Posted On:
    5/05/2013 3:45pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Gun buyback program for resale?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3219056.html

Just days after Gov. Jan Brewer signed a law designed to hinder police participation in gun buyback events, the city of Phoenix on Saturday held the first of three buybacks that organizers are calling the largest effort of its kind in the state's history.

The law Brewer signed April 29 takes effect this summer and requires cities and counties to sell surrendered weapons instead of destroying them.

That basically bars police and supporters of the events from accomplishing their key goal, cutting the number of guns on the streets, and police likely would not participate.
    I'm not going to argue right or wrong, but it is hilarious that you'll do a buy back program and then resell the guns. The purpose was to buy back guns and they were destroyed. I hope they buy for cheap and then make a huge profit.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 5/05/2013 3:48pm at .

Posted On:
    5/05/2013 5:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WTF? just WTF?
    Question how are they going to handle the illegal guns and destructive devices they get via the buy back program?

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    5/05/2013 5:24pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I'm not going to argue right or wrong, but it is hilarious that you'll do a buy back program and then resell the guns. The purpose was to buy back guns and they were destroyed.
    So much for taking the guns off the street.
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I hope they buy for cheap and then make a huge profit.
    That would make entirely too much sense. If they ran government more like a business, we wouldn't be in the mess we're in now. My only hope here is that they at least return the stolen guns to their rightful owners.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    5/06/2013 8:05am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    My only hope here is that they at least return the stolen guns to their rightful owners.[/URL]
    LOL.

What I keep coming back to is the stated goal vrs the reality of gun buybacks. They buy all kinds of gun-shaped garbage, then bring the newsies out to take a picture of the two actual guns they reaped, while claiming to have taken hundreds of guns off the streets. With this law, somebody is going to have to pay to store all the broken, archaic crap and rusted-out BB guns they claim are firearms, but nobody is going to buy. Maybe they can get around the rule by cutting them up and selling the resulting scrap?
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    5/06/2013 8:18am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gun buyback programs are a gunsmith's dream come true. They can sell their scrap boxes for ten times what it's worth.

Gun buyback programs are a gunsmith's dream come true. They can sell their scrap boxes for ten times what it's worth.