Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/21/2013 1:37am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IronMikeGR View Post
    Hey there , i am a new member , joined yesterday and its my first post
    I started ma 2.5 years ago and i was around 92 kg back then , after some hard decisions and much training i managed to lose 20kg in 5 months or so [April 2012-September 2013]
    Anyway my problem is that i still have a little bit of tiny fat in my belly and its bothering me , so i wanted to ask you whats the quickest way to lose that
    I quit ma for 3 months cause i had exams and stuff to do [Was training in kickboxing] And this week im going to join a mma club near me
    You've gotten a lot of good suggestions already. I'd like to ask: what does your core workout look like now?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2013 4:15am

supporting member
     Style: Tang Soo Don't Retired

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    I was in a similar predicament a few months back. I'd hit a plateu where I wasn;t losing any more fat from excesise so I re-evaluated my diet habits. I've been having good luck getting those last stubborn pounds off by simply being a more picky eater.

More specifically, sticking to "slow foods" chosen for nutritional content. And not so much a diet of "only eat XXXX" but more or less cutting and minimising specific things that contribute to retention of fat and water.

Here's what I'm not eating:

Processed foods. Refined sugars. Refined carbohydrates. Chemical preservatives. Sodium (salt). All of these things will counter your progress.

One comon dilema when losing this stuff however, is that crash diets may make you lose fat, but they take your muscle and energy with them. How can you work out if you're wasting away. right?

My solution? Quinoa and hard boiled eggs.

Both are very high in protein, low in fat and free from sugar, salt or chemical preservatives. So your body has planty of fuel for energy and can maintain muscle groth as well.

I don't eat them exclusively. I use them to sumplement a "slow food" diet rich in vegetables and fresh meats (chicken and fish especially). Peanut butter is another good suplemental (I buy Adam's because they don't put any chemicals or sugars in it. It does have some salt though...) The goal is "very high protein, very high fiber, low fat, low sugar, low carb, NO CHEMICALS".

I buy wild rice mix instead of instant white rice.

I buy greens (kale, collard, chard ect...) instead of ice berg lettuce.

I buy whole grain flour and make my own crackers and flat breads insted of buying them from the store (ensuring a lack of additives).

I buy sweet potatoes instead of instant mashed.

I only put salt on one meal a day and avoid processed foods and sodas as much as possible. (They are heavy with the sodium.)

When it's time for sweets, I'll eat fruits or make something using raw sugars (brown, palm, molases, honey, ect...).

I make giant pitchers of ice tea and fruit juice at home so I don't crave sweetened beverages.

I use real milk instead of non dairy creamers.

I eat nuts (unsalted), pickles, fruits and cheese (real cheese) for snacks instead of candy bars or chips.

I try to make enough healthy food for dinner that I can pack the leftovers for lunch instead of eating out.

By sticking to this 90% of the time (and staying active of course) I've escaped the plateu and am on my way to a six pack an a v-cut. I've got muscles on my back where there used to be a fat roll. I ain't adonis, but compared to how I looked and felt three years ago I am very proud of my progress.

The other 10% of the time? Well, that's "special treat" time. It's very difficult to change lifestyle overnight. So I moderate and indulge maybe once or twice a week with a single soda pop or scoop of ice cream or something. Or if I'm working out enought to be ravenously hungry I'll have big resturant meal with all the fixings on the weekend. That keeps the cravings at bay, while not tottaly countering all the healthy stuff I'm eating the other six days a week. It also makes those small indulgences that much more enjoyable!

Something I've found as well is the more you eat fresh, slow foods the worse proceced food starts to taste and the easier it is to avoid the bad things.

That's what helping me reach my goals anyways, YMMV.

Good luck!
    What about Vitamin W?

Posted On:
    5/21/2013 7:08am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Getting below 8% bodyfat isn't difficult, maintaining it is. Whenever i drop below 10% I get ravenous to the point I'll eat 2 Mcdonalds meals, 2 desserts, a whole pizza and still feel like I'm starving to death while my stomach physically hurts from the meal. This feeling doesn't go away until I've put on weight back up to 11% or so.

Tips to losing last few pounds with minimum muscle loss:
    1.5g of protein per pound of lean body mass each day
    10-20% calorie deficit
    2-3x week weight session, pretty much any of the popular programs. You can cut volume to 1/3 to maintain muscle and not burn out from the low calories.
    Minimal cardio, there is some evidence that doing it fasted helps target stubborn fat deposits (lower back + abs for men, bum + legs for women).

Please note if you are a formerly fat man down to average bodyfat (13-15%) that the rules change from there on. The body is much more willing to lose its fat when you have plenty stored. Hormones go crazy and it is much harder to maintain muscle when pushing to be lean.

That being said, OP if you are 150 pound, 6'1' you do not need to lose any weight. I am the same height, 172 pound and so thin that people think i'm a drug addict when walking home from the gym.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Posted On:
    5/21/2013 7:46am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sang is right, he does look like a drug addict. Just kidding.

Intermittent Fasting. Lean Gains. These are things that served me well while training a shitload. There's a thread here recently on the topic. I was shredding the stomach fat and while I didn't so much care about the six pack, I was and am well on track to achieve a firm stomach.
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    5/21/2013 8:53am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I bet people crossed the street when they saw bearded you coming as well.

I wish i could put on some muscle mass, I just don't enjoy fighting people my size. At my weight/height i look 13 when my hair isn't cut and a crack addict when it is.

By the way, you are not following Lean Gains protocol. Its a calorie cycling diet (some days of the week deficit some surplus), you were in a hardcore deficit daily judging by your training and diet schedule.

Your diet is some kind of chicken killing, low carb, IF abomination. I bet you have 100 chicken breast recipes.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Posted On:
    5/21/2013 9:12am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, the weights days was surplus.
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234