232293 Bullies, 4033 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 700
Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12 34561252 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. JeanYves72 is offline
    JeanYves72's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    159

    Posted On:
    4/29/2013 10:29am


     Style: Bujinkan

    -19
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    JeanYyves, I note that your qualifications according to your profile are that you have "done some training in the Bujinkan". If you actually follow that link to e-budo, you will find input from koryu kenjutsu instructors, aikido instructors and assorted other experts that all say essentially what I just said, if my kendo and judo qualifications are insufficient to impress you.

    That and what DerAuslander said.
    Well considering that you have sport qualifications and the fact that most people do not like to admit that they don't have an 'invincible' style or school then I think I'll pass on that. Logic dictates that they will not want to 'advertise' weakness in techniques. After all they do have a reputation to protect you know. The internet is a place where you can find ANYTHING to back what you say. Also 'qualifications' don't mean much as it is down to the instructor/s who grades the student, the skills during the grading, the instructors own personal agenda if there is one etc.

    And like anything on the net we can all profess to be something we are not...whether skilled, knowledgeable or whatever. Personal opinions run most of what anyone would say about their style or another. Simple logic mate.
  2. Cake of Doom is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    surrey, UK
    Posts
    804

    Posted On:
    4/29/2013 10:36am


     Style: Holiday Judo

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanYves72 View Post
    BABBLE BABBLE BLAH BABBLE
    Do you know anything of the topic that is being discussed?

    I sense you have a butt full of hurt with the martial arts.
  3. JeanYves72 is offline
    JeanYves72's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    159

    Posted On:
    4/29/2013 10:38am


     Style: Bujinkan

    -7
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    G'day

    Looks like I have already acquired some fans here. :P I am opinionated when i see what is obvious arrogance or ignorance and will explain always what I am talking about rather than just taking schoolyard shots at people I disagree with.

    I have some experience in martial arts, respect all whether I think they are effective or not. I also respect any martial artists who knows that he does not know it all and that his style is not invincible.

    Over 2 decades of personal study via talking, reading etc and some training in a couple of styles.

    So don't take my apparent lack of dojo time to mean a lack of experience or knowledge. Good thing about my having Asperger's. When you have an interest in something it becomes very much your life. And martial arts is my main interest. :)
  4. NeilG is online now
    NeilG's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    1,380

    Posted On:
    4/29/2013 10:42am


     Style: Kendo

    5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanYves72 View Post
    Well considering that you have sport qualifications and the fact that most people do not like to admit that they don't have an 'invincible' style or school then I think I'll pass on that.
    Ill-informed and unwilling to do even the most basic of research. Noted.
  5. Diesel_tke is offline
    Diesel_tke's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    4,005

    Posted On:
    4/29/2013 10:43am

    Join us... or die
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    G'day to you as well.
    Combatives training log.

    Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

    Drum thread

    Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.
  6. JeanYves72 is offline
    JeanYves72's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    159

    Posted On:
    4/29/2013 10:47am


     Style: Bujinkan

    -14
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cake of Doom View Post
    Do you know anything of the topic that is being discussed?

    I sense you have a butt full of hurt with the martial arts.
    Actually yes I do have some knowledge of the subject. :0

    And what sense is it to say I have a butt full of hurt with the martial arts? Is it because you don't agree with me but cannot think of a reasonable reason and don't want to appear as stupid as you appear to be?
    Last edited by JeanYves72; 4/29/2013 10:51am at .
  7. JeanYves72 is offline
    JeanYves72's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    159

    Posted On:
    4/29/2013 10:49am


     Style: Bujinkan

    -17
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    Ill-informed and unwilling to do even the most basic of research. Noted.
    Funny for it sounds just like you. ;) You agree with the ones who agree with you and are happy to do so without considering the fact that they have their agendas. ;) I look at the sources and from all sides. You obviously don't do the same.
  8. Cake of Doom is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    surrey, UK
    Posts
    804

    Posted On:
    4/29/2013 10:50am


     Style: Holiday Judo

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Which sources were they then? Could you list them so we're all on the same page with where you are coming from.
  9. JeanYves72 is offline
    JeanYves72's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    159

    Posted On:
    4/29/2013 10:54am


     Style: Bujinkan

    -26
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For what purpose? lol It's obvious you are not interested. ;) I have stated my opinion and whether you agree or not is not relevant in my life in any way. I'm not here to change your thinking just to state my opinion on posts and learn as well if I see something that interests me.
  • NeilG is online now
    NeilG's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    1,380

    Posted On:
    4/29/2013 10:56am


     Style: Kendo

    5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Furthermore, clarify your position exactly. Let us know how much of a chance you think someone has in taking away a sword. Be specific - how much experience does the empty-handed guy need to be successful, how much does the skill of the swordsman matter? Cite your references, whether it be from your own training, some expert opinion you have read, or the manga you read last week.

    If you're unwilling to do that, we'll just assume you're another know-nothing troll and ignore you appropriately.

    ETA, you got in with another bit of idiocy while I was typing. Know-nothing troll noted.
  • Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12 34561252 ... LastLast

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  

    Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.