Thread: tsuruoka

Style
    Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

tsuruoka

Just new to the forum only a few days now so i decided to make my first post. My MA background goes as follows.I started training in traditional chinese kenpo when i was in my early twenties and made my way up to a brown belt rank after a few years, give or take. Unfortunately not long before i was to come up to my black belt i moved to the US and trying to be a responsible adult i put away my gi and concentrated on my career. I trained on my own mostly to stay in fit and i eventually found a local dojo to train in . Well unfortunately again my career took up most of my time and MA was put on the backburner once again. Now i am ten years older, my buddy from home who i origionally trained in Kenpo with tells me i'm ten years slower but i see it that i'm ten years wiser. Anyhow, i have been looking at getting back into the MA scene and i have been noticing the popularity of tsuruoka growing here. Can anyone give a little personal insight to this style. I'm not looking to become a trained killer or anything, just trying to stay in shape in a way that i enjoy.

Style
    Judo Sandbagger
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Kickinwing,

Welcome to Bullshido.

I do not know that style, but there may be someone here who does. We have a CMA (chinese martial arts forum) that will be a good place to look for info.

You found this in NFLD? I love the Rock, sounds like a lively scene out there. It is hard to get back in, but easier with 10 years of rust than 20.

Best of luck with that,

KO'd

Style
    Shotokan Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sure, he gave me by black belt. I competed in the Tsuruoka Nationals in Newfoundland in 2009. I've done clinics with him every time he comes to my city. I can show you a video of me getting disqualified at the Tsuruoka Nationals in 2011. Our club is part of the Tsuruoka organization, but it's mostly based in Shotokan Karate. I like the way he does Karate. I hope that helps.