Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2013 3:29pm

Style: Kickboxing , BJJ starter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    You can be 90 kg and mostly muscle or 90 kg and out of shape, but it's not too much weight for that height. Whereas 70 kg - I'm around 1.84m tall and when I get down close to 80 kg I start getting people asking if I'm sick.

Regarding height - When I said built like a distance runner I meant how skinny you are, not your height. Actually most high-performance runners aren't as tall as you.

Ohh okay , got it wrong
    So i need to get kgs now... this is gonna be a challenge

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2013 4:28pm

Style: JJJ/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IronMikeGR View Post
    Yeah but i wanna bulk up by not getting fat again >.> I weighted 90kg back then
    I'm the same height as you and weigh 85 kilos, my kickass sixpack weight is about 81 kilos but I hate dieting to get there so only do it occasionally. I'm far from an expert but you sound far too light and the answer is to get more muscles dude. Eat a little more and lift weights, if you look fatter in the mirror then drop the calories a little. Don't worry too much about the scales as you get bigger as muscle weight is good, go by eye if you can't get your BF% measured properly.

Posted On:
    5/09/2013 4:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was in a similar predicament a few months back. I'd hit a plateu where I wasn;t losing any more fat from excesise so I re-evaluated my diet habits. I've been having good luck getting those last stubborn pounds off by simply being a more picky eater.

More specifically, sticking to "slow foods" chosen for nutritional content. And not so much a diet of "only eat XXXX" but more or less cutting and minimising specific things that contribute to retention of fat and water.

Here's what I'm not eating:

Processed foods. Refined sugars. Refined carbohydrates. Chemical preservatives. Sodium (salt). All of these things will counter your progress.

One comon dilema when losing this stuff however, is that crash diets may make you lose fat, but they take your muscle and energy with them. How can you work out if you're wasting away. right?

My solution? Quinoa and hard boiled eggs.

Both are very high in protein, low in fat and free from sugar, salt or chemical preservatives. So your body has planty of fuel for energy and can maintain muscle groth as well.

I don't eat them exclusively. I use them to sumplement a "slow food" diet rich in vegetables and fresh meats (chicken and fish especially). Peanut butter is another good suplemental (I buy Adam's because they don't put any chemicals or sugars in it. It does have some salt though...) The goal is "very high protein, very high fiber, low fat, low sugar, low carb, NO CHEMICALS".

I buy wild rice mix instead of instant white rice.

I buy greens (kale, collard, chard ect...) instead of ice berg lettuce.

I buy whole grain flour and make my own crackers and flat breads insted of buying them from the store (ensuring a lack of additives).

I buy sweet potatoes instead of instant mashed.

I only put salt on one meal a day and avoid processed foods and sodas as much as possible. (They are heavy with the sodium.)

When it's time for sweets, I'll eat fruits or make something using raw sugars (brown, palm, molases, honey, ect...).

I make giant pitchers of ice tea and fruit juice at home so I don't crave sweetened beverages.

I use real milk instead of non dairy creamers.

I eat nuts (unsalted), pickles, fruits and cheese (real cheese) for snacks instead of candy bars or chips.

I try to make enough healthy food for dinner that I can pack the leftovers for lunch instead of eating out.

By sticking to this 90% of the time (and staying active of course) I've escaped the plateu and am on my way to a six pack an a v-cut. I've got muscles on my back where there used to be a fat roll. I ain't adonis, but compared to how I looked and felt three years ago I am very proud of my progress.

The other 10% of the time? Well, that's "special treat" time. It's very difficult to change lifestyle overnight. So I moderate and indulge maybe once or twice a week with a single soda pop or scoop of ice cream or something. Or if I'm working out enought to be ravenously hungry I'll have big resturant meal with all the fixings on the weekend. That keeps the cravings at bay, while not tottaly countering all the healthy stuff I'm eating the other six days a week. It also makes those small indulgences that much more enjoyable!

Something I've found as well is the more you eat fresh, slow foods the worse proceced food starts to taste and the easier it is to avoid the bad things.

That's what helping me reach my goals anyways, YMMV.

Good luck!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2013 6:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    I was in a similar predicament a few months back. I'd hit a plateu where I wasn;t losing any more fat from excesise so I re-evaluated my diet habits. I've been having good luck getting those last stubborn pounds off by simply being a more picky eater.

More specifically, sticking to "slow foods" chosen for nutritional content. And not so much a diet of "only eat XXXX" but more or less cutting and minimising specific things that contribute to retention of fat and water.

Here's what I'm not eating:

Processed foods. Refined sugars. Refined carbohydrates. Chemical preservatives. Sodium (salt). All of these things will counter your progress.

One comon dilema when losing this stuff however, is that crash diets may make you lose fat, but they take your muscle and energy with them. How can you work out if you're wasting away. right?

My solution? Quinoa and hard boiled eggs.

Both are very high in protein, low in fat and free from sugar, salt or chemical preservatives. So your body has planty of fuel for energy and can maintain muscle groth as well.

I don't eat them exclusively. I use them to sumplement a "slow food" diet rich in vegetables and fresh meats (chicken and fish especially). Peanut butter is another good suplemental (I buy Adam's because they don't put any chemicals or sugars in it. It does have some salt though...) The goal is "very high protein, very high fiber, low fat, low sugar, low carb, NO CHEMICALS".

I buy wild rice mix instead of instant white rice.

I buy greens (kale, collard, chard ect...) instead of ice berg lettuce.

I buy whole grain flour and make my own crackers and flat breads insted of buying them from the store (ensuring a lack of additives).

I buy sweet potatoes instead of instant mashed.

I only put salt on one meal a day and avoid processed foods and sodas as much as possible. (They are heavy with the sodium.)

When it's time for sweets, I'll eat fruits or make something using raw sugars (brown, palm, molases, honey, ect...).

I make giant pitchers of ice tea and fruit juice at home so I don't crave sweetened beverages.

I use real milk instead of non dairy creamers.

I eat nuts (unsalted), pickles, fruits and cheese (real cheese) for snacks instead of candy bars or chips.

I try to make enough healthy food for dinner that I can pack the leftovers for lunch instead of eating out.

By sticking to this 90% of the time (and staying active of course) I've escaped the plateu and am on my way to a six pack an a v-cut. I've got muscles on my back where there used to be a fat roll. I ain't adonis, but compared to how I looked and felt three years ago I am very proud of my progress.

The other 10% of the time? Well, that's "special treat" time. It's very difficult to change lifestyle overnight. So I moderate and indulge maybe once or twice a week with a single soda pop or scoop of ice cream or something. Or if I'm working out enought to be ravenously hungry I'll have big resturant meal with all the fixings on the weekend. That keeps the cravings at bay, while not tottaly countering all the healthy stuff I'm eating the other six days a week. It also makes those small indulgences that much more enjoyable!

Something I've found as well is the more you eat fresh, slow foods the worse proceced food starts to taste and the easier it is to avoid the bad things.

That's what helping me reach my goals anyways, YMMV.

Good luck!

Very well explained , thanks for your answers people :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 4:27pm

Style: Injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bro, if I may...

I'd say to stop worrying about scale weight it really doesn't mean ****.

You could be 80kg and 7% body fat and you'll look huge and ripped.

You could be 70kg and 15% body fat and you'll look skinny as hell.

A pound of muscle is much less mass than a pound of fat so you'll be heavier if you're muscular than if you're fat at the same size (theoretically).
    .Name:  tumblr_m656pbTsqO1r4sm49o1_500.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  14.8 KB

Start worrying about fat percentage, if you want to look good naked.

If I were you I'd do a slow (clean) bulk maybe 500 calories over maintenance.

You're skinny. Come to think of it I was the exact same weight a year ago at the exact same height. No six pack, probably around 13% fat.

Now I'm 90kg at 20% fat. But I'm not training for aesthetics, for you it's obviously different. You'll bulk up slower and as a result you'll get less fat.

I have a theory...

Back when I was 70kg, I trained intensely 6 days a week, wrestling and Judo, and 2-4 miles run every morning, all while being on a strict low calorie diet (1200-1500kcal).

And I couldn't go below 13% body fat no matter how much I trained or how little I ate. I did the same routine for a whole year, no change.

My cardio was through the roof and it would take a lot to get me tired, but other than that I looked weak. I was skinnyfat.

My theory is to get to ridiculous bodyfat percentages for abs (<10%) and you ain't genetically gifted or naturally lean, you have to have a lot of lean body mass so your body could burn more calories as maintenance and in training.

Someone 6 feet tall with 13% bodyfat at 70kg doesn't have much lean body mass to begin with (61kg), even 1500kcals (a measly amount) could just be maintenance.

Whereas someone 6 feet tall at 90kg with 20% body fat has much more lean body mass (72kg), and therefore could get cut easily.

Bigger muscles consume more calories, simple as that.

It also sucked to eat so little and train so much I felt like **** constantly.

But I suck at nutrition, where's Russ?
    Last edited by Mister; 5/10/2013 4:40pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2013 4:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For further illustration, these people weigh the same: (around 90kg)

Name:  jesse_lile_asm.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  5.7 KB Click image for larger version. 

Name:	main_lazar.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	14820

But which of them administers a heavier dose of t3h s3xy? (no homo)

Stop worrying about your weight, man.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2013 12:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post

I'm not worrying about my fat , just want it to go , xD
    The last pic looks like plastic tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post

Posted On:
    5/11/2013 3:11pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

They rubbed him down with Crisco just for the occassion.

Hell, homeboy there spent all week practicing Blue Steel in the miror.

Totally premeditated, brah. Totaly premeditated...

Posted On:
    5/11/2013 6:47pm

Style: Does exercise count?

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A few people in this thread suggested that gaining muscle is going to boost your metabolism significantly so that you'll have an easier time losing weight. This is unfortunately a myth. Building and having muscle are very important for a whole host of things, but losing weight is not one of them.

Referenced source: http://weightology.net/?p=192

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2013 6:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Jazz View Post
    A few people in this thread suggested that gaining muscle is going to boost your metabolism significantly so that you'll have an easier time losing weight. This is unfortunately a myth. Building and having muscle are very important for a whole host of things, but losing weight is not one of them.

Referenced source: http://weightology.net/?p=192
    Thanks man very informative.

Bad news for me.

I said weight, not fat.

Because scale weight doesn't mean a thing. Fat percentage is more appropriate.

CLEARLY you ain't paying attention, bro.

Good luck with your six pax though.
    Last edited by Mister; 5/11/2013 6:58pm at .
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast