Posted On:
    5/05/2013 9:48am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Not Everyone collects F%^**^ TAGS , I'm not angry

Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    If you are going to claim to be LEO please get yourself a tag. Also that has to be the most stupid proverb I have ever read.
    Not everyone collects fucking tags.

At the same time, if anyone wants to claim to be Santa Claus, a postal worker or bipolar on the net, there's not a huge amount anyone else can do about it other than accuse a user-name of BS. If the user-name doesn't want a tag, and you're all that into getting him to prove any claim, you'll just have to pay him a visit and try to force him to show you the relevant dox and such.

As for the claim of Aikido fitting use-of-force policies, that's not an out-there claim, given the H2H training many such departments offer their members.
    Last edited by Vieux Normand; 5/05/2013 9:52am at .

Posted On:
    5/05/2013 12:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    It is my polite way of saying I don't fucking believe you. As you should know it also happens to be one of the appeals to authority that we don't put up with around here without it being proven.

As for the claim of Aikido fitting use-of-force policies, that's not an out-there claim, given the H2H training many such departments offer their members.
    The way he said it sounded like something I would expect to hear on an episode of Reno 911.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/05/2013 12:10pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Vieux's s upset because he is getting hassled by another poster, who says he is a lying about his bio.

...has all your Jing.

Posted On:
    5/05/2013 12:21pm

Style: Judo, baby! Yeah!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikironin21 View Post
    I train Aikido, because it fits with my department's use of force policy, and it's fun. I may or may not have a clue, but remember, just because a man drinks coffee at breakfast, doesn't, necessarily, mean he doesn't drink wine with dinner. There are many dimensions to all of us.
    I drink wine for breakfast. Saves time!
    "So, yeah, Zen teachers may well insult you, work you to the bone, hit you with sticks, shout verbal abuse at you, and punch the **** out of you.
    And when the ****'s been punched out of you, you might just find that you're far better-off without it." - Vieux Normand

"So in short, BJJ wins again. BJJ, and chainmail." - TheMightyMcClaw

"On bullshido, your opinions are not sacred, neither are your feelings." - Scrapper

"You entered the lions' den. Don't bitch if you get eaten." - danniboi07

"Needless to say, it's much easier to clear a bunch of drunk kids out of your house when you're yelling GTFO and carrying a samurai sword." - DerAuslander

"Eventually, I realized it doesn't matter what art you train, what matters is the method in which you train. Training in an alive manner, under skilled and qualified instruction, is the single most important aspect of gaining martial skill. All else is window dressing." - JNP : Saying it how it is!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2013 5:56pm

Style: Aikido, Kajukembo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not making some outrageous claim. I'm a prison guard in California. As far as proof, I evoke a Sean Connery line from The Untouchables, "Who would claim to be that, who was not?" Prison guards, or as some demand to be called, correctional officers, here in California, work for the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation. We are not 24hr a day LEOs, so I wouldn't use that tag anyway. I don't even know how to get one, or what use it would be.

Our arrest and control training, when I went through the academy, in 97, was created by Robert Koga. Koga based his method on his Aikido experience. Since I already had started training in Aikido, I just stuck with it, and use it mainly for control situations as in handcuffing resisting inmates nowadays. I started my career in psych units, and my Aikido experience paid off. It saved many injuries to staff and inmates alike, I'm sure. I won't argue that there may a better way, or quicker way to learn, or more kick ass system. There was no BJJ in my area till about two years ago. Had BJJ been here when I started Aikido, I probably would have been training in that. I am starting BJJ soon, but I still will train in Aikido, cause I like it.

Posted On:
    5/05/2013 6:06pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Vieux's s upset because he is getting hassled by another poster, who says he is a lying about his bio.
    Your English comprehension is interesting. How is "not everyone is interested in tags" synonymous with "such-and-such an individual is upset"?

Meanwhile--didn't you know?--absolutely everything I post is a lie. All of it, without exception. It's not like anyone do a thing about is except point fingers and squeak "fib!"

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/05/2013 6:15pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your English comprehension is interesting. How is "not everyone is interested in tags" synonymous with "such-and-such an individual is upset"?
    Oh I'm sorry, I didn't see that edit.
    Oh, there wasn't one.

Less interesting than your switch from the angry "Not everyone collects fucking tags" to the banal "not everyone is interested in tags."

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/05/2013 6:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unrelated:

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/05/2013 6:47pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    5/05/2013 7:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not making some outrageous claim.
    Well...
    claiming to use this

to beat this

"Who would claim to be that, who was not?"
    Someone who wants to try and get us to give us the mental image of this

working against

Most often the person making such claims is full of this

We are not 24hr a day LEOs, so I wouldn't use that tag anyway. I don't even know how to get one, or what use it would be.
    The use is when you want to make an appeal to authority you can at least back it up by being verified. If you're not willing to verify that you indeed have the job you are not allowed to say oh man this **** really works at work.

Robert Koga.
    Of http://www.kogainst.com/method.html ?
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast