Page 30 of 70 FirstFirst ... 202627282930 3132333440 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    4/30/2013 8:56am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What woman wouldn't want a 40 year old unemployed ninja who can't pay rent?

Posted On:
    4/30/2013 8:58am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander View Post
    So, I watched "Tomorrow When the War Comes". It was totally awesome. It was what Red Dawn remake should have been.

Plus, HOT OZZIE GIRLS IN SHORT SHORTS AND TANKTOPS FIRING ASSAULT RIFLES.

So, I watched "Tomorrow When the War Comes". It was totally awesome. It was what Red Dawn remake should have been.

Plus, HOT OZZIE GIRLS IN SHORT SHORTS AND TANKTOPS FIRING ASSAULT RIFLES.
    Quick correction: Tomorrow When The War Began.

It was a film adaption of an awesome book, hopefully they continue adapting the rest of the series. I was real young when I got the book, signed by John Marsden. It was actually an inspiration for my interest in survival courses, the army, etc. I loved the film, I honestly didn't have high hopes because the book was legitimately awesome and I was afraid with current trends the Australian film industry would try to focus on the relationship drama that was actually quite significantly fleshed out in the novel. When they are in "Hell", the outback bush oasis they camped in, the book did a lot of work on character and relationship development that I thought would slow down the pace of a film, but fortunately they decided to show sexy young Aussie chicks playing in bikinis in the water over the teenage angst evident in the book. The action was top notch and it was real fucking close to the original material.

Very happy with this movie.

Funny trivia, the book was republished under the title "When The War Began" because the "Tomorrow" apparently confused young people, its target audience. Glad they changed it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/30/2013 9:18am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanYves72 View Post
    And yet I have read other articles that say different. Look them up. LOL And look up Hans Asperger. ;) Considering I have a 20 year old diagnosed with it for the past 15 years I do know a little more on the history and such. :)
    I just read a bunch of articles on this. You can look them up. They say that Aspergers as a diagnosis was created 10 years ago. They also specifically talked about your experience and how your 20 year old was misdiagnosed. Sucks for you. Go look up those articles, very interesting info in there.

It's no ones business really. :) What do I care if people think I am vague here. :)
    Yeah, you are right. So don't bring up stuff that isn't anyone's business and don't want to talk about.

Years don't equate to knowledge if what was learnt was not real or legitimate. They sure the hell don't equate to character, wisdom or aptitude either. I am here to state my opinion on posts that is all. Whether I am believed or not is not my issue. :)
    I guess you have never heard about muscle memory. It comes from actually doing the techniques rather than just sitting around thinking about them. And no one said anything about character, wisdom, or aptitude.

And don't worry about if people believe you or not. You flushed that down the toilet with your first couple of posts.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/30/2013 9:29am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Having a little bit of a discussion with a few of the members who seem to not like the fact that I have my own opinion and don't feel the need to explain myself further and in that I have someone somehow put a picture as my avatar. I have no idea how and I have no idea how to get rid of it. Is it customary to have so many people get annoyed here with someone who doesn't want to do what they want? lol Also had it constantly insinuated I am here to troll because I have fun with those ganging up on me to try and apparently make me conform or drive me off. :) You will see me taking the piss out of them in reply. :)

Looks like I am not wanted here by some with no real reason besides the fact I stated what I thought with no desire to explain why any more than I did. lol I am more curious as to how someone was able to put a picture on my profile as an avatar without my permission.

No you didn't have a discussion. You posted unfounded opinion and refused to defend it in any way. This doesn't meet the criteria of discussion or even effective communication. For someone who claims to have expertice in the mental health field, you would think you would understand that.

As far as how someone gave you an avatar. He used a computer, clicked some buttons and moved his mouse around.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    4/30/2013 10:14am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post

It was a film adaption of an awesome book, hopefully they continue adapting the rest of the series. I was real young when I got the book, signed by John Marsden. It was actually an inspiration for my interest in survival courses, the army, etc. I loved the film, I honestly didn't have high hopes because the book was legitimately awesome and I was afraid with current trends the Australian film industry would try to focus on the relationship drama that was actually quite significantly fleshed out in the novel. When they are in "Hell", the outback bush oasis they camped in, the book did a lot of work on character and relationship development that I thought would slow down the pace of a film, but fortunately they decided to show sexy young Aussie chicks playing in bikinis in the water over the teenage angst evident in the book. The action was top notch and it was real fucking close to the original material.

Funny trivia, the book was republished under the title "When The War Began" because the "Tomorrow" apparently confused young people, its target audience. Glad they changed it back.
    Yeah, I loved the hell out of it. It had actual pathos, as opposed to the new Red Dawn. I ordered the book series, so my kid can read them when I'm older.

And I can read them now.

And yeah, that chick who played Ellie? Her legs filled out her shorts.

And my shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post

Yeah, I loved the hell out of it. It had actual pathos, as opposed to the new Red Dawn. I ordered the book series, so my kid can read them when I'm older.

And I can read them now.

And yeah, that chick who played Ellie? Her legs filled out her shorts.

And my shorts.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    4/30/2013 10:24am

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    As far as how someone gave you an avatar. He used a computer, clicked some buttons and moved his mouse around.
    And then laughed out loud.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2013 10:29am

Style: Escrima n00b

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    What woman wouldn't want a 40 year old unemployed ninja who can't pay rent?
    A 40 year old unemployed ninja WITH ASPERGERS who can't pay rent

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2013 10:38am

Style: Escrima n00b

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Both his claims of MA experience and working in the field of mental health kind of remind me of this:

Name:  6745488_700b_v1.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  48.3 KB

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/30/2013 10:42am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't keep my off topic posts in just one thread - Neg rep everything I post
    ****, you're going to give people carpal tunnel!
    Combatives training log.

Drum thread

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2013 10:56am

Style: Holiday Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @Battlefields: Sorry chap; negged one of your posts on the way thru. I shall time travel and make good!