance has led me to taking classes at a McDojo or two.

Thanks!

Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Check out Westchester Fight Club, my old trainer is their muay thai instructor and he's awesome. I can't speak to any of the rest of their programs, but I guarantee you'll learn some legit muay thai, and it should be a lot quicker than commuting into Manhattan.

http://www.westchesterfightclub.com/

Style
    BJJ, Judo, JJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Might not be far enough uptown, but I've heard great things about

http://www.nycombatsambo.com/

Check out any of the reviews on BS, definitely legit.