Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/06/2013 7:37am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Mainiacs

Looking for some help finding teachers/training partners up in the Bangor, Maine region. Basically I'm looking for any Trad CMA in my area and aside from six old ladies doing tai chi at the Y I'm striking out. I've got 20+ years in Japanese MA and self-defense, but injuries, age and politics have kind of burned me out. I want to keep training, so I'm looking for new opportunities and I've always had an interest in CMA. External, internal, in the gym or in your backyard - give me a shout.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2013 2:10pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gym if u wonna look good, martial art backyard if u wonna be the master :P

Posted On:
    5/26/2013 4:31pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you considered trying out FMA? Sounds like you've got a fair amount of martial arts training under your belt so you should be pretty good at empty hands. See if there are any Filipino martial arts groups in your area and try out a weapons based system. With FMA you'll see the carry over from weapons to empty hand and most FMA groups have guys with various martial arts backgrounds. As far as training goes FMA is pretty easy on the body. Systems vary but usually there are forms. Of course, there are exceptions but for the most part the weapon takes all the abuse.

Posted On:
    5/28/2013 6:56am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good advice. I'll look around for FMA, too. I'm kind of at the end of the world up here in central Maine, but I'm keeping my eyes open.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/28/2013 1:47pm

Style: wing chun

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know much about Bangor, but there's a pretty badass kid Mark Petrie who used to be in Jerusalem's Lot. Don't know if he has his own school.