225240 Bullies, 4152 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 271 to 280 of 358
Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182425262728 29303132 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Katje is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    641

    Posted On:
    5/09/2013 7:30pm


     Style: Escrima n00b

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StayGuapa95 View Post
    I've called him a dolphin after he made mispelled purpose.

    I've called other people mangosteens. I've read other threads posted to day and that shows me that you guys treat people far worse. Maybe not you, personally, but I'm suprised that no one has just told me to shut the **** up, kill myself, or anything like that.
    This is probably largely due to the fact that Rock Ape is away playing golf. Personally I am seldom abusive towards anyone on the boards, but I'm also quite surprised that there hasn't been that kind of a reaction. You have been contemptuous and sarcastic to everyone who is trying to have a constructive discussion with you, even if they come down on your side.

    Also, I hasten to add, that you have made spelling mistakes too, but you haven't been hounded with insults for page after page of this discussion. While he clearly disagrees with your opinions goodlun hasn't actually insulted you, so it actually comes off as a weak attempt at being a bully.

    Meanwhile, I've been told I'm full of ****, basically been told I don't know anything about fighting when I made one positive comment about my experiences with Wing Chun trapping, and basically been told I don't know anything about self-defense, MMA, BJJ, or just fighting in general by most of the posters here. Thumbs down everywhere.

    So, yeah, I'm the passive-aggressive one.
    You were called full of **** by one poster on a different thread, that's the only actual attack (as such) that I can find against you. If that one incident or having your skills questioned upsets you such that you go on a derisive rampage against multiple users across multiple threads, then perhaps this isn't the right place for you.

    I don't mean that as a smear on your character - bullshido is kind of like a bloke's locker room - and insult slinging and a challenging atmosphere are part of the package. For some people this is unpleasant or stressful, but it's not going to change and so finding a community more suited to them is probably more productive than engaging in drawn-out arguments that aren't functionally going to change anything.

    I've already explained this. Would you like me to repeat myself?
    Yes please. I've scrolled through your posts again and it seems like you're saying 2 opposite things, so if you could condense it down into a summary that would be very helpful.
  2. IronMikeGR is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Greece , Athens
    Posts
    42

    Posted On:
    5/09/2013 7:35pm


     Style: Kickboxing , BJJ starter

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well MMA is a sport but imo it is very realistic as it offers both striking and ground game
    Things that can happen in a street fight
    Tho i'm going to agree that its better to train at one thing first
  3. jnp is offline
    jnp's Avatar

    Titanium laced beauty

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,230

    Posted On:
    5/09/2013 8:01pm

    supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

    7
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    I would love to see you armbar someone rape choking you from the mount or side control. Cause if you can do that you should try out for the next round of ADCC.
    Devil's advocate: I armbar people from under side mount or knee on belly all the time. All I need is a modest amount of space to pop my hips out and away from them. Of course, technically I've escaped their side control once I get my hips out far enough to throw my leg across their face.

    This does not apply to the mount position however.
  4. Kintanon is offline
    Kintanon's Avatar

    Yes, I am smarter than you are.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Athens, Ga
    Posts
    5,683

    Posted On:
    5/09/2013 8:12pm

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Devil's advocate: I armbar people from under side mount or knee on belly all the time. All I need is a modest amount of space to pop my hips out and away from them. Of course, technically I've escaped their side control once I get my hips out far enough to throw my leg across their face.

    This does not apply to the mount position however.
    I have one that from under side control exactly once and it was the most awesome look I have ever seen on my opponents face. Sadly I am not awesome enough to reproduce this reliably.
  5. Kintanon is offline
    Kintanon's Avatar

    Yes, I am smarter than you are.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Athens, Ga
    Posts
    5,683

    Posted On:
    5/09/2013 8:19pm

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Oh how cute yet another user who doesn't know the proper use of the strawman fallacy. Even after looking it up.

    I am sorry what argument am I building for you?

    I should note to the group at large. That has my grappling skill grow to match that of some of you such as Kintanon's my philosophy on the matter can very likely change. As I am sure he spends less effort and maintaining a dominate position giving him more confidence to use the headbut.

    Point of Order: All of my headbutting would be from inside guard when on top. I might CONTEMPLATE a headbutt from side control since it seems like the target area would line up, but I've never actually practiced that, whereas I have practiced headbutting to the solar plexus from top of guard.

    I would not headbutt from mount because I don't like how I would have to move to acquire the proper angle.

    Other people might or might not be able to use the headbutt successfully from those positions, and I can see advantages in being able to use both hands to control your opponent and still land a good solid blow if you train to use it and can apply it.

    I've never put headbutts in the same category as eye gouging and biting and ****. A headbutt is a pretty powerful blow and if it's something you manage to be able to train in an alive manner and get good at then I bet you can end the **** out of some fights with it.

    What I am skeptical of is that ANYONE in this thread is training headbutts in an alive manner.

    That's a decent mix of training and quite a workload. In which class do you guys use headbutts in sparring?
    Last edited by Kintanon; 5/09/2013 8:22pm at . Reason: Found the post about where he trains
  6. jnp is offline
    jnp's Avatar

    Titanium laced beauty

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,230

    Posted On:
    5/09/2013 8:49pm

    supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    I have one that from under side control exactly once and it was the most awesome look I have ever seen on my opponents face. Sadly I am not awesome enough to reproduce this reliably.
    I shouldn't have said, "I get it all the time", in reference to side mount. From side mount, it only occurs in conjunction with sloppy control from on top.

    Knee on belly is a different matter though. All I need is a little space to move my hips away from them and it's there. To be sure, I have never successfully used this against a black belt, and only a few times with browns.

    I do use it to threaten the armbar and then escape back to guard against higher ranks though. In fact, the reason Goodlun's post reminded me of it is because I used it twice today to reguard against a black belt's KOB.
  7. bobyclumsyninja is offline
    bobyclumsyninja's Avatar

    :)

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    7,057

    Posted On:
    5/09/2013 10:06pm

    supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StayGuapa95 View Post
    Thumbs down everywhere.
    This part of the website is called YMAS (Your Martial Art Sucks). It is allowable to be snide, sarcastic, funny, silly etc in this section. The caveat is that it isn't just you who has this right/ability. If you are sideways, they have every right to drop insults back. That it hasn't happened more shocks me, although I suspect it's that people are holding out some hope, that you'll settle into some kind of productive posting pattern.

    One of the rules that does still stand here is no bitching about rep..

    Thumbs up, thumbs down, whatever. It's only a vehicle for posters to show approval or disapproval of a comment, without having to post about it. It does not define a poster. I have tons of rep, and I'm a fucking idiot.

    What isn't allowed, is complaining about it.

    Imagine YMAS as a bar. If the equivalent of someone nodding or shaking their head while you speak is enough to set you off, then you should restrict your int3rnets, especially on Bullshido.

    If you haven't, make an intro thread in newbietown, where only a single poster is allowed to give you **** (Omega the Merciless).

    Many martial arts websites use tags and faux titles for posting quality feedback and stuff, not here. If you see a military, law enforcement, BJJ Brown Belt, or whatever tag above someone's posts, know that they've actually submitted concrete proof of those credentials, to attain them (a couple are jokes, but they're self evident).

    If you make assertions, be prepared to back them up with credible referencing/substantiation, or just brace yourself for the shitstorm, either way....just don't cry about it.
  8. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,171

    Posted On:
    5/09/2013 10:15pm

    supporting member
     

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StayGuapa95 View Post
    I've called other people mangosteens. I've read other threads posted to day and that shows me that you guys treat people far worse. Maybe not you, personally, but I'm suprised that no one has just told me to shut the **** up, kill myself, or anything like that.

    Meanwhile, I've been told I'm full of ****, basically been told I don't know anything about fighting when I made one positive comment about my experiences with Wing Chun trapping, and basically been told I don't know anything about self-defense, MMA, BJJ, or just fighting in general by most of the posters here. Thumbs down everywhere.
    To be truly strong, the skin has to be thick both outside and in. Yours apparently needs work.

    Now shut the **** up and go train. It's the best advice I ever got on Bullshido.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 5/09/2013 10:22pm at .
  9. legomepanda is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Illinois. Yay.
    Posts
    434

    Posted On:
    5/09/2013 11:08pm


     Style: grappling

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would only use a headbutt while standing and when it's completely unexpected. Like during the "come at me bro" moment. Or during a boxing match.
  10. goodlun is online now
    goodlun's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona
    Posts
    5,127

    Posted On:
    5/10/2013 2:08am

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Point of Order: All of my headbutting would be from inside guard when on top. I might CONTEMPLATE a headbutt from side control since it seems like the target area would line up, but I've never actually practiced that, whereas I have practiced headbutting to the solar plexus from top of guard.

    I would not headbutt from mount because I don't like how I would have to move to acquire the proper angle.

    Other people might or might not be able to use the headbutt successfully from those positions, and I can see advantages in being able to use both hands to control your opponent and still land a good solid blow if you train to use it and can apply it.

    I've never put headbutts in the same category as eye gouging and biting and ****. A headbutt is a pretty powerful blow and if it's something you manage to be able to train in an alive manner and get good at then I bet you can end the **** out of some fights with it.

    What I am skeptical of is that ANYONE in this thread is training headbutts in an alive manner.

    That's a decent mix of training and quite a workload. In which class do you guys use headbutts in sparring?
    Thank you for this informative post.

    Here is the thing though, to make good use of that headbutt it sounds like you have to be able to maintain good wrist control of the guy on bottom. As if I didn't already know your a significantly better grappler than me the fact that you have the confidence that you will win and maintain that grip fight shows it.
    I personally would be very would be leary to get caught off posture and my head lying on someone chest.

    Mind you I do see the value in keeping the hands trapped and pounding away with the head. However I suspect to do it comfortably you're going to have to a very solid base in grappling.

    My strategy if I ended up in top guard on "the street" would 1st be happy that I managed to get to that position from some god awful one no doubt.
    2nd to break the guard disengage and run the **** away.

    As far as having trained alive with headbuts I have done some, however it has been a long while. The 1st BJJ gym I went to we would occasionally focus on "dirty" grappling more so that we learn how to defend against it.
Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182425262728 29303132 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.