• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/01/2013 3:41pm

Style: Satanist and BJJ noob

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haha see my Systema training against all those non-resisting attackers may not be a total waste :) Fair play to the guy, tho he was fooking lucky, im guessing he got pissed off cos the robber cost him a 3star on angry birds or something.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/01/2013 3:50pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander View Post
    Hey Fake, should she change her name to Redtail?

Hey Fake, should she change her name to Redtail?
    PaleSkin.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    5/01/2013 4:27pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, if you have to go against a long gun in up close and personal range, its not that hard to get control of the weapon. Grab the barrel, with both hands, enough distance between the hands to enhance control of your weapon. See who has the better grip.

Actually, if you have to go against a long gun in up close and personal range, its not that hard to get control of the weapon. Grab the barrel, with both hands, enough distance between the hands to enhance control of your weapon. See who has the better grip.
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Posted On:
    5/03/2013 2:11pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Dog Brothers

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    --
    "This guy came right up to me with a ranged weapon. He must not know that guns work from far away. He must be a moron and not know what he is doing. Yoink."
    The main thing the attacker did wrong is get too close and not expect anyone to fight back.

Posted On:
    5/05/2013 7:32pm

Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can thank TV for teaching people that holding a gun barrel directly against the person you are trying to frighten is the best way to do it, because that is the only real chance you have against a gun. Someone standing further away is a major problem.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2013 4:26am

Style: Escrima n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theAsthmatic View Post
    To be fair, he could be very logical and not crazy at all. Maybe his thought process was as follows:

"This guy came right up to me with a ranged weapon. He must not know that guns work from far away. He must be a moron and not know what he is doing. Yoink."
    Quick question actually - I was watching a Krav Maga video with some of the guys from our gym where the Krav guys grab the barrells of guns in their "gun defense" drills like that guy in the clip did.

One of the gym guys piped up that if the attacker fired the weapon at that point then the defender would wind up with horribly burned hands. Is this true?

(Not that I'm saying burned hands < death, but I've been curious about this for a while and this seemed a relevant place to ask)

Posted On:
    5/06/2013 4:55am

Style: FMA/MMA/HEMA noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katje View Post
    Quick question actually - I was watching a Krav Maga video with some of the guys from our gym where the Krav guys grab the barrells of guns in their "gun defense" drills like that guy in the clip did.

One of the gym guys piped up that if the attacker fired the weapon at that point then the defender would wind up with horribly burned hands. Is this true?

(Not that I'm saying burned hands < death, but I've been curious about this for a while and this seemed a relevant place to ask)
    There's a video somewhere (I can't seem to find it) where a guy wraps a cloth around the barrel/slide of a hangun and then fires it, the cloth comes off pretty badly scorched and shredded.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2013 6:00pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post

As long as he doesn't pull the trigger!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12