Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2013 12:40pm

Style: Brazillian Jiu Jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicpoet View Post

MMA USED to simulate street fighting. But then it was changed as rules were necessarily added to it.

I fixed that for you

On hiatus

Posted On:
    5/06/2013 12:50pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    If a big guy with an AR15 gets in a fight with a little guy with an AR15, the MMA guy is sure to win unless the boxer knees him in the spine.
    Are we talking about streetfights in Liberia now?

Is the big guy 15 years old and the little guy 7?

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2013 1:23pm

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    long post
    So, what's your point about MMA not being street fighting again and how does it relate to your opinion that Mayorga should have lost?

Also, in your analogy... do you think it would be possible for Ken Shamrock to be dominated for two rounds, then land a lucky punch and KO Sylvera Louis?

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/06/2013 1:31pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow! Some of you must think Ricardo Mayorga's a beast! One of you actually compared Mayorga to Ronda Rousey.

(If you're going to compare Rousey to a boxer who's switched to MMA, compare her to Holly Holm. That's a better equivalent.)

I explained multiple reasons why Mayorga should have lost his debut, including:

• He's old and faded, not just in chronological age but in ring years too. Mayorga is the definition of shopworn.
    • He treats his body like ****. Some of you think that him being overweight should have given him an advantage. Nope, it just shows he didn't bother coming in shape.
    • He had no MMA experience.

At this point I'm just retreading what I've already said. But since some of you still think Mayorga is someone to be feared in the octagon, let me give you something that will speak to you.

Imagine if Ken Shamrock came out of retirement and he wanted to try his hand at boxing right now. Let's also say his opponent was a club fighter rather than a prospect. Actually, let me be even more specific.

Let's say Ken Shamrock was fighting Sylvera Louis in his debut.

Who should win? Shamrock or Louis? Should it be Shamrock since he's a highly decorated UFC fighter who gave Royce Gracie? Or should it be Louis — a man who got KOed by Andriy Ivanov (Record: 3-6) in Round 1?

I'm unabashed in who I think should win. Louis should blow Shamrock right out of the water. In a boxing match, it wouldn't even be a fight.

I was expecting the exact same thing to happen to Mayorga in his MMA debut. He had no business being in the octagon. He had no business winning — even by illegal means.

In short, Ricardo Mayorga = Ken Shamrock.
    I love how you constantly prove you are an irrational boxing nutrider. I also enjoy how the guy, atomicpoet, screaming "ALL THINGS EQUAL EXCEPT SIZE" is trumpeting the exact opposite to prove his "unabashed" opinion on who should win. Oh yes, I know you just backed off of it NOW, when you were caught being a hypocrite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azatdawn View Post
    Also, in your analogy... do you think it would be possible for Ken Shamrock to be dominated for two rounds, then land a lucky punch and KO Sylvera Louis?
    STFU, he has a point to irrationally defend.
    Please continue, atomicpoet, your stupid is hilarious.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 5/06/2013 1:45pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2013 2:02pm

Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azatdawn View Post
    Of course, it's possible. Everything is possible.

But still, do I think an old, past-his-prime Shamrock has any business winning a pro boxing match now? No.

I think any boxer who's not a tomato can should trounce today's version of Shamrock. I also believe any MMA fighter who's not a tomato can should trounce today's version of Mayorga.

As to what this has to do with MMA and streetfighting? Well, I had a point originally, but it seems everyone already agrees that MMA is not streetfighting, so it's pretty much irrelevant.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/06/2013 2:07pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MMA Nick Diaz (9-3) vs Boxer Alfonso Rocha (0-0)
    Winner: Nick Diaz.

Let's say Nick Diaz was fighting Alfonso Rocha in his debut.

Who should win? Diaz or Rocha? Should it be Diaz since he's a highly decorated UFC fighter who gave Georges St-Pierre? Or should it be Rocha a man who was in his debut (Record: 0-0) but trained under the ruleset?

I'm unabashed in who I think should win. Rocha should blow Diaz right out of the water. In a boxing match, it wouldn't even be a fight.
    Excuses goooooo...................now.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    5/06/2013 2:08pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of course, it's possible. Everything is possible.

But still, do I think an old, past-his-prime Shamrock has any business winning a pro boxing match now? No.

I think any boxer who's not a tomato can should trounce today's version of Shamrock. I also believe any MMA fighter who's not a tomato can should trounce today's version of Mayorga.

As to what this has to do with MMA and streetfighting? Well, I had a point originally, but it seems everyone already agrees that MMA is not streetfighting, so it's pretty much irrelevant.
    What's with you and the "has no business" crap? Haven't you ever watched the MMA reruns hosted by that skinny chick with the legs that go on forever? Old washed up fighter nails favorite with a crushing left hook. Favorite takes a nap. The end. That's the business.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/06/2013 2:14pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Cherry picking....YES let me play.

39 years old retired, old, past his prime MMA fighter who stated "I never thought I'd fight again!" vs a 40 years old past his prime CHAMPIONSHIP TITLE WINNING BOXER.

Yes, I can absolutely see the MMA fighter losing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2013 2:18pm

Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Excuses goooooo...................now.
    They were both debutantes. Could have gone either way.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2013 2:18pm

Style: grappling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really dumb ****.
    Except Ken Shamrock is 49, hasn't fought in 6 or 7 years, would be competing in a style that specifically eliminates his style of fighting and even still odds are he would do well.

This is all besides the point that Tiffer and Mayorga are the same age and haven't had fights for years.

Wanna change your arguement a little bit?
Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast