Bob Marley,
    "Babylon system is the vampire,
    Suckiní the children day by day,
    Me say: de Babylon system is the vampire, falling empire,
    Suckiní the blood of the sufferers,
    Building church and university,
    Deceiving the people continually,
    Me say them graduatiní thieves and murderers;
    Look out now: they suckiní the blood of the sufferers.
    Yea-ea-ea! (sufferers)

Tell the children the truth."

After the gunmen shot and injured Bob Marley, Rita Marley, and others, Marley and his friends fled to their Blue Mountain retreat, where machete wielding rastafarians provided security. A hippie photographer who'd been doing photo shoots was the only outsider to accompany Bob's group.

The photographer gave Bob a pair of boots and when Bob put them on he cried OUCH and pulling off the boots a sharp copper wire was found sticking in the leather. The injured toe was broken six months later in a soccer game in London and found to be cancerous. The cancer killed Marley.

The "hippie" was Carl Colby, son of William Colby, aka Central Intelligence Agency Director William Egan Colby.

"Bill" Colby and his wife Barbara were drinking buddies with my parents. He was actually, for the CIA, an honest honorable man and a liberal. He was murdered, but that's another thread.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

There's not enough words to describe my existence.

Posted On:
    5/08/2013 1:23pm

supporting member
     Style: No Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan View Post
    The "hippie" was Carl Colby, son of William Colby, aka Central Intelligence Agency Director William Egan Colby.

"Bill" Colby and his wife Barbara were drinking buddies with my parents. He was actually, for the CIA, an honest honorable man and a liberal. He was murdered, but that's another thread.
    There is no evidence he was murdered, and in fact IF he was his own son Carl believes the murderer was, in fact William himself.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...tml?1323131905

So there's drowning as a result of natural causes as the official cause of death ("drowning and hypothermia associated with arteriosclerotic cardiovascular disease" to be specific)....

Colby had severe plaque buildup in his arteries, and not just any arteries: specifically the left, anterior descending artery -- known for producing heart attacks so massive that it's nicknamed the widow-maker.
    ....or suicide as speculated by his son (based on personal experience and put into film) ...

....and finally there is yet another conspiracy theory with no evidence by Pat, which I already know the family doesn't support.

Must be Wednesday.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 5/08/2013 1:27pm at .

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    5/08/2013 1:36pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I feel that the strange thing about Bob Marley is that he became the ONLY reggae artist to so many people. There are plenty of folks with Bob Marley shirts who know all the songs, but couldn't tell you anything about Toots Hibbert or Jimmy Cliff. Peter Tosh says that the reason Marley was widely accepted while Tosh wasn't, despite some of Marley's well-known songs actually being Tosh's, is because Bob Marley was half white but Tosh was too black for America to like him. But not everybody knows Marley was half white and few Americans would look at him and see a white guy.

If we accept that there's some sort of New World Order conspiracy that poisoned Marley (in a way that killed him over half a year later for some reason), what was the goal? To prevent the international masses from learning the non-corporate messages of Mother Reggae? You'd have to be one of those Marley-only fans to think that he was the only person shouting it. Taking down Trojan Records would've been a better solution.

Considering the toe-cancer story: getting someone to stab themself in the toe in a way that gives them cancer 6 months later seems very unlikely. For one, they told him he could have his toe amputated when the cancer was found. He declined due to his Rastafari beliefs, but what if he hadn't? The assassination attempt, now 6 months into it, could've been fixed by a doctor with a knife. Wouldn't a car or plane "accident" be a more sure and timely way of doing the deed while still looking very accidental? Or trying to shoot him a 2nd time?

Also, would killing just Bob really stop the message? His sons Stephen, Damian, Ziggy and Ky Mani are all somewhat popular musicians preaching the same sort of stuff.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/08/2013 1:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did intend that this is about Bob Marley and the "coincidences" involving Carl. I know Carl, having spent 5th and 6th grade with him - I wouldn't use his statements about suicide as meaningful, other than ask what spin is intended and by whom.

Again, the topic is Bob Marley. Some other time I can dig up the statements from local fishermen and boaters about the placement of Colby's body and such, and that all of his friends, associates and family, except for Carl insist that suicide does not fit in anyway his personality. Again, this is about the demise of Robert Marley, not a debate on William's demise, that can be done, but it will take more time and effort and can be another topic.

If you want to know more about US activities in Jamaica there is plenty available - not the cheeriest history.

Marley's assassination was part of the ongoing armed struggle between Michael Manley's People's National Party (PNP), with its affiliation to Castro and Russia, and the Jamaican Labour Party (JLP), headed by Edward Seaga, dubbed in widespread graffiti as 'CIA-ga' because of the American secret service's overt support of his team.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    5/08/2013 1:58pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I had a dime for every college kid who had never heard of Johnny Nash...

Posted On:
    5/08/2013 2:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did intend that this is about Bob Marley and the "coincidences" involving Carl. I know Carl, having spent 5th and 6th grade with him - I wouldn't use his statements about suicide as meaningful, other than ask what spin is intended and by whom.

Some other time I can dig up the statements from local fishermen and boaters about the placement of Colby's body and such, and that all of his friends, associates and family, except for Carl insist that suicide does not fit in anyway his personality. Again, this is about the demise of Robert Marley, not a debate on William's demise, that can be done, but it will take more time and effort and can be another topic.
    You created the debate on William' demise, by making an unsubstantiated claim for which you have no evidence aside from vague 3rd party accounts of people who found his boat that are circumstantial and who knows what other conspiracy hooey off the internet, right?

But once again you can't control your delusion and you make a quantum leap from circumstantial 3rd party accounts to murder. Note that no one in the family believes he was murdered. Why don't you go interview them Pat, if you're going to level accusations like that at least do some actual detective work other than Google and your imagination.

You don't know **** about the CIA other than what you read on your conspiracy sites. That and you once were in grade school with someone's kid.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 5/08/2013 2:16pm at .

Posted On:
    5/08/2013 2:10pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Marley's assassination was part of the ongoing armed struggle between Michael Manley's People's National Party (PNP), with its affiliation to Castro and Russia, and the Jamaican Labour Party (JLP), headed by Edward Seaga, dubbed in widespread graffiti as 'CIA-ga' because of the American secret service's overt support of his team.
    This is actually more reasonable than the NWO conspiracy I thought you were hinting at. Given US policies like with United Fruit and Vietnam I'd believe that they'd kill a guy for bolstering support for a potential communist politician. I still doubt its the case though. When the CIA wants to kill people, they fucking kill them, not vaguely poison them so they might die months after the fact perhaps.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2013 2:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bob Marley,
    "Babylon system is the vampire,
    Suckiní the children day by day,
    Me say: de Babylon system is the vampire, falling empire,
    Suckiní the blood of the sufferers,
    Building church and university,
    Deceiving the people continually,
    Me say them graduatiní thieves and murderers;
    Look out now: they suckiní the blood of the sufferers.
    Yea-ea-ea! (sufferers)

Tell the children the truth."

After the gunmen shot and injured Bob Marley, Rita Marley, and others, Marley and his friends fled to their Blue Mountain retreat, where machete wielding rastafarians provided security. A hippie photographer who'd been doing photo shoots was the only outsider to accompany Bob's group.

The photographer gave Bob a pair of boots and when Bob put them on he cried OUCH and pulling off the boots a sharp copper wire was found sticking in the leather. The injured toe was broken six months later in a soccer game in London and found to be cancerous. The cancer killed Marley.

First, is there a source for this?

Second, are you seriously trying to get us to believe that the CIA murdered Bob Marley by giving him toe cancer by putting some super-carcinogen on a wire inside a boot and arranging it so that he would poke his toe on it?

And that's more plausible than that Bob Marley happened to poke his toe on something in a boot six months before they diagnosed him as having toe cancer? If that actually happened, for which the evidence is ... ? And the evidence that they even had cancer-causing substances that worked like that is (PLEASE DON'T SAY DR. MARY'S MONKEYS PLEASE DON'T SAY DR. MARY'S MONKEYS) ... ?

Posted On:
    5/08/2013 4:12pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Three points:
    1) the ongoing theme of these posts is the CIA and/or America are responsible for all the worlds ills. This is incredibly negatively nationalistic in a bizarre reverse way: it implies non-Americans don't matter on the world stage.
    2) the posts suggest we should be shocked that the Cold War led to messiness. Given ALL information it is quite possible the CIA was doing the right thing.
    3) accusations and vague innuendo without evidence can quickly get offensive to victims and survivors of unfortunate events

Posted On:
    5/08/2013 4:50pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    the ongoing theme of these posts is the CIA and/or America are responsible for all the worlds ills.
    To imply that the things Pat has mentioned represent all the world's ills is "incredibly negatively nationalistic in a bizarre reverse way"
    This is incredibly negatively nationalistic in a bizarre reverse way:
    for a simpler phrase, try "nationalistic" :)

it implies non-Americans don't matter on the world stage.
    If the implication was that Americans don't matter on the world stage, why would he use examples where the CIA became involved with foreigners? Doesn't the CIA know they don't matter?

2) the posts suggest we should be shocked that the Cold War led to messiness. Given ALL information it is quite possible the CIA was doing the right thing.
    What, specifically, do you mean by "doing the right thing"?
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast